Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Collecting options: What to buy with $

Personally, I like collecting Hall of Fame vintage stuff, but there is so much excellent product out there it is hard to choose what product to covet. Having some pro bowl rookies out there doesn't hurt the 2011 crop of items either. If you had a little over $300 what direction would you go for? I love topps supreme, I think that is an outstanding product, but if you bought a box, what are your chances of getting that Cam Newton Auto, probably not very high. I also like 2011 topps chrome, but how equitable are the items you might get out of a rack pack box, I'd love to get a gold chrome Cam Newton, but there aren't a lot of those so I'm not really sure. What do you think would be the best way to shop this particular amount to get some quality and value?
paydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

You'd be better off buying singles IMO - playing the luck game with packs/boxes is usually a losing battle. Take that $300 and pick up 2-3 cards that you like - or if it's Cam only, one card.
Mattspalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattspalace View Post
You'd be better off buying singles IMO - playing the luck game with packs/boxes is usually a losing battle. Take that $300 and pick up 2-3 cards that you like - or if it's Cam only, one card.
What he said
"I'm going to laugh when the Vikings beat the Lions next week after all the crap you've talked. I hope you like eating crow." - CC_123
jiggidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default The sure thing

getting some cards of high value is fun, but spending tripple digits on a card or two always leaves something to be desired. It would be nice to get the sure thing, possibly Cam Newton, maybe Montana auto, Rice or maybe a few others, but it is also nice to know that it is possible to get value for the $. I like knowing that the stuff I buy might have a couple Cam Newtons in it, but if you miss it's kind of like you are out $200 and you probably could have gotten 4 Cam Newtons. I am not really sure, it would be nice to see something 1/1 from the Hall of Fame but it is a definite gamble. I like the variety along with the value but I hate the thought of striking out.
paydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Pretty much agree with that above. If you've got a budget and know exactly what you want go shopping for just that. Breaking boxes is fun if you're interested in seeing what's out there and playing the game of turning that into profit.
FakeExpert is offline   Reply With Quote