Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 09:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default I have a Question

So, I am sitting on many slaton autos. 5 are true rookie cards with the rest being insert autos. Would I bee better off at selling the insert autos and getting the exquiste and contenders autos or keeping them all and buying those two? I do NOT plan on selling the true rc autos because he isn't the next AP, lacks body strength to be the endzone back, but he will tally some great years. I heard they are going to draft a bigger back in the middle to late rounds or sign one Coming from NFL.com any help would be appreciated thanks

Brett
Old 04-13-2009, 10:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Wrong time of the year to sell IMHO, I'd wait until things pick up next year, but would be a decent time (or early summer) to pick up a Slaton for the PC as prices should continue to go down. As far as selling the insert autos, I think you have the right idea. While they're value may stay, I personally think inserts in general loose interest once the next year comes out and people start chasing those.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thats what I was thinking. I was gonna sell them once the season starts. Before that though, I will get the exquisete, and the contenders and I need a chrome auto as well. Then I am set and hope he continues doing his work. thanks fish
Old 04-13-2009, 10:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

The thing is, if you are selling WITH THE NOTION of turning around and using that money to pick up some of his higher end cards (as you mentioned) then this is just as good a time as any. Whatever money he gains or loses on his sales, should reflect the same on any purchases of SPA, EXQ whatever. If a Topps Chrome Auto is down 35% from when it was NEW, I'm sure an EXQ is down similarly from when it first came out? Does this make sense to anyone but me?
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

SO RJF, your saying list the insert autos now? Yes, you are correct. I am looking to get the higher end true rc autos. So, I have a good idea, any members with a slaton exquiste patch auto /199 or a contenders auto or a chrome auto, please go to the B/S/T area as I will work with people here on what is for trade. Thanks
Old 04-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

What is considered a "true" rc/auto? I have the LCM Auto of Eddie royal and kevin smith freshman fabrics. Are they true rookie cards?

Vince
Old 04-13-2009, 02:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

A true rookie card (auto) for example would be his base card. In your example, I would think the Kevin Smith is a base rookie card, and the LCM Auto might be a base, but probably an insert. Another example would be say Topps Chrome, a base rookie auto is just that his base rookie auto, any of the refractors (any color) would be considered an insert.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Fish,
I understand what you are saying. For example, the LCM base RC of Kevin Smith is a Freshman Fabrics. So that is considered a "true RC". And the Kevin Smith Auto RC is also freshman fabric RED mirror that has the ball and jersey and that is considered his "true auto rc". Am I correct or now Fish?