Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Buy this case or wait?

I see alot of nice stuff coming out of 2011 RR.

I think it looks WAY better then Prestige. Didn't touch prestige at all.

Question is though, is there anything nicer coming out soon that I should wait for or go ahead and grab a case of this?

I don't see the price coming down anytime soon.

Also, a very random question not related. How the hell do I stop getting E-Mails for every single PM sent to me here?

Thanks!

Looking to Buy- Redskins-Raiders-Bills-Lakers-PelicansRookie Autos
FreeFlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hey man, I'm personally waiting for Topps Finest, which I think has it pretty much all together. Other than that, most products haven't even previewed yet, so not sure what they're going to look like.

Up on the top toolbar, choose "User CP." Then on the next page, on the left vertical toolbar, choose, "edit options." Scroll down a little bit and take the check mark out of "Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages." Don't forget to then scroll to the bottom of the page and press "Save Changes."
pkremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkremer View Post
Hey man, I'm personally waiting for Topps Finest, which I think has it pretty much all together. Other than that, most products haven't even previewed yet, so not sure what they're going to look like.

Up on the top toolbar, choose "User CP." Then on the next page, on the left vertical toolbar, choose, "edit options." Scroll down a little bit and take the check mark out of "Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages." Don't forget to then scroll to the bottom of the page and press "Save Changes."
Thank You sir!

Topps Finest does look great but that doesn't release until Sept 3rd correct?

Only plan on buying 2 cases of 2011 Products until the Nationals.

If there's no 2011 season, I have no clue what I'll do. Might start collecting Basketball but they;re about to be in a lockout I hear? GRRRRRRRR

Old 06-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

it's nicer than prestige, but a polished turd is still a turd.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeFlow View Post
Thank You sir!

Topps Finest does look great but that doesn't release until Sept 3rd correct?

Only plan on buying 2 cases of 2011 Products until the Nationals.

If there's no 2011 season, I have no clue what I'll do. Might start collecting Basketball but they;re about to be in a lockout I hear? GRRRRRRRR
August 17 according to Blowout.

If there's no season, I'll just keep working on my set I started today! And I'll pick the Aaron Rodgers cards out of the new releases...there will still be releases even if there is no season, even though it'll be lamer. But I still have high hopes there will be a season, even if not the full one we usually have.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
August 17 according to Blowout.

If there's no season, I'll just keep working on my set I started today! And I'll pick the Aaron Rodgers cards out of the new releases...there will still be releases even if there is no season, even though it'll be lamer. But I still have high hopes there will be a season, even if not the full one we usually have.
Yeah I was about to speculate how they would pull that off but no use talking about it until we see if the judge grants a permanent stay on the lockout or not.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Im gonna try my first case with Topps Inception comes out July 13 i think looks nice
nacowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

What are the thoughts on Donruss Elite? That's out in a week and a half, isn't it?
uw91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacowboys View Post
Im gonna try my first case with Topps Inception comes out July 13 i think looks nice
Only Topps product I'm gonna stay FAR away from. Did you see the on-card autos the players we're signing at the rookie premier!!!!?

They we're already damaged and the black paint already had some scratches in it, kinda like UD Black, but worst!

Old 06-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uw91 View Post
What are the thoughts on Donruss Elite? That's out in a week and a half, isn't it?
Interested to know peoples thoughts on that!

This is all I could find. Panini's products this year are looking kinda boring.... and they are stealing other companys ideas....

http://www.beckett.com/news/2011/03/...donruss-elite/

Man, Panini really needs to hire some real artistic talent to get some creativity pumped out.

Last edited by FreeFlow; 06-04-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Two and a half weeks. It got pushed back to June 22nd. Topps seems to be blowing Panini out of the water so far this year. I wouldn't touch anything Panini until they actually put out a quality product, which might not be until Certified or Limited, whichever is first.
jamuser304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamuser304 View Post
Two and a half weeks. It got pushed back to June 22nd. Topps seems to be blowing Panini out of the water so far this year. I wouldn't touch anything Panini until they actually put out a quality product, which might not be until Certified or Limited, whichever is first.
My thoughts exactly. Gonna go ahead and put in an order for Rising Rookies. I like it.

Hopefully I do good!

Old 06-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Really don't care for it. The base design is meh, and several of the inserts don't appeal to me at all. The Down and Distance subset look nice as a complete card, but suffer the same Panini "HUGE BLANK WHITE AREA" if there is no auto...I really dislike that. And that "Turn of the Century" insert with the huge white box? Yuck. I can handle one bad insert set, but basically most of them I dislike.

Topps Finest is really the only upcoming product that I really think every aspect of it looks nice.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:35 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Only Topps product I'm gonna stay FAR away from. Did you see the on-card autos the players we're signing at the rookie premier!!!!?

They we're already damaged and the black paint already had some scratches in it, kinda like UD Black, but worst!
Do you have a link? I haven't seen pictures of players signing them yet.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:51 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erFan View Post
Do you have a link? I haven't seen pictures of players signing them yet.
I'll try to find it for ya when I wake up, about to hit the sack.

I'm sure someone else has seen it and has the link though. The Topps "Preview" Cards obviously look flawless.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:27 AM   #16 (permalink)

Rising rookies is the ugliest prodcut i have seen in some time... also their's too many 2nd year scrub rookie hits with "event" worn patches ...rediculous
Old 06-05-2011, 01:00 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Interested to know peoples thoughts on that!

This is all I could find. Panini's products this year are looking kinda boring.... and they are stealing other companys ideas....

First Look: 2011 Donruss Elite Football |

Man, Panini really needs to hire some real artistic talent to get some creativity pumped out.
Jesus man..really what is it with you and Panini??

here we go this will be round what like 5 or 6...im sure you wont comment like you havent any other time ive called you out.

You hated Prestige...gotcha..point made...

But your calling out Panini for "stealing" other companies ideas??? really???

Im assuming you mean for the booklet cards. The same idea that Topps "stole" from UD last year right??

And speaking of "stealing ideas"...you bash Prestige and now I guess Elite, and are going to buy a case of Rising Rookies?

you mean the same product that has:

-Freshman Impressions....or wait, that cant be a ripoff of Prestiges Rookie Review set theyve had for at least 4 years now.
-NFL Draft Rookies "inserts"...pretty much the same as Prestige insert of same name..no?
-Parallels of Gold, Blue, Red, Green Black....hmmm, arent those the same exact colors Prestige uses for Xtra Points? well Blue is actually the Draft Picks parallel
-Manu'd NFL Shields/NFL Draft Logos...hmm where have i seen that before....wait, Panini?? nooo...

and even go so far as to look at the base Topps set:

-using the stamps...yeah thats not been used before right?? oh wait...didnt Panini already do that too??
-Or the Game Day GU design, with the longer horizontal pieces, ala UD college licensed products last year??

If your gonna call 1 company out, you better call out ones that are equally as bad for "stealing ideas".

Your entitled to your opinion, just as everyone else is.

Im not a Topps hater, or Panini supporter. It might sound like i am, but i hate people who argue one way or another with no proof of anything they say.

Anyways as to your original question:

There arent many wow, awesome products early in the season. Inception seems to be a new product favorite this year. I dont see the big deal about Topps Finest the past few years. other than that Topps Platinum was popular last year. Again dont see the big deal about that product either.
cdub6238 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:09 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
There arent many wow, awesome products early in the season. Inception seems to be a new product favorite this year. I dont see the big deal about Topps Finest the past few years. other than that Topps Platinum was popular last year. Again dont see the big deal about that product either.
What you like is all a matter of personal opinion. That's why they make so many different concepts and designs each year.

Personally, I was meh on 2009 Finest, thought 2010 was a step up, but I am really excited for the 2011 design. It just catches my personal eye as a great looking set. Also, I like the inserts, and you're guaranteed 2 relic autos in a box, and they usually look pretty nice. You don't get as many hits for your money, but the hits you do get are generally higher quality. I'd much rather spend $100 and get 2 nice-looking patch autos than spend $100 and get 2 crap jersey cards, 1 scrub auto, and 1 RPS rookie auto.

Oh, and another thing: Finest hits are all the RPS rookies or veterans. You aren't going to pull random autos out of the 250 draft picks, you're going to pull hits of the top 35 RPS rookies. That's another reason for me to like it personally.

Last edited by pkremer; 06-05-2011 at 01:14 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:16 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
What you like is all a matter of personal opinion. That's why they make so many different concepts and designs each year.

Personally, I was meh on 2009 Finest, thought 2010 was a step up, but I am really excited for the 2011 design. It just catches my personal eye as a great looking set. Also, I like the inserts, and you're guaranteed 2 relic autos in a box, and they usually look pretty nice. You don't get as many hits for your money, but the hits you do get are generally higher quality. I'd much rather spend $100 and get 2 nice-looking patch autos than spend $100 and get 2 crap jersey cards, 1 scrub auto, and 1 RPS rookie auto.

Oh, and another thing: Finest hits are all the RPS rookies or veterans. You aren't going to pull random autos out of the 250 draft picks, you're going to pull hits of the top 35 RPS rookies. That's another reason for me to like it personally.
The only problem i have with finest is it's too many rooks...not enough vetrens
Old 06-05-2011, 01:20 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsCrush86 View Post
The only problem i have with finest is it's too many rooks...not enough vetrens
Totally agree, but honestly, the majority of products released before the season start suffer from this. I definitely think Finest is focused more on rookies, just like all the early release products. But for veteran hunters, there are other sets released towards the end of the year that are heavier on them.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:21 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:

I completely agree. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are going to like different products. I personally like the look of Inception, and if could would probably bust it. Thats not my problem with OP (well not problem since I dont know him personally, but you get the point).

The issue is, he didnt like Prestige. Thats fine, thats his opinion. But where he is wrong is running around spouting off things that are factually not true and innacurate.

IE:

-Rising Rookies Freshmans set is soo much better because all Panini had was just a tiny GU space and no autos...FALSE. Prestiges Auto list was just more selective and not throwing out Kafkas, Easleys, Edwards etc.
-Prestige had 10 Undrafted FA Autos in the set #/1499 accounting for almost 15000 Autos...FALSE. There were 6 Undrafted Autos for a total of less than 9000 AUtos in the set (or slightly above 25% of the set).

Im sure there are others he TRIED to point out but failed...and nowin this thread apparantly "Elite..or Panini" is now "stealing other companies ideas"

yet...i just pointed out several things apparantly hedidnt know about Topps.

Again, if you dont like the design...think the products sucks for this and that...sure thats your opinion, go ahead hate all you want.

But dont try and make stuff up to make your arguemnt look better.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:28 AM   #22 (permalink)

Honestly, all the companies need a revamp. The problem is that people are so obsessed with the 'hits' now that companies are having to do all kinds of crazy crap to get all those hits to satisfy demand. Stamps? Manufactured flags? "Event-worn" patches?

This has led to being able to pull 4 'hits' in a box, but let's be honest, lately most of them are garbage and sell for $5 each. I'm looking at you as the biggest offender on that one, Panini. I wish that people could get over their obsession with having to pull 4 hits in a box and be able to move that to 2 or so. The quality of the hits would rise, and we wouldn't be awash in crappy-looking jersey cards. It's no wonder the companies design teams are churning out crap...I can't imagine having to create base cards, inserts, jersey cards, autos for 15 different products every year!

I wish people would care more about quality hits and be satisfied with less of them...because that's the only way its going to happen. Another reason I like Finest. Only 2 hits in a box, but they're usually pretty great looking.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:41 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Honestly, all the companies need a revamp. The problem is that people are so obsessed with the 'hits' now that companies are having to do all kinds of crazy crap to get all those hits to satisfy demand. Stamps? Manufactured flags? "Event-worn" patches?

This has led to being able to pull 4 'hits' in a box, but let's be honest, lately most of them are garbage and sell for $5 each. I'm looking at you as the biggest offender on that one, Panini. I wish that people could get over their obsession with having to pull 4 hits in a box and be able to move that to 2 or so. The quality of the hits would rise, and we wouldn't be awash in crappy-looking jersey cards. It's no wonder the companies design teams are churning out crap...I can't imagine having to create base cards, inserts, jersey cards, autos for 15 different products every year!

I wish people would care more about quality hits and be satisfied with less of them...because that's the only way its going to happen. Another reason I like Finest. Only 2 hits in a box, but they're usually pretty great looking.
I agree and disagree.

I agree its gotten out of control as far as "guaranteed hits".

Yes Panini might have started it, but Topps and UD werent exactly guilt free imo.

If anything, Panini has actually tried to improve the quality of GU (GU/Event used is a different debate lol). Take for example Prestige.

Sure if you buy only a box or a few your more likely to get all 1 color GU. But for example the team case break i hosted, i know it might have been better than most-but just an example:

out of 12 boxes- there were 8 GU hits that were 2 color or more, and 2 of the 1 colors were #/ed to 100 or less.

Also think of the Certified Fabrics of the Game GU. Or even the Stamps and Slideshows they introduced the pas few years.

Topps and UD are equally as guilty as far as 1 color GU goes. matter of fact i even think there was some Finest/Platinum "Patch" Autos coming out as 1 color.

Nobody is perfect and there is always room for improvement. I just hope they dont go overboard.

Same can be said fo Bball. When i first started collecting in the mid 90s, man i was stoked to get that ultra rare 1:90-1:150 or whatever insert out of 1 box...then came Autographics...and it didnt stop there. Now there are hardly any interest in any inserts and unless you get that 1 players hit, nobody is interested anymore.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:54 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree and disagree.

I agree its gotten out of control as far as "guaranteed hits".

Yes Panini might have started it, but Topps and UD werent exactly guilt free imo.

If anything, Panini has actually tried to improve the quality of GU (GU/Event used is a different debate lol). Take for example Prestige.

Sure if you buy only a box or a few your more likely to get all 1 color GU. But for example the team case break i hosted, i know it might have been better than most-but just an example:

out of 12 boxes- there were 8 GU hits that were 2 color or more, and 2 of the 1 colors were #/ed to 100 or less.

Also think of the Certified Fabrics of the Game GU. Or even the Stamps and Slideshows they introduced the pas few years.

Topps and UD are equally as guilty as far as 1 color GU goes. matter of fact i even think there was some Finest/Platinum "Patch" Autos coming out as 1 color.

Nobody is perfect and there is always room for improvement. I just hope they dont go overboard.

Same can be said fo Bball. When i first started collecting in the mid 90s, man i was stoked to get that ultra rare 1:90-1:150 or whatever insert out of 1 box...then came Autographics...and it didnt stop there. Now there are hardly any interest in any inserts and unless you get that 1 players hit, nobody is interested anymore.
Well, i can tell you for one i personally collect all Peyton cards, i look on a daily basis for any #'d inserts or base that i don't already have and i also enjoy game used and patches alike....obviousley they are all in a diffrent price range but i don't think you a complete collector unless you have all the basis covered...and if products were just all "hits" i would lose interest very quickly in this hobby because that would be no fun. I enjoy pulling rare parrallels out of my boxes rather than just scrub auto's or Gu all the time.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Jesus man..really what is it with you and Panini??

here we go this will be round what like 5 or 6...im sure you wont comment like you havent any other time ive called you out.

You hated Prestige...gotcha..point made...

But your calling out Panini for "stealing" other companies ideas??? really???

Im assuming you mean for the booklet cards. The same idea that Topps "stole" from UD last year right??

And speaking of "stealing ideas"...you bash Prestige and now I guess Elite, and are going to buy a case of Rising Rookies?

you mean the same product that has:

-Freshman Impressions....or wait, that cant be a ripoff of Prestiges Rookie Review set theyve had for at least 4 years now.
-NFL Draft Rookies "inserts"...pretty much the same as Prestige insert of same name..no?
-Parallels of Gold, Blue, Red, Green Black....hmmm, arent those the same exact colors Prestige uses for Xtra Points? well Blue is actually the Draft Picks parallel
-Manu'd NFL Shields/NFL Draft Logos...hmm where have i seen that before....wait, Panini?? nooo...

and even go so far as to look at the base Topps set:

-using the stamps...yeah thats not been used before right?? oh wait...didnt Panini already do that too??
-Or the Game Day GU design, with the longer horizontal pieces, ala UD college licensed products last year??

If your gonna call 1 company out, you better call out ones that are equally as bad for "stealing ideas".

Your entitled to your opinion, just as everyone else is.

Im not a Topps hater, or Panini supporter. It might sound like i am, but i hate people who argue one way or another with no proof of anything they say.

Anyways as to your original question:

Actually never seen you "Call me out" lol.... Sorry I don't follow every single thread I respond to.

Yes I was wrong about 15000 undrafted rookies seeded in prestige, there was only 9000. My bad.

Prestige was the first product out, I hated it. Yup thats my opionion and won't touch it. When did I ever say Rising Rookies was sooooo great? I do think they have also taken others ideas, all companys do. I made this thread to get others opinions on it because it was ust released and I have not seen a ton of it yet. With everyones responses here plus looking at the inserts and checklist again, I will probably only bust a couple boxes to look at it first hand.

I'm by far NOT a Panini hater or I wouldn't have a stack of all 4 years of National Treasures to the ceiling with NO Exquisite OR Five Star. I buy alot of Five Star singles, I think the design is really good but a bit overpriced.

Sure, they all steal others ideas, maybe I worded that wrong but thats what I THOUGHT when I looked at Elite.

I'm commenting on products being released in 2011 in my posts, 2010 is gone now. I'm talking Prestige vs. Rising Rookies. Prestige did have a very ugly base and the product was clearly rushed. Quality control was HORRIBLE. There was a 49ers helmet on Martez Wilsons on-card autos and they forgot to # most of the jersey/patch cards due to rushing the product.

Sorry but that turned me completely off from Prestige and I will speak my mind about it, it's uncalled for. I'll put any amount of money on Rising Rookies having MUCH better quality control on both of those HUGE issues.

I didn't know I had to post my thoughts on EVERY company, EVERY single thread, You want me to explain that every time I post about any one of them? No thanks. But I'll do it this one time only, since you "Called me out" lol

1. Topps- They steal ideas from other companys, sure....every company will take an idea that is popular with customers. With topps, I feel like I only need to focus on one of there products every year because most of it looks the same overall. I don't hate them, but I wish they put much more diversity in every product. There quality control has been much better then Panini's in terms of boxes with missing hits and much less redemption's although sometimes that may not be a good thing because they may take some players out of there checklist if they can't get them signed in time.

2. Panini- Love the diversity in in almost all of there releases. They could have mashed up all there products but they kept the different styles in "Playoff" and "Donruss" products along with doing a great job keeping Diversity in all of there own products. I applaud them for that. History wise, they are still somewhat "new" in the game and I hope they make a better stride to raise the bar and keep diversity. One thing I do not like about panini is they changed the game into EVERY box has "4 Hits". I also do not like the way they rush products like Prestige to be the "First NFL Product!!!" Who cares? they are competing with ONE company.

3. Upper Deck- There dumbasses lost there NFL licenses and I'm not a huge college fan. Sure, I do enjoy college football and WOULD buy there products but the fact that they still use Game worn AND Event-wprn NFL jerseys on a COLLEGE card turns me off from any of it, for now. I used to love Upper Deck and Topps as a kid. hopefully one day they do get back in the NFL game.

4. Press Pass- Will always hold there place, 2008 PP Legends made me think they might start putting out some really solid checklists and maybe compete with the big boys but went slightly downhill from there IMO.

5. Leaf- Leaf Metal Draft was amazing with no licenses. They fill the gaps other companys don't touch like "Leaf Pop Century" or whatever. Hopefully one day they make a push for an Major Sports license just due to the fact we need more competition but I doubt it.

Thats my opinion on every company, sorry I don't have the time to search the internet for 20minutes EVERY POST to make sure every single thing I write is %100 FACT. You seem to have that time on your hands so please keep correcting me. I'll keep posting my OPINIONS on products whenever I want.

Anyways..... #@#@#@#@ all this 2nd year "Event-Used" #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@. If ANY companys gonna release a "Rookie Review" Type insert, I want the jerseys from there ROOKIE year.

Why can't the high end products have these anymore? GAME-USED Rookies!!!!