Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2010 Adrian Peterson Topps Prime Auto Level 5

Hey guys-
Gotta question or more like need some objective input, take into consideration when comparing; the brand, serial numbering, the game-used swatch location, type of Game-Used material, the player's action on the card, the placement of the auto, and player, the auto itself, long term sustainability, odds of pulling such a card etc etc.

Let's say you have a 2010 Adrian Peterson Topps Prime Level 5 Auto /75, which is the lowest of the Level 5 veteran auto's. Peyton Manning has one out /150. I really like AP, he is a very popular player and one of the top collectable players in the game. I have a 2010 Adrian Peterson Topps Prime Level 5 Auto 53/75, currently up as a $120 BIN or OBO. I have seen one sold at $120 a few months back, currently there are 3 up for auction, also up for bid is a 2010 Topps Unrivaled red parallel Auto 3clr patch, it had 1 day left and the current bid is at $83.01, it is a very nice looking card, only #'d to 10, nice patch and auto placement, also the action of AP on the card itself is very nice. I am thinking this card will go has high as $150-$175, pending on the last minute furry of bidding that takes place.

Now mine is a bit different it is /75, has four G/U swatch locations, all along the bottom, then above is the auto and then located to the left is a game shot of AP carrying the football with no real authentic surroundings. The card is very thick and on the back is another shot of AP in action with again no real authentic surroundings he just blends into the card on both sides. the presentation of the Card I believe has some better quality than the unrivaled, in a few areas. The location of the 4 G/U patches, and how it is boardered with very durable and heavr foil the auto. Also the foil has a nice placing as it incases the auto with the players name atop the card. The only real lacking aspect is the action of the player, where Unrivaled shows AP running the football a great action shot, Topps Prime is lacking that aspect.

I did have one offer for $50, I declined, he stated he bids accordingly, he based his offer from the recently sold 2010 Topps Triple Threads Sepia parallel #'d 4/9, which sold for $50-$65, I can't remember, I am not a huge T Triple Threads fan just because of what my card currently displays, too much swatches with little game action of the player itself. Triple threads is just ugly IMHO, others my love it. But can some of you guys help elaborate on this topic for me? So that I can get a good solid BIN price, thanks
bboltz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Man that guy is lowballing you like crazy. $50 for a jersey/auto of Peterson?
Lowest auto/jersey on eBay completed listing was $80.

SIDE NOTE, I found them gem on there:
2010 Limited ADRIAN PETERSON Jersey Auto SP #D 12/15 | eBay

Good job Panini for getting the sticker auto upside down on that one. Taking MArk Sanchez's auto mistakes to another level there.
I'd say $80 for your Peterson is fair price. I'm no fan of the Topps Prime 4 jersey swatch look to be honest.

Also, the Triple Threads auto jersey's numbered to 9 went for over $100. So yeah, is he just looking at the regular jersey cards there?
tehchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think he was, but damn if that AP sticker auto was correctly put right side up $81 could be at least $100, I think. The Peyton Mannings /150 are selling at a solid $150-$175 range
bboltz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

i pulled the unrivaled one while back think # /125 was 3 clr not a great patch though was barely 3 clr it got right at 90 in a 3 day auction
a lot of people me personally dont care for topps prime and it wont hold its value like some other products thats just my 2 cents for what its worth
JDK16 is offline   Reply With Quote