Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Sneaky Panini leaks Gold Standard Football reveal

Sneaky Panini leaks Gold Standard Football reveal

July 7, 2011 at 11:17 AM

By Andrew Tolentino | Football Editor

In what appeared to be a regular routing table reveal for the Texas-based hobby powerhouse, Panini America quietly brandished a new brand for the 2011 football card calendar.

The manufacturer has extended its Midas touch to the gridiron with 2011 Gold Standard Football.

According to the limited look, Panini’s new product will “ride the wave of momentum that begins in basketball in the coming weeks.” While the debut for cardboard kin 2011 Gold standard Basketball has been delayed since it was first announced, the coming NBA arrival should shed light on the new aesthetic.

If the line is anything like its basketball brethren, the brand new brand will deliver dynamite — and probably some precious metal— in a small package. Featuring what seems to be a popular trend for Panini, Gold Standard Basketball promises one-per-case finds embedded with 14-karat gold and a concentrated five-hit, 12-card box break.

Collectors will have to wait and see how this formula pans out for football.

At this point, Gold Standard Football does not have an official (or unofficial) shelving date and is not available for pre-sale. Stay tuned to Beckett.com for more details and electronic look-sees.

Sneaky Panini leaks Gold Standard Football reveal |
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Dear Panini,

Stop making old crap and just add on to current product releases.

Signed,

Everyone
tehchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehchamp View Post
Dear Panini,

Signed,

Everyone
Hahaha, big win. Im sure gold standard will be just as "Dynamite" as Timeless treasures and that huge steaming batch of visual diarrhea.

My Teddy Bridgewater Collection: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Gellman/a/teddy-bridgewater
deltapi1049 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehchamp View Post
Dear Panini,

Signed,

Everyone
dear panini
why dont you wait to see how the secondary market responds to your basketball product first.

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to herdyrules Send a message via Yahoo to herdyrules

Pay up crooks
herdyrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapi1049 View Post
Hahaha, big win. Im sure gold standard will be just as "Dynamite" as Timeless treasures and that huge steaming batch of visual diarrhea.
This post paid for by...
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
This post paid for by...
the letter $h!t

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowoutcards View Post
Sneaky Panini leaks Gold Standard Football reveal

July 7, 2011 at 11:17 AM

By Andrew Tolentino | Football Editor

In what appeared to be a regular routing table reveal for the Texas-based hobby powerhouse, Panini America quietly brandished a new brand for the 2011 football card calendar.

The manufacturer has extended its Midas touch to the gridiron with 2011 Gold Standard Football.

According to the limited look, Panini’s new product will “ride the wave of momentum that begins in basketball in the coming weeks.” While the debut for cardboard kin 2011 Gold standard Basketball has been delayed since it was first announced, the coming NBA arrival should shed light on the new aesthetic.

If the line is anything like its basketball brethren, the brand new brand will deliver dynamite — and probably some precious metal— in a small package. Featuring what seems to be a popular trend for Panini, Gold Standard Basketball promises one-per-case finds embedded with 14-karat gold and a concentrated five-hit, 12-card box break.

Collectors will have to wait and see how this formula pans out for football.
At this point, Gold Standard Football does not have an official (or unofficial) shelving date and is not available for pre-sale. Stay tuned to Beckett.com for more details and electronic look-sees.

Sneaky Panini leaks Gold Standard Football reveal |
We havent even seen basketball yet and we'll have to wait to see how football pans out?? They are acting like Gold Standard has been a success for years and collectors have been anxiously waiting for it to make its way to football. I don't get this company at all. I hope it's a nice product but the hype seems premature.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

It's ridiculous how many times they've pushed back the basketball version, and they expect collectors to be excited about this one? How does a "wave of momentum" occur before the cards have been released?
GoClips! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
We havent even seen basketball yet and we'll have to wait to see how football pans out?? They are acting like Gold Standard has been a success for years and collectors have been anxiously waiting for it to make its way to football. I don't get this company at all. I hope it's a nice product but the hype seems premature.
Isn't all hype premature? They're just doing some marketing for their product, it would make no sense for them to say "we hope this will be a success but we really have no idea" it's better to pretend like people have been asking for it. Sure it sounds silly but that's business! It's already workign if people are talking about it, weather or not the product will deliver is a COMPLETELY different sotry! Panini is my favorite company by far but the only products I ever buy from them is Gridiron Gear and Certified.
hreed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

How many redemptions per box will this have?
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c273/Gadsden86/
Welker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hreed2 View Post
Panini is my favorite company by far but the only products I ever buy from them is Gridiron Gear and Certified.
This somehow doesn't make sense.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #13 (permalink)

They should just start marketing IRL...

" New! More rookie loaded, signed sticker, recycled design, cookie-cutter box pack-out pure trash that will rape your wallet and leave you screaming for the return of a company who can actually design an NFL product!"

Thanks for continuing the make it incredibly easy to not spend a single cent on any of your products in 2011!
nabzy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:14 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
This post paid for by...
Cardspin the industry's greatest blog since...oh wait.

My Teddy Bridgewater Collection: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Gellman/a/teddy-bridgewater
deltapi1049 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:08 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
dear panini
why dont you wait to see how the secondary market responds to your basketball product first.
You act like they even care how the market responds. They are again creating another horrid looking product that is overpriced and will sell like crap. Now with their new distribution program it will be even harder to sell this crud before it drops in price. Panini continues to let the collectors down. BUT... people will still buy this.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:14 AM   #16 (permalink)

Ugly products

everytime i get a redemption it doesnt say "Dear Valued Collector"
It says
"Dear Stupid Collector"

Gold Crap
Prestigious Crap
Rookies and Semistars
Timeless Trash
Absolute Garbage

there market that Hackler...

When I saw Timeless Treasures for Football, I cringed as this years for bball was GARBAGE.

I guess they are getting lazier so might as well combine.....look where Crown Royale went...it was just too hard for the basketball guys....all that cutting when they can spend valuable time creating labels for redemptions.
lingling1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:54 AM   #17 (permalink)

OMG. Stop complaining about every single product that comes out. I mean, I cringe every time I see a new product come out and see "Another crappy product" "They keep producing this garbage" etc. Let me get this straight, you want 3 color patches signed on-card out of every pack with nothing but big name rookies and vets. You tell me how THEY could possible know every rookie that is going to be a stud before they have even stepped onto the field. I agree that most of the products now are overpriced; but one of the main reasons for this is because of the crazy HITS we expect out of every product. If you don't like the product then don't buy it. Maybe go a step further and write THEM to voice your displeasure with the products they produce. I don't like 2011 Prestige football, so guess what: I don't buy it. How jadded are we as collectors today? "It's just a game used of Ray Lewis it only sells for $3!" LOL. Only one thing will really change the way things are done STOP BUYING THE PRODUCTS.
P.S. I think this new product looks great and can't wait for it to come out.
studioU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
You act like they even care how the market responds. They are again creating another horrid looking product that is overpriced and will sell like crap. Now with their new distribution program it will be even harder to sell this crud before it drops in price. Panini continues to let the collectors down. BUT... people will still buy this.
No they let flippers down (sniff sniff /sarcam), people who collect will be happy they can get some nice PC
Old 07-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioU View Post
OMG. Stop complaining about every single product that comes out. I mean, I cringe every time I see a new product come out and see "Another crappy product" "They keep producing this garbage" etc. Let me get this straight, you want 3 color patches signed on-card out of every pack with nothing but big name rookies and vets. You tell me how THEY could possible know every rookie that is going to be a stud before they have even stepped onto the field. I agree that most of the products now are overpriced; but one of the main reasons for this is because of the crazy HITS we expect out of every product. If you don't like the product then don't buy it. Maybe go a step further and write THEM to voice your displeasure with the products they produce. I don't like 2011 Prestige football, so guess what: I don't buy it. How jadded are we as collectors today? "It's just a game used of Ray Lewis it only sells for $3!" LOL. Only one thing will really change the way things are done STOP BUYING THE PRODUCTS.
P.S. I think this new product looks great and can't wait for it to come out.
By crazy HITS do you mean white jersey pieces? Because that seems to be the majority of hits in Panini products.

Giants, World Champs!
cj52racers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:50 PM   #20 (permalink)

Has Beckett always been a schill for Panini crap, or did it just happen after Hackler left?
Old 07-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hreed2 View Post
Panini is my favorite company by far but the only products I ever buy from them is Gridiron Gear and Certified.

Quote:
It made sense to me. I only bust Certified every year. You dont have to buy into every product a company puts out just because you like that company.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:11 PM   #22 (permalink)

how about panini gives up their total controll of NFL cards and let upper deck come back with the real stuf like exquisite and premier
Old 07-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
What doesn't make sense? I prefer Panini's cards to Upper Deck, Topps, Press Pass, Sage or anybody else but I don't bust many boxes because it's almost a guaranteed way to lose a big chunk of money. The only boxes I ever get good value out of are Gridiron Gear and Certified. I thought it was pretty straight forward...
hreed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesfan777 View Post
how about panini gives up their total controll of NFL cards and let upper deck come back with the real stuf like exquisite and premier
2010 Exquisite was a real product? Sorry but that stuff was not much better then NT and worst then 5 star with a bigger price tag. I don't really like Cam Newton and Sam Bradford rookies in the same years product.

It was there own mistake for losing there license, now they can't even get retired players in there football products....

Don't get me wrong, The whole football market needs some help but the whole secondary market, design department and quality control has taken a huge step backwards in recent years for all 3 manufactures.

Gold Standard is just gonna be another step backwards. We need less products per year, not more.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #25 (permalink)

yea let's see how the bball versoin pans out first...

the recently released 'totally certified' totally sucked, soo uhh i dont have high hopes for gold standard siigh