Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Yankeesfan777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,012
Default 2009 Topps rookie premier autograph fakes?

I have been looking on ebay for some of these and I have been finding some that say topps certified autograph issue above the autoand some that dont. are these cards fake?
__________________
PC LeSean McCoy, George Springer, Miami Heat and New York Yankees
http://s932.photobucket.com/profile/Yankeesfan777
Yankeesfan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,096
Default

Try this: Tips & Tricks: Spotting a fake 2009 Topps Football Rookie Premiere Auto
__________________
:turkey: :turkey: :turkey:
bradical is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Yankeesfan777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,012
Default

cool thanks. so some of them are fakes. I knew something didnt look correct on some of those cards
__________________
PC LeSean McCoy, George Springer, Miami Heat and New York Yankees
http://s932.photobucket.com/profile/Yankeesfan777
Yankeesfan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
freethrowtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Packerland, US
Posts: 17,376
Default

2008 and earlier are HEAVILY faked (even the "certified autograph" cards). I don't believe 2009 is as bad (I don't think the "Certified" marked ones are ever faked in 2009). 2010 and beyond are serial numbered so faking has been pretty much eliminated.

If you want to see some bad fakes, search for Calvin Johnson or AP from 2007... 95% of them are fake. Even some of the so called "grading experts" messed these up and slabbed fakes.
__________________
Jordy Nelson PC: http://tinyurl.com/nelson87
Aaron Rodgers PC: http://tinyurl.com/rodgers12
Jerel Worthy PC: http://tinyurl.com/worthy99

Last edited by freethrowtommy; 09-28-2011 at 03:47 PM.
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Yankeesfan777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
2008 and earlier are HEAVILY faked (even the "certified autograph" cards). I don't believe 2009 is as bad (I don't think the "Certified" marked ones are ever faked in 2009). 2010 and beyond are serial numbered so faking has been pretty much eliminated.

If you want to see some bad fakes, search for Calvin Johnson or AP from 2007... 95% of them are fake. Even some of the so called "grading experts" messed these up and slabbed fakes.
I saw a 2009 mccoy that didnt say cert auto and BGS graded it 9.5/10
__________________
PC LeSean McCoy, George Springer, Miami Heat and New York Yankees
http://s932.photobucket.com/profile/Yankeesfan777
Yankeesfan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
MASNAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 897
Default

Based on the research this one seems legit yet no one will tell me. HEHE
Attached Thumbnails
2009 Topps rookie premier autograph fakes?-2009-topps-premiere-harvin-maclin-red-auto.jpg  
MASNAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Yankeesfan777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASNAR View Post
Based on the research this one seems legit yet no one will tell me. HEHE
ya it is. BTW would you want to trade that thing?
__________________
PC LeSean McCoy, George Springer, Miami Heat and New York Yankees
http://s932.photobucket.com/profile/Yankeesfan777
Yankeesfan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
MASNAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesfan777 View Post
ya it is. BTW would you want to trade that thing?
Not sure if I would want to trade. I'm collecting Vikes so it would be tough to let Percy go.

Feel free to throw a card offer over though... Looking for Vikes/Twins.
MASNAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
nflbackspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 162
Default

2009 is now heavily faked.

I have collected photos of Chris Wells red RPAs since release. I have 15 images of different cards that I believe are real. In the past several months, a fake image has repeatedly appeared on eBay (it's missing the "Topps certified auto" tag above the autograph). It has been put up by a seller who has several IDs linked to fake patches and autographs. In my opinion, he is using the same image and distributing lots of fake cards when people purchase them.

I'll link it shortly, it's always up for sale.

CHRIS BEANIE WELLS RED ROOKIE PREMIERE AUTO AUTOGRAPH 2009 RC SP TOPPS RPA | eBay

Here are some fake blues:
CHRIS BEANIE WELLS ROOKIE PREMIERE AUTO AUTOGRAPH 2009 RC SP TOPPS RPA | eBay

Chris Beanie Wells Auto Rookie 2009 Topps Autograph Premiere 09 SP RC RPA HOT | eBay

Last edited by nflbackspace; 09-28-2011 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Additional info
nflbackspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Yankeesfan777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,012
Default

I think I know who you are talking about. if not I found another one and people always buy from this guy he always has these autos



Quote:
Originally Posted by nflbackspace View Post
2009 is now heavily faked.

I have collected photos of Chris Wells red RPAs since release. I have 15 images of different cards that I believe are real. In the past several months, a fake image has repeatedly appeared on eBay (it's missing the "Topps certified auto" tag above the autograph). It has been put up by a seller who has several IDs linked to fake patches and autographs. In my opinion, he is using the same image and distributing lots of fake cards when people purchase them.

I'll link it shortly, it's always up for sale.

CHRIS BEANIE WELLS RED ROOKIE PREMIERE AUTO AUTOGRAPH 2009 RC SP TOPPS RPA | eBay

Here are some fake blues:
CHRIS BEANIE WELLS ROOKIE PREMIERE AUTO AUTOGRAPH 2009 RC SP TOPPS RPA | eBay

Chris Beanie Wells Auto Rookie 2009 Topps Autograph Premiere 09 SP RC RPA HOT | eBay
__________________
PC LeSean McCoy, George Springer, Miami Heat and New York Yankees
http://s932.photobucket.com/profile/Yankeesfan777
Yankeesfan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 5,552
Default

If it doesn't say "certified autograph issue" it IS NOT a pack certified auto. It may be a real auto (signed in person, or through the mail) but it is highly likely a fake!

I've seen a ton of these "player issue" autos on ebay.
__________________
http://s721.photobucket.com/albums/ww214/divino_085/Cards/

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
nflbackspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 162
Default

As an aside, even though it is commonly believed there are only 10 red RPAs from 2009, I think there are more. The images I have saved are of around 15 different cards that came out during the first 6 months after release, and they look legit. I would have to upload them all to photo bucket to post, but they certainly make an interesting argument for a higher population of that card.

Last edited by nflbackspace; 09-28-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Edit
nflbackspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 5,552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflbackspace View Post
As an aside, even though it is commonly believed there are only 10 red RPAs from 2009, I think there are more. The images I have saved are of around 15 different cards that came out during the first 6 months after release, and they look legit. I would have to upload them all to photo bucket to post, but they certainly make an interesting argument for a higher population of that card.
I would definetaly be interested in seeing them.
__________________
http://s721.photobucket.com/albums/ww214/divino_085/Cards/

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Yankeesfan777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,012
Default

divino that is the guy he has tons of those cards and I dont think I have seen one that says certified auto
__________________
PC LeSean McCoy, George Springer, Miami Heat and New York Yankees
http://s932.photobucket.com/profile/Yankeesfan777
Yankeesfan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
MASNAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflbackspace View Post
As an aside, even though it is commonly believed there are only 10 red RPAs from 2009, I think there are more. The images I have saved are of around 15 different cards that came out during the first 6 months after release, and they look legit. I would have to upload them all to photo bucket to post, but they certainly make an interesting argument for a higher population of that card.
Interesting... I was thinking only 10 reds were supposed to be made as well. Maybe someone faked the certified issue card itself? Wouldn't be that hard with photoshop?
MASNAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
nflbackspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 162
Default

I'll post them in a bit. You guys can decide.
nflbackspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
trixstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,745
Default

Well this covers 2009

Tips & Tricks: Spotting a fake 2009 Topps Football Rookie Premiere Auto | Dailywax
__________________
Follow me on twitter @bigtrix36
I PC Da Bears, Seahawks, Mariners, Pirates
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/trixstar
trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
smackvay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: west virginia
Posts: 5,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASNAR View Post
Based on the research this one seems legit yet no one will tell me. HEHE
no one will grade the "certified" ones unless you jsa it for 30 bucks a pop
i just had the red the blue and quad auto all certified sent back sayin they dont grade "those cards" it has topps certified across it right above the auto
Attached Thumbnails
2009 Topps rookie premier autograph fakes?-ccf11012012_00000.jpg  
__________________
SUPERCOLLECTOR LOOKING FOR PAT WHITE CARDS
NEED SILVER? HAVE SILVER? PM ME EITHER WAYAS IVE GOT PLENTY OF PAYPAL TO PURCHASE YOUR SILVER
smackvay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
EricMetcalf21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,461
Default

that ebay guy bigboyd man he have like 30 of each player on his completed list, what a bum that guy is.
EricMetcalf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
smackvay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: west virginia
Posts: 5,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMetcalf21 View Post
that ebay guy bigboyd man he have like 30 of each player on his completed list, what a bum that guy is.
this is an informative thread lets not go their please
__________________
SUPERCOLLECTOR LOOKING FOR PAT WHITE CARDS
NEED SILVER? HAVE SILVER? PM ME EITHER WAYAS IVE GOT PLENTY OF PAYPAL TO PURCHASE YOUR SILVER
smackvay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.