Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Triple Threads VS Sterling

What does everyone think about Triple Threads? I was happy with baseball, but I did two cases...box wise it can be horrible. I'm considering football...it had been delayed significantly, and since there's a question of if Sterling will even be made for 08, I'm thinking Triple Threads maybe better than anticipated.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to envoy98

Where did you hear/see they may not do sterling FB this year? I am very excited to give that product a try. I would be disappointed if they killed it.
envoy98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Several distributors have been told it has been canceled. I take it either nothing is official or it just has not been made public.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Its pretty much been canceled (Sterling). Best case scenerio it makes a come back in 09, but for the price there is no way I'd touch it..unless its with your money. Priced way to high for the content.

TT could be very interesting, and I think as you said by the case shouldnt be all that bad. I did a group break of this last year and would love to do one again, but the timing is bad for me as I'll be out of town that next week and GB's on new prodcut need to be done asap so guys can try and flip it for high resale. Looks to be pretty much the same format as last year. Rookies should sell very well, and the books may do pretty well also.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Its pretty much been canceled (Sterling). Best case scenerio it makes a come back in 09, but for the price there is no way I'd touch it..unless its with your money. Priced way to high for the content.

TT could be very interesting, and I think as you said by the case shouldnt be all that bad. I did a group break of this last year and would love to do one again, but the timing is bad for me as I'll be out of town that next week and GB's on new prodcut need to be done asap so guys can try and flip it for high resale. Looks to be pretty much the same format as last year. Rookies should sell very well, and the books may do pretty well also.
Yeah, clearly the rookies should help compared to those in baseball. I was thinking perphaps Topps took time to beef it up since it'd be the highest end football product without Sterling, maybe have a few more cuts and such.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Theres a Lombardi, Lambert, Payton triple auto (along with a relic version) that may be one of the best pulls in it.....Still not sure I really want a Packer, Cowboy, and a Bear all on one card....these guys very much deserve their own cards.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Theres a Lombardi, Lambert, Payton triple auto (along with a relic version) that may be one of the best pulls in it.....Still not sure I really want a Packer, Cowboy, and a Bear all on one card....these guys very much deserve their own cards.
Well, I'm wondering if it'll be like baseball where there was a ton of tbd stuff.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

I heard the Sterling has been pushed to next year. McFadden and Ryan wont be any hotter now than then anyway, so rumor has it first big release after the Draft. Should do well against Classics/Elite/Etc that usually come out around that same time
Old 01-18-2009, 01:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

Triple Threads really shines on the strength of its HOF content as opposed to its RC content (conversely, Playoff Contenders/Bowman Chrome are rookie heavy products). The problem with FB is that its high end isnt as good as baseballs high end. Thorpe and Payton are great and all but theres a big drop off after that. Compared to baseball which has, Ruth, Mantle, Gehrig, Cobb, on and on... If you're paying the same amount for the baseball version as the you are for the football version of a HOF heavy product, youre getting screwed.
anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:57 AM   #10 (permalink)

yea pushed back to may....and hopefully pushed back 100.00
aronp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:00 AM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to envoy98

I wasn't hoping for a rip and flip on the sterling. I just really liked the looks of the cards. Figured I'd bust a couple boxes and buy what I liked off the bay. Agreed, baseball is a better "deal" for the amount of potential big hits. Triple Threads has just never done it for me. For $2k/case to get half autos and half gu just never got me excited.
envoy98 is offline   Reply With Quote