Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 06:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Default Show Pick-Ups

So I drove the rest of PA, through parts of MD, and W Va, to get to Winchester, VA at the Apple Bottom Mall for a card show. Turns out, it's like 3 guys just hanging out there with tables...not very exciting, but I managed to get some stuff anyway.

2005 Gridiron Gear Nameplate - Deshawn Foster (blue/white) - 12/12
2008 Threads Century Collection - Troy Aikman (blue/white) - 36/50
2006 Leaf Limited Team Trademarks - Clinton Portis (Laundry Tag "48") - 9/30
2007 Topps TX - Pro Bowl - Andre Johnson (white/dark blue rounded on white/baby blue jersey) - 24/49
2008 Leaf Limited Phenom AUTO - Ray Rice (white/gold/purple) - 36/99

If you having girl problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems, but a b**** aint' one.
MrSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

so i'm curious how many miles did you have to drive
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

According to RandMcNally it is 75 miles each way....it was beautiful day in the northeast!

If you having girl problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems, but a b**** aint' one.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to race774

Very nice Ray Rice!
race774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

If your moving the Ray Rice LMK w/ a PM.
SkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

That aikman and Ray Rice was worth the trip
Old 05-31-2009, 09:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

IM SO SO SO glad you told me this I live 2 hours away, and the beckett said 30 tables, but i had a hard time believeing that, i was gonna go after church but thank you for saving me the trip!!!!!!!!!!
nanners13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'm in VA and the only show that I KNOW the guys will all get geared up for is the Chantilly show. I have never gone but I think it's 1-2 times a year. There are some guys here that HAVE gone and would be willing to discuss how the shows were. Hope it was at least a nice drive?
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
I\'m in VA and the only show that I KNOW the guys will all get geared up for is the Chantilly show. I have never gone but I think it\'s 1-2 times a year. There are some guys here that HAVE gone and would be willing to discuss how the shows were. Hope it was at least a nice drive?
oh yes.... i have never been to the chantilly show either, UNTIL THIS year, took the week off for the fall show im excited it will be my first! Was a awsome day yesterday for a drive!

for those who attended were there really 30+ tables like beckett says???? or more like 10?????
nanners13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:29 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
I'm in VA and the only show that I KNOW the guys will all get geared up for is the Chantilly show. I have never gone but I think it's 1-2 times a year. There are some guys here that HAVE gone and would be willing to discuss how the shows were. Hope it was at least a nice drive?
I am trying to talk myself into going. I was a big fan of the Richmond show but have never been to the Chantilly one. I really like their selections of Redskin players they have for autographs and I really, really enjoy when they bring the Hogs in.

I have family down in Carolina so will probably be going to the show at the fairgrounds in Raleigh the end of June. Does anyone have any info they can pass on about this show?
bubbyande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Chantilly is definately worth going too. I have a FS skins helmet singed by the Hoggs from the last show (CMB for that one). The Chantilly show looks good, I put a link up in the shows section. The show at the Apple Blossom mall was 3 guys with about 15 tables between them.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

I just saw your link in the shows section. They always get alot of guests and I like how it is a great mix of old players and new.

This pains me to ask b/c I have been a Globetrotters fan since before I can remember, I used to love watching Wide World of Sports waiting for the Globetrotter game to come on, but isn't $40 too much for Meadowlark Lemon. To be honest if I had $40 I would probably get it but it just seems like alot. It really pains me to say this being a Redskins fan but I used to like watching Tony Hill and Drew Pearson play and their autos are only $30. Last thing, why would Meadowlark Lemon only sign Meadowlark?

Last edited by bubbyande; 05-31-2009 at 01:30 PM.
bubbyande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

Do the guys at the Winchester show sell unopened boxes or is it just individual cards?
catfishhedberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishhedberg View Post
Do the guys at the Winchester show sell unopened boxes or is it just individual cards?
One guy had boxes over priced