Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: Is Andrew Luck in the NFL going to be that good???
Hell Yeah! Where have you been!?! 19 54.29%
Maybe...He did play in Stanford... 7 20.00%
No...His Luck is going to run out... 3 8.57%
Can you say Ryan Leaf 2? 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question Andrew Luck in Indy...Bust! or Boom!

All over sportstalk radio I keep hearing about how well Andrew Luck is going to do next year in the NFL and how Indy would be stupid to pass him up with the injury problems that Peyton Manning is having.

Maybe I am not paying enough attention to Mr. Luck, but is he really that good? I mean could this guy come into the NFL next year and just boom boom kaboom...blow things up?

It just seems like he is getting ALOT of attention but is it just because the 2012 QB class isn't that deep? Or is he THAT much better than the rest of them?

Any thoughts from those of you who watch alot more College football than I do?

Old 12-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

I believe he's gonna be a great QB in the NFL, but I dont think he's gonna blow things up in his rookie year. The ideal situation for him would be to backup Peyton for a couple years and learn from him. Sort of like Aaron Rodgers where he got to backup and learn before he played (even though Favre wasn't really teaching him lol)

LakeShow
cadillac540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

in my opinion he will be a "GOOD" QB...... not sure about elite level, it would really just depend on the team around him if he could reach that level. they lost a game and started to cool off on his hype a bit and started talking about other people winning the heisman, but it's pretty set in stone he's going to be a solid QB
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins
Qwasian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillac540 View Post
I believe he's gonna be a great QB in the NFL, but I dont think he's gonna blow things up in his rookie year. The ideal situation for him would be to backup Peyton for a couple years and learn from him. Sort of like Aaron Rodgers where he got to backup and learn before he played (even though Favre wasn't really teaching him lol)
As much as Rodgers has said Favre didnt teach him ANYTHING, He obviously did learn from him and the coaches while playing backup.

The difference with Luck is that Stanford runs an NFL type offense. He has proven through 3 years that he's a consistent pocket passer and good decision maker. Most analysts are saying he will make an easy transition to the NFL so I gotta believe what they say.

I would trade down if I we're the colts, get GREAT picks form a team that wants luck BAD and move down to get a QB that can be developed for 2 years.

Looking to Buy- Redskins-Raiders-Bills-Lakers-PelicansRookie Autos
FreeFlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

he will be awesome....when he gets off the pine because of peyton manning, I still can't believe the #1 pick is going to ride the pine for 3+ years......I personally say that indy should trade the pick.....for maybe a mid first round this year and maybe a 1st round next year?..........or maybe a stud offensive lineman and a 2nd rd pick, so they can keep peyton healthy????
bradsholly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

BUST!!!!!!! Heard it here first. This guy can throw in a 3 tight end formation, and recently with a TE out he hasnt been nearly as good. In the NFL the linebackers can handle tight ends and I think things will be alot harder on him. I just dont see #1 talent here.