Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 02:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default What do I buy?

So I just sold my motorcycle payed it off and have $1,700 left over. Fiance agreed to let me spend half on whatever i want. Should I wait for the 09 better products or say screw it and go all 07, 08 boxes. Let me know what you think. Make the decision for me. I cant do it by myself. Thanks in advance for the help.
ibleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

you should go with 09 prestige. some might say no to that but prestige has some good rookies and hits. the also possible short print is good to get too. the price is dropping over 10$ for possible two auto or five hit boxes. that is just what I think.
Seahawks838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

Buy a 1957 topps Paul Hornung RC PSA 8 and still have about $200 left over..

but serously, I would go 07 & 08, stonger rookie class in 08 and AP in 07

Last edited by sd_navarre; 05-30-2009 at 02:56 AM.
sd_navarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

i personally would go for a case of 09 rookies and stars, its about 900 and is always a good break....
1993 pinnacle Joe dimaggio autograph
2010 topps chipper Jones/ mickey mantle dual gu/50(Got)
crr9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

If your looking to rip and flip then IMO I would go with 08 it is still selling strong. If it were me though I would use the $850 and buy cards from here or the bay.

Last edited by steel_razorback; 05-30-2009 at 02:51 AM.
steel_razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

2009 Topps chrome would be your best bet at a rip and flip in the near term. Not sure what your goals are.
anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:53 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to bedler

Sup Bro,
I'd go with 08....The 09 Products out right now are weak IMO and the odds to get a good player aren't that great! Plus the best player isn't going to get you but $100 if that (if you're selling). I'd go with Steel_Razorbacks idea and buy rookie patch auto's off the Bay. Although i've done great in my last 5 cases, that always isn't the case and it's all about luck & odds. If i were you i'd buy off the bay, but if i wanted to buy a case with only $850 i'd get either Topps Finest (i got a Matt Ryan Green Xfractor Auto /20), Score Select (cheap product with 36 Autos per case), or Bowman Chrome (i just pulled a box-topper Matt Ryan Silver Auto /10). If you could save up a few more hundred...do that and buy a case of Exquisite. I've done really well with it and the 3 cases on the way makes 5 in the last 2 months for me! Another product i've busted and liked is Gridiron Gear......So many choices right!! lol Good luck Bro!
bedler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:33 AM   #8 (permalink)

If you're strictly looking for boxes I would say no to anything 09 that is out right now. Topps Chrome is always going to be strong but your chances of hitting a top tier RC auto are slim, however you get a ton of refractors and base rc's that sell well if you're looking to flip. If you don't care about the making money part and just want something for a fun rip that you might recoup then you should figure out what you like (patchs, autos, etc.) and look for a product that has a strong checklist of what you like. For 07 I am a huge fan of Leaf Limited. If you catch the weekend special it can be as low as 72 or so and can produce nice hits for the money and you don't have a ton of base left over. Gridiron has some nice patches and patch autos for the money. Personally I would go with something from 08 because the strong class that is still selling well and should heat up again with the start of the season.

Like was stated in another post. Maybe your best bet would be to pick up singles from the fourm or Ebay. It is a buyers market and you can find some nice pieces at lower prices. Its just not as fun. Good luck with your decision.

"Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...."
bigmon80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:06 AM   #9 (permalink)

Short and to the point - 2008 has arguably the best rookie class in FB hobby ever so it is no-brainer IMO - But its your money, so open what you would have the most fun with.
I pull scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:57 AM   #10 (permalink)

I figured it out. Im getting ready to go to a show about an hour from my house. Just found it this morning actually. Gonna see if I can find anything for my personal collection (eagles,phillies players) then rip a couple boxes of 08 product. I appreciate the help guys. Wish me luck.
ibleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:16 AM   #11 (permalink)

Yeah I agree go with 08. I think spx, sp authentic, or rookies and stars would be smart boxes.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:26 AM   #12 (permalink)

08 NT pull up ur panties and go for the gusto
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:57 AM   #13 (permalink)

i would go with 07 and 08 better rookies have the chance to get a peterson, matt ryan,flacco,chris johnson, matt forte, ect... auto and jeresy cards!!!!!!!!!
248rayment4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

Yeah go for 2008 products.
skc444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:14 PM   #15 (permalink)

dude, whatever year you choose doesn't matter. it's the product you choose. Playoff Contenders and Sp Authentic have the best resale no matter what year.
sportster2827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:17 PM   #16 (permalink)

I would personally go with playoff contenders in 07 or 08. bunches of autos
sportster2827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Dude, buy singles of Adrian Peterson, Matt Ryan, and the other big rookies. So you're guaranteed awesome cards and make a great investment to boot.

But if you MUST get boxes, go for 07 and 08 SP Authentic. The SPA Rookie Patch cards are some of the hottest on the market.
Rogue15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:33 AM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to bedler

Yeah, i agree that SP Authentic is a great product to buy if you want to buy boxes/case. My case didn't produce much as far as rookie patch autos (Ray Rice, Jordy Nelson, Kevin Smith X2, Devin Thomas X2, Eddie Royal) and i didn't get 1 multi-signed card (should have got 2).....but i did get a manning retro threads AUTO, and SP Authentics AUTOs of Manning & Favre. One thing i didn't like is the fact that i got like 7 redemptions out of that case....lol I've seen a few case breaks on SP Authentic where it was INSANE with what they got!! I mean they got the best Rookie Patch Autos you could get!!! I'm still waiting for my 08 contenders case, and then i'll decide on how that product is (for me anyways), but with 48 Autos it has to be descent....right? Hopefully for $1600 a case....lol
bedler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:17 AM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedler View Post
Yeah, i agree that SP Authentic is a great product to buy if you want to buy boxes/case. My case didn't produce much as far as rookie patch autos (Ray Rice, Jordy Nelson, Kevin Smith X2, Devin Thomas X2, Eddie Royal) and i didn't get 1 multi-signed card (should have got 2).....but i did get a manning retro threads AUTO, and SP Authentics AUTOs of Manning & Favre. One thing i didn't like is the fact that i got like 7 redemptions out of that case....lol I've seen a few case breaks on SP Authentic where it was INSANE with what they got!! I mean they got the best Rookie Patch Autos you could get!!! I'm still waiting for my 08 contenders case, and then i'll decide on how that product is (for me anyways), but with 48 Autos it has to be descent....right? Hopefully for $1600 a case....lol
Dude, in one of my boxes of SP Authentic, I got a Flacco and a Forte. Both the rookie patch autos.
Rogue15 is offline   Reply With Quote