Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Question about selling

I've seen on here that most people say that prices usually drop down during the offseason if you're selling but i was wondering if that applied to retired and hall of fame players too or is it just current players?
catfishhedberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Prices drop off for that particular sport (offseason) in general. Now you might get a weird event that puts the Vets name in the papers and interest spikes?!?!?! (arrested, death, etc...). Oh... and of course it depends on the set. There are guys that are trying like heck to finish certain hard to find sets so you might not see that much of a dip in prices, but anyone who is anyone is getting paid good moolah to keep on signing. "Rare" autographs are not quite as "rare" anymore.
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

I would say some veterans and HOF players tend to drop in price. Let's look at Tom Brady, Matt Cassel, and Jay Cutler. There prices have dipped during the off season. But Cassel has started climbing and Brady will as well. It has to do with injuries and the players in and out of courts or jail.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishhedberg View Post
I've seen on here that most people say that prices usually drop down during the offseason if you're selling but i was wondering if that applied to retired and hall of fame players too or is it just current players?
Good question and great place to ask it. These guys definitely know their stuff. I hate to say it but I never even thought about price dropping during the offseason. I hate to say it but I always would wonder why my stuff never sold but this may be one of the reasons.

Thank you again for asking this, b/c you have actually given me some help in the process.
bubbyande is offline   Reply With Quote