Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 07:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hey Bam, check this out

I guess I won't be pestering you to sell me yours any more.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

FINALLY !!!! Now you'll probably pull a nice AP auto since you already got that. How'd you get it ?

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Fleabay - $150 BIN. So that's two of the ten accounted for.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

WOW $150. BIN seems cheap. Thats a great deal for you J. Is Fitz stuff soft now or something because of his slow start ?

Old 09-27-2007, 06:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

It does seem to be a little soft. In the past month, I picked up (among other things) a 2004 Leaf R&S Platinum for $69, a 2004 Bowman's Best BGS 9.5 Manning/Fitz dual auto for $170, and a 2007 SpX Superscripts auto redemption for $11. All of those seem like pretty good deals to me.

One thing though - there was another 2004 SPA triple auto (same as the card I won) on the bay a few months back, and that one ended with an accepted BO of $115. I was p!ssed when I missed that one.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:05 AM   #6 (permalink)

I dont think Fitzgerald is living up to his expectations, and people are now wondering if he's really as good as he was touted to be. Maybe it's the offense or something, but he's just not producing on the field at the level that he was projected to ... in my opinion. Boldin is clearly the better receiver there .. gets better separation (which in my mind is the key here) and is the go to guy. Let's face it . Fitz is a number 2 receiver that sometimes disappears in games. He's not even getting the best corner on him and he still isn't producing. He has 6 TD's in the last 16 games, none this year .. and he was projected by the fantasy gods to be one of the best receivers in the league?? This of course is all my personal opinion and is up for debate, but at this point I would be willing to say that Fitz is a bust!!
TimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

His production was disappointing in 2006 and so far in 2007, but Fitzgerald definitely isnít a bust. Charles Rogers was a bust. Mike Williams was a bust. Reggie Williams is a bust. Look at Fitzgeraldís stats Ė as a rookie in 2004, 58 rec., 780 yds. & 8 TDs. 2005, 103 rec., 1,409 yds. & 10 TDs. Last year he was hobbled by a hamstring injury, so he didnít put up good numbers. This year theyíre only 3 games into the season, so itís way too early to write him off.

I donít disagree with you that Boldin is a better receiver Ė heís definitely a more complete receiver because of his blocking, and I agree heís faster. Thatís the thing Ė Fitzgerald isnít going to be scoring on 70-yard bombs, and heís not going to take a 5-yard slant 80 yards for a TD. For the type of receiver he is, Fitzgerald is solid. Heís like an Art Monk, a Herman Moore or a Keyshawn Johnson Ė a possession-type receiver who will catch the 35-yard jump ball for a touchdown. You canít fault him for expectations he didnít ask for (like being the #3 overall pick).

And just as a side note, it doesnít matter to me if he never becomes a superstar Ė I donít collect his cards as an investment, I do it because he was a great receiver (and from everything Iíve heard, an even better person) at Pitt. If his cards continue to decline in value, all the better for me Ė then I can pick them up cheaper.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yes, I guess I worded that wrong .. he's definately not a 'bust' from a career perspective .. but definately sub-par (according to expectations and draft status) the last couple of seasons ('06, '07 to date). Maybe the expectations were and still are too high. He definately had a great year in '05. What kills me is I see him at the top of the charts in the fantasy football cheat sheets every year and I still can't figure it out .. maybe everyone is expecting him to have another 2005.
TimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

I like Boldin alot since he is a former Nole. While Fitz has been a bit on the down side, I still think if the Cards got some consistancy at o-line and QB they would be one of the best WR cores in the NFL. B. Johnson is no slouch and I think Pope could be a quality TE especially in the red zone.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to j_b_77

Not sure if I heard Fitzy wants to be traded....Imagine if he got on a team that gave the qb more than 2 and a half seconds to throw.....
j_b_77 is offline   Reply With Quote