Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2009, 05:06 PM   #51 (permalink)

Before I stopped Collecting ( the 2nd time lol) I was a huge fan of the Topps Finest Product, especially when they started adding the Autos to the cards and used that tiered refractor system. But much like the Game used Jersey, the refractor has lost a ton of luster over the years

The first time i bought Chrome was the 96-97 Basketball and I had all the major RCs from that set including the Kobe and the iverson. My first 2 cases I ever purchased were 99 Topps Chrome Football- The rookies were seeded like 1 in every 2 boxes that year! I pulled an Edgerrin and a Culpepper Refractor RC from the first case ( graded the Edgerrin and it came back a BGS 9.5-Centered to perfection-which was rare in that set), and a Ricky Williams from the 2nd case- I was on top of the world lol!!

That is what I feel Chrome should still be- a high end product yielding plenty significant valued hits. but what it sounds like in this thread is the Topps Chrome brand has significantly depreciated in Value since those days. I checked Ebay a couple times over for the market value on some of last years RCs and they paled in comparison, and now they're even auto'd! what the hell happened? is it because people are just tired of chrome? did the hobby just get so damn saturated with stuff that chrome lost its luster?? i used to drool over this set!!! my fixation was chrome was so bad, i even purchased topps super chrome baseball!!!!

Buying: Anything #ered to 10 or less, all Rookie Jersey/Patch autos
Twizzla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:05 PM   #52 (permalink)

...pretty much the saturation of everything has killed the value of stuff, hence the refractor, heck even numbered cards (1-of-1s)...they mean very little nowadays!
Highcheese4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:47 PM   #53 (permalink)

The best Topps Chrome year I really liked was 2004. I pull out my set once every month just to look at them. And if someone has a box on the bay. I'm bidding on it. The pics that Indy has up gives me that good feeling again. Clean,Crisp looking cards. Not over done. Oh well. Was just going to get a case of 09 UD FB to build my yearly set. Guess I am going to be building 2 sets this year.

And if Indy or someone else is up to it. Maybe a Hand numbing Group break...Hint,Hint
FINS4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:46 AM   #54 (permalink)

this class could surprise us. all i normally get is spx and spa but i really like the look of this years topps. i will get a case
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:01 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
this class could surprise us. all i normally get is spx and spa but i really like the look of this years topps. i will get a case
The only way certain players will go up is if they produce on the field. Until then, 2009 football is very weak to say the least.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote