Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I'm Livid...Topps Reply To the Andy Dalton Error Auto!!!!

Most of you may know I pulled a Andy Dalton Auto out of Topps Legends, But the auto was not Andy Dalton.

So I contacted Topps. They pretty much said, So we made a mistake and Thanks for bringing it to our attention, but we are going to do nothing to fix it for you have a nice day.

Im so done with QC and Customer Service from these trading card Companies.

I wrote one last reply Email, which will probably not even get a response.

It is as follows:

Dear Topps,

I must say this is one of the most disheartening emails i have gotten when dealing with trading card companies.
For almost 20 years i have been spending my hard earned money on your products, Just to be treated like trash when I had a problem.
At my job I am held accountable for my mistakes and i must take actions to fix those mistake or else I would be "FIRED".
I must say your company has really dropped the ball on this, the way I read your follow up email was: HAHAHA sorry we made a mistake, but you are not important enough for us to fix it for you.
I call #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@, It's not you can't fix the problem is just that you don't want too. And that is just asinine.

For years i have heard complaints about Topps QC(that stands for quality control, which your employees know nothing about) and Customer service(Hahahaha what customer service you guys could give 2 shits about your customers).
Until now i have defended your company tooth and nail.....Well that ends today!! I feel Topps has one of the worst Quality Control and Customer Service I have ever dealt with......You guys Suck.
It's not like im looking for a free hand out or a refund, I just want the mistake that you guys have made to be fixed.

Im going to stop there cause I know that this is going to be falling on Deaf ears.
I just hope you guys can sleep at knowing that you have lost a loyal Customer of almost 20 years and have tainted a hobby that I once loved.

#@#@#@#@ You!!!! Topps
Never Buying a Single topps product again!!!
Apakalypto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Well, im glad you got everything off your chest...unfortunately this email might back fire. i wouldnt be surprised to get some sort of response from Topps legal department about abuse or something like that. Its good that you spoke your mind, they should hear that stuff...unfortunately the swears might hurt you in the end
mmondayjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

thats bs man, dont give up . im sure sooner or later they will fix it how hard is it to switch stickers?
HaystaK760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I got the same response but different scenerio from Upper Deck awhile back. I was told it was their fault, but they were not going to fix it. thats fine. I've got other companies to buy from and for the most part (outside of today and one box), I havent bought any upper deck wax.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Best.Email.Ever.

Good job!
jp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

PM sent.....
Old 11-09-2011, 04:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Question real quick.....Had you pulled a cecil shorts and the auto was Cam Newton and not cecil would you have gone through all this trouble?
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
Question real quick.....Had you pulled a cecil shorts and the auto was Cam Newton and not cecil would you have gone through all this trouble?
Who wants Cam Newtons Auto on a Cecil Shorts card?
Old 11-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
So if this was your card, you would be okay with the Dalton card and no Dalton auto., is that right? C'mon, man!

Are you just out to bust chops today or what? First the "Can you read?" comment & now this?
Old 11-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

Very weird companies out there nowadays. Topps and UD put out great products, but have absolutely horrible customer service. Yet panini puts out total crap in their boxes, but has great CS!

Sorry to hear about them screwing you. I don't see why nobody takes these companies to court? It seems like you could clearly win.

Just my two cents
Old 11-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

I am sure you had a lot of pent up anger, but I think this is kind of lame. Even if it's true, I'm sure they get the "I spend $2.6 mil on your products every year and wear a TOPPS RULEZ tshirt every day of the year but now I'm never buying from you again" response pretty often. You can just let them know you're done with them and then let your dollars speak for you. They know their sales figures, until that changes there's no need for them to do anything different.
ReinholdMessner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephinfan View Post
So if this was your card, you would be okay with the Dalton card and no Dalton auto., is that right? C'mon, man!

Are you just out to bust chops today or what? First the "Can you read?" comment & now this?
want to know the honest truth......I wouldnt care at all, swear to you..If you knew me, my personality is very laid back and I would def. enjoy a laugh with people about it..Plus it would be kindve cool to own an error card instead of the mass produced Dalton autos that can be had for 30-50 dollars
Old 11-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

Hey Topps...

MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
99% of your posts make me lulz and/or shake my head...
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
want to know the honest truth......I wouldnt care at all, swear to you..If you knew me, my personality is very laid back and I would def. enjoy a laugh with people about it..Plus it would be kindve cool to own an error card instead of the mass produced Dalton autos that can be had for 30-50 dollars
Yeah, I believe this...
Old 11-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Probably not, But im not a big Cam Newton or Cecil Shorts fan..

Im a Bengals Fan (for over 25 years) and a Huge Andy Dalton fan...

Im not looking to get this fixed to make a profit by any means.
I want and will keep this card in my pc, but i would like to 10years from now look at it and see Andy Daltons Autograph, Not Anthony Castanzo...

If i did collect Cam or Cecil ,then #@#@#@#@ yeah i would try to get it fixed.
It's not too much trouble to send an email.

Also I have already received posts and pms from people interested in buying it.
My response NFS/NFT, Not everyone sheds light on mistakes in the interest of making a quick buck.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
99% of your posts make me lulz and/or shake my head...
Thats because 99% of my posts consist of me calling someone out or just shedding light on situations that really arent that serious...

There are people with no arms, and this guy is going off the deep end because his Dalton card didnt have a Dalton auto on it...

I know all you guys have posted on this forum for a while and have your bonds and thats cool, good for you....I have nothing against anyone and I dont mind any criticism I might receive because in reality this is a message board, and cards are really not this serious

People bitch everyday about companies but keep spending their money, so why the hell should I sympathize when people keep putting their hand in the fire
Old 11-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakalypto View Post
Probably not, But im not a big Cam Newton or Cecil Shorts fan..

Im a Bengals Fan (for over 25 years) and a Huge Andy Dalton fan...

Im not looking to get this fixed to make a profit by any means.
I want and will keep this card in my pc, but i would like to 10years from now look at it and see Andy Daltons Autograph, Not Anthony Castanzo...

If i did collect Cam or Cecil ,then #@#@#@#@ yeah i would try to get it fixed.
It's not too much trouble to send an email.

Also I have already received posts and pms from people interested in buying it.
My response NFS/NFT, Not everyone sheds light on mistakes in the interest of making a quick buck.

You have an Andy Dalton card that NO ONE ELSE in the world has! Dont you understand that what you pulled is pretty cool considering you can buy his legends auto fairly reasonably...Now if this was exquisite, contenders, SPA than yea I want it fixed, but its not and I think the card would be cool to own....Im going to the chicago show in two weeks if I see a Dalton auto ill pick it up and trade it to you

Last edited by Cubs_rock21; 11-09-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
You have an Andy Dalton card that NO ONE ELSE in the world has! DOnt you understand that what you pulled is pretty cool considering you can buy his legends auto fairly reasonably...Not if this was exquisite, contenders, SPA than yea I want it fixed, but its not and I think the card would be cool to own....Im going to the chicago show in two weeks if I see a Dalton auto ill pick it up and trade it to you

50 other people in the world own this card, From what i can tell it is throughout the whole print run and all the Anthony Castanzo cards have the Dalton Autos.

You don't have to Look for a Dalton auto for me, Im not looking for any hand out or pitty trades. I just want the cards i purchase to be correct.

Since you want to bring up really Bad comparisons(people with no arms really??). I got one for you...

Let's say you buy a car. About an hour later the car stops running. You take it back to the dealership and they tell you "Hahaha we put the wrong transmission in you car, but we are not going to fix it for you. Would you be mad.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
You have an Andy Dalton card that NO ONE ELSE in the world has! Dont you understand that what you pulled is pretty cool considering you can buy his legends auto fairly reasonably...Now if this was exquisite, contenders, SPA than yea I want it fixed, but its not and I think the card would be cool to own....Im going to the chicago show in two weeks if I see a Dalton auto ill pick it up and trade it to you
Old 11-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Wait a second.....Eisner? Is that you?
Old 11-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #22 (permalink)

Stick to singles, less complicated and you get what you want!!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allday_vikes View Post
Stick to singles, less complicated and you get what you want!!
I have been more and more here recently, But i just love busting Wax!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:12 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakalypto View Post
50 other people in the world own this card, From what i can tell it is throughout the whole print run and all the Anthony Castanzo cards have the Dalton Autos.

You don't have to Look for a Dalton auto for me, Im not looking for any hand out or pitty trades. I just want the cards i purchase to be correct.

Since you want to bring up really Bad comparisons(people with no arms really??). I got one for you...

Let's say you buy a car. About an hour later the car stops running. You take it back to the dealership and they tell you "Hahaha we put the wrong transmission in you car, but we are not going to fix it for you. Would you be mad.
Of course but were talking thousands of dollars to your 50.00

The people with no arms was from either a CK louis standup or a Daniel Tosh standup...
Old 11-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #25 (permalink)

you have the first response they sent you?
dhcollecting is offline   Reply With Quote