Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 07:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Possible injunction: Stop Panini from having redemptions

Possible injunction: Stop Panini from having redemptions in their products.

Since Panini love taking their sweet time on filling redemptions. My lawyer and I are studying on how to file an injunction in CA to stop them having redemptions in their products.

I know some of you thought it is okay to sit back and have the card companies ram us up the behind. I am not going to sit quiet and have them ruin my hobby. I am not going to accept their bad business practice.

Some of you are saying they are changing their practice on getting the redemptions out. I have not seen any! It has been wait to long and I think with me ripping close to 90k to 100k worth of products (hockey, football, basketball, baseball, even non sports) last year. I have too much invested in this hobby to walk away.

If you have your 2 cents in this matter, please pm me. I already fork up the money to have lawyer involve with this. This is not some empty promise that I will not follow thou with this. I want them to change their practice, so we can all enjoy this hobby.

If you have your 2 cents in this matter, please pm me. I already fork up the money to have lawyer involve with this. This is not some empty promise that I will not follow thou with this. I want them to change their practice, so we can all enjoy this hobby.
teambutterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

smdh, all i can say
Old 03-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

All that will do is mean 2012 National Treasures is released in December 2013 if they want all of the RPS rookies in, or they really need to plan ahead to have every card made when they first meet the rookies on their new teams.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
All that will do is mean 2012 National Treasures is released in December 2013 if they want all of the RPS rookies in, or they really need to plan ahead to have every card made when they first meet the rookies on their new teams.
Things to do to fix:

Just have a few products each year rather then a few dozen

Promote the product but don't give a release date or checklist till all cards are complete

Limit the product run

Sign blank cards and then print over the card with the design (dont know of this is even possible though.
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Isn't all the cards that are redemptions stated as redemptions in the checklist if so then you would know there are redemptions in that product but still choose to buy it anyways
nacowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacowboys View Post
Isn't all the cards that are redemptions stated as redemptions in the checklist if so then you would know there are redemptions in that product but still choose to buy it anyways
NOPE! Do you want me scan you some of the checklists in the boxes?
Old 03-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Things to do to fix:

Just have a few products each year rather then a few dozen

Promote the product but don't give a release date or checklist till all cards are complete

Limit the product run

Sign blank cards and then print over the card with the design (dont know of this is even possible though.
Hire some semi-intelligent UPS logistics workers to run the redemption shipping

Ship current requests on older products so they aren't constantly backlogged by about 5 months or more on anything older

Plan ahead with late release dates so you can move it up instead of back it up by so much

Don't put expiration dates on redemptions

Copy Press Pass' idea of printing out the card without the autograph with the redemption sticker so people know what they are getting with the redemptions.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Simple solution is to cut players from products if their autos are not signed by a production date. If and when they do sign and return cards/stickers...add them in the next product.

Although its not entirely the card manufactures fault since they are not the ones signing autographs, they are promising stuff they dont have.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Hire some semi-intelligent UPS logistics workers to run the redemption shipping

Ship current requests on older products so they aren't constantly backlogged by about 5 months or more on anything older

Plan ahead with late release dates so you can move it up instead of back it up by so much

Don't put expiration dates on redemptions

Copy Press Pass' idea of printing out the card without the autograph with the redemption sticker so people know what they are getting with the redemptions.
The whole lawsuit is for them to change their practice on the redemptions. It is not about shutting anyone down.

Last edited by teambutterfield; 03-22-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

I agree with the OP. I think the fact that Panini uses redemptions in the excess that they do is criminal. I don't want to pay for IOU's that may or may not yield the card that I'm supposed to receive.
Frankp2311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
I agree with the OP. I think the fact that Panini uses redemptions in the excess that they do is criminal. I don't want to pay for IOU's that may or may not yield the card that I'm supposed to receive.
My sentiments exactly. I don't bust anywhere near the amount of wax that some of the other members do, and I have 12 redemptions in now. It's LITERALLY 1 per box.
geezhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Rather have redemptions then a bunch of scrub autos.
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

it's not illegal to do redemptions, so it's pointless to try and make it a legal matter. the answer to bad business practice is don't buy.... if you've bought 100k in product I think that pretty much speaks for itself.
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins
Qwasian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #14 (permalink)

OP, if you did contact a lawyer I'm very interested in which legal remedies you are pursuing.

That aside, I think the best action one could take against Panini is to stop buying their products. $$$$$$the wallet$$$$$ speaks louder than any lawyer, letter, or informal complaint. The real issue is the tragedy of the commons, i.e. we accept what we're given and we figure that someone else [like the OP] will take care of the problem.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
it's not illegal to do redemptions, so it's pointless to try and make it a legal matter. the answer to bad business practice is don't buy.... if you've bought 100k in product I think that pretty much speaks for itself.
This, save your time and money.
Andrew Luck
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
It is a legal issue when they don't send the card that was redeemed.
studioU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe it's not illegal to do redemptions, but what legal criteria does the practice of repemtions need to meet to be a legal preactice?
Time frames?
Specific replacements if the card is never produced?
Shear number of redemptions?

EVERYTHING business/sales related is legally regulated in some way, so who is regulating Panini?
Old 03-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
mdh

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambutterfield View Post
NOPE! Do you want me scan you some of the checklists in the boxes?
The checklists in the boxes don't state the redemptions, but I think when Panini posts a checklist on it's blog or whatever, the redemptions are RED.

If redemptions were fulfilled, no problem, but when they fail to produce the card owed to you...

Or when autographs of players are coming out in new products, yet past redemptions DON"T GET FULFILLED!!!!!!!! Quit producing and start finishing...
mdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #19 (permalink)

They can do redemptions all they want, they tell you in the fine print that you might pull redemtpions...It wont stop until we all stop buying....

Your lawyer is prob. laughing in his head at the money he'll make off representing a surefire losing case..

The websites fine print "Redemption cards are made available as they are received. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. Panini America, Inc. will send a comparable card in its place if the specified card is not available to ship within 4 months or 8 months depending on what timeframe is selected during the reservation process. If no time period is selected, 8 months will be assumed." What is comparable to panini might not be comparable to you, but they go by Book value, not the inflated market

The only thing you can fight is the amount of time it takes to fill a redemption..Panini covers themselves up to 8 months
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
They can do redemptions all they want, they tell you in the fine print that you might pull redemtpions...It wont stop until we all stop buying....

Your lawyer is prob. laughing in his head at the money he'll make off representing a surefire losing case..

The websites fine print "Redemption cards are made available as they are received. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. Panini America, Inc. will send a comparable card in its place if the specified card is not available to ship within 4 months or 8 months depending on what timeframe is selected during the reservation process. If no time period is selected, 8 months will be assumed." What is comparable to panini might not be comparable to you, but they go by Book value, not the inflated market

The only thing you can fight is the amount of time it takes to fill a redemption..Panini covers themselves up to 8 months
if Panini also said in the fine print you agreed to sacrifice your 1st born would you be required to do so? no.

Boilerplate disclaimers carry little weight in civil court ...
Old 03-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi mo money View Post
if Panini also said in the fine print you agreed to sacrifice your 1st born would you be required to do so? no.

Boilerplate disclaimers carry little weight in civil court ...
Beat me to it. Those disclaimers may have received the stamp of approval from Panini's lawyers at the time, but they haven't withstood the scrutiny of a judge yet.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #22 (permalink)

The answer to the Panini redemption problem is simple: STOP BUYING THEIR PRODUCTS AND/OR THEIR REDEMPTIONS! If you are crazy enough to open their products or buy their redemptions you knew what you had coming. They clearly state time frames and also that they can substitute. Its these actions that I do not agree with that stopped my buying of their products. Now while I certainly make my fair share of anti Panini posts I also realize their is no lawsuit against them. A consumers best bet is to go after them through your states Attorney General. Bottom line is STOP BUYING. I did and I am far better for it.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_want_my_cards View Post
Rather have redemptions then a bunch of scrub autos.
More than half of the redemptions are lower tier players as it is. I think the overall issue isn't redemption but their utter lack of customer service. How many of us have called only to get a voice mail or get a live person who forwards you on to a voice mail and then not get a call back. Why not just disconnect the phone lines all together because the CS folks are only a prop. For god sake they shipped a redemption to my old address that wasn't my address of record when it shipped and I have heard a thing from them after multiple attempts to reach them via phone and through their useless request logging database. I don't mind redemptions at all but it is really rediculos having to wait a year and sometimes 2 years to get a card even when you select replace after 4 months or 8 months and what's even worse is when you see live autos of that same player in newer products.
DRS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:19 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
The answer to the Panini redemption problem is simple: STOP BUYING THEIR PRODUCTS AND/OR THEIR REDEMPTIONS! If you are crazy enough to open their products or buy their redemptions you knew what you had coming. They clearly state time frames and also that they can substitute. Its these actions that I do not agree with that stopped my buying of their products. Now while I certainly make my fair share of anti Panini posts I also realize their is no lawsuit against them. A consumers best bet is to go after them through your states Attorney General. Bottom line is STOP BUYING. I did and I am far better for it.
You are 100% correct! The only way you will get their attention is to hit them in the pocket book.
DRS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:21 PM   #25 (permalink)

you should have been in vegas this week to give them a piece of you mind. I know my lcs owner was. will it accomplish anything? who knows. I think you are wasting your time and your money on your lawyer. injunction is just tempory anyway. gl luck though. I'm just gonna wait it out on my pending redumbtions and stay far away from their stuff.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote