Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Timeless Treasures: Must-See Memorabilia Arrives at Panini America Headquarters

Timeless Treasures: Must-See Memorabilia Arrives at Panini America Headquarters

July 10, 2011 at 1:53 PM

A few weeks ago we broke the news that Timeless Treasures would be introduced as an NFL brand for the first time ever in 2011. One of the highlights of that announcement was the fact that the product will feature several game-worn memorabilia insert sets that tie specific jerseys to the actual games they were worn.

On Friday, the first batch of jerseys slotted specifically for those Timeless Treasures inserts arrived at Panini America HQ, creating one of the most splendidly soiled mail days in recent memory. Check out the video above and the gallery below to see exactly what we mean.

Timeless Treasures: Must-See Memorabilia Arrives at Panini America Headquarters The Official Panini America Blog
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

man, as long as the cards looks good, im pretty stoked to see what kind of patches they are gonna have on these.... definitely wanna get my hands on a "C" patch

Collecting any and every Dallas Cowboys!
JazzyJarv25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

I will be getting some of this!
dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to BUCSFAN99

Dirty Sanchez! Nice commentary Hackler.

Soonner fan until death. BOOMER SOONER!!!
BUCSFAN99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

About time they do this. I like the idea of using the picture of the actual game.
Oilngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

While it is cool to see those jerseys, the thought of the patch fakers licking their lips comes to mind right away. if a card company REALLY wants to make the true collectors happy, make a site with photo ID of each "prime" patch card. Yes it will be time consuming and maybe cost them a few bucks but it would solve so many of the problems in the card industry. Hire an intern and give them a digital camera. Lock them in a room and get 'er done.

Even if they did a test run for just one individual sub set I think the response would encourage them to do it full time.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Whens the expected release date?
jeffreysc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens_Cards View Post
While it is cool to see those jerseys, the thought of the patch fakers licking their lips comes to mind right away. if a card company REALLY wants to make the true collectors happy, make a site with photo ID of each "prime" patch card. Yes it will be time consuming and maybe cost them a few bucks but it would solve so many of the problems in the card industry. Hire an intern and give them a digital camera. Lock them in a room and get 'er done.

Even if they did a test run for just one individual sub set I think the response would encourage them to do it full time.
I agree, Although I don't think patch fakers will be licking there lips with this. Members here are able to spot fakes really well from legit NFL jerseys to the china knockoffs fakers use.

I really hope they do move to having a database and have no doubt they will if the fakes get more out of hand. This is a good step in the right direction though, Photo matched jerseys will atleast narrow it down to a home/away jersey and teams that have newer jersey styles will stand out. I'd imagine they might even have some throwback jerseys like the Rams wore a few times last year that will be photo matched as well.

This will bring some life back into the GU market and give them a more personalized feel which is a great start IMO.

BTW Blowout posted this same exact thread yesterday and nobody even responded to it besides me

Looking to Buy- Redskins-Raiders-Bills-Lakers-PelicansRookie Autos
FreeFlow is offline   Reply With Quote