Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 12:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Dez Bryant signature mystery

Greg Little sig thread inspired this...I noticed this about a month ago but...why does this NT rpa look like his "questionable" sticker autos that surfaced last year when every other /99 auto looks like his I-don't-know-how-to-sign signature that's all over the place?

Questionable sig (NOT MINE)

Normal sig (Mine)
Old 05-09-2012, 01:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

completely different sigs to different to be rushed to im thinking dez has people signing for him

Looking for Vereen and Ridley autos i dont have and other pats for the right price
mattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

This discussion has been brought up here on several occasions. I can say this to you. I have a friend, he is not a court certified hand writing expert but let me tell you he knows his stuff. He collects all old actor and politician autos. He has been collecting for 45 yrs. and has seen it all. He said with 99% certainty that these were signed by two diffrent people. He also saw a Dez signed in person that was authentic and in his opinion the first wave of autos from last year are real and the second wave are without a doubt fake. If someone wanted to drop the $700-1000 to get that in wrinting from an actual court certified hand writing expert then go for it. I do wonder if someone did that and they did come back fake what Paninis response or defense would be?
Old 05-09-2012, 01:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

exactly im sure your friend and others could tell almost instantly if i can the letters are written so different theres no way and im sure panini wouldnt do crap for the card community but since dez is under contract with them they might try and get something out of him but panini workers should have spotted this before releasing and they probably did and let it go out anyways but he is a highly collected player if it was cecil shorts im sure no one would say anything but were talking about hundreds of dollars on some of these cards

Looking for Vereen and Ridley autos i dont have and other pats for the right price
Old 05-09-2012, 01:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
This discussion has been brought up here on several occasions. I can say this to you. I have a friend, he is not a court certified hand writing expert but let me tell you he knows his stuff. He collects all old actor and politician autos. He has been collecting for 45 yrs. and has seen it all. He said with 99% certainty that these were signed by two diffrent people. He also saw a Dez signed in person that was authentic and in his opinion the first wave of autos from last year are real and the second wave are without a doubt fake. If someone wanted to drop the $700-1000 to get that in wrinting from an actual court certified hand writing expert then go for it. I do wonder if someone did that and they did come back fake what Paninis response or defense would be?
See prior to seeing such an important card where I'd guess at least 90% of the print run looks legit (maybe even more) I thought the fake-looking sticker sigs were a result of the smaller signing space. Boggles my mind that a card I'd assume to be watched by a Panini official or whatever has all but one (from what I've seen) look authentic.

I've seen the threads on this before. Seeing a NT auto look off is what boggles my mind. I'd expect to at least see one of the (if not the) most coveted print runs to all look the same. So strange!
Old 05-09-2012, 01:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

Actually, it was because of these(and other) questionable Dez sigs that I asked about the Little sig I just received.
There's just no way the same person signed those 2 Dez cards.
geezhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

I've also heard that someone probably signs in his place .. Smh.
pryorfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I wish I had some extra coin just to get their response. I think that is disgusting that the card company would allow this/Dez Bryant would have someone else sign for him. That would be a major low, far worse than Vernand Morency putting that check mark on all his cards. Terrible.
palmdesertcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:34 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdesertcards View Post
I wish I had some extra coin just to get their response. I think that is disgusting that the card company would allow this/Dez Bryant would have someone else sign for him. That would be a major low, far worse than Vernand Morency putting that check mark on all his cards. Terrible.
Would you be mad if it was his Mom in Lufkin?
Andrew Luck
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Axe

where did that second one come from? Personally i almost wonder if it didn't get packed out without the auto and someone just added it, lol. Anyways theres noway he signed that bottom one UNLESS he was practicing his off hand writing, lol.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:47 AM   #11 (permalink)

if someone had the extra coin to prove it wonder if panini would be hit by a lawsuit for false advertising or be liable in court . you would think that if the cards arent signed in the presence of a panini official that they would at least have a handwriting analyst on staff to prevent such things .

Old 05-09-2012, 02:17 AM   #12 (permalink)

I think the next two questions everyone should ask are these. Is Panini that stupid and did not notice the diffrence? Or, and this is the more important question. Did they notice the diffrence and not care and pack them out anyway?
Old 05-09-2012, 03:20 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I think the next two questions everyone should ask are these. Is Panini that stupid and did not notice the diffrence? Or, and this is the more important question. Did they notice the diffrence and not care and pack them out anyway?
They dont care, they just hope no one notices. And as far as a lawsuit, you have a case i woukd think. Kinda stupid to go to court over it, but would be nice to have something like this scare them and get them in the right direction. But i just dont see anything happening.
Oilngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:39 AM   #14 (permalink)

Let's put it this way, I've passed on numerous occasions to buy a "bad Dez" auto because I'm 99% sure the later batch of autos are not signed by him.

My guide are the Rookie Premiere autos since we know for sure he had to sign those.

I'm sure Panini is covered in their contract against fraudulent signatures and would be filing yet another lawsuit against Dez if definitive proof came out. They probable don't want to be the ones to bring it up, for the obvious CS nightmare that would follow.

Last edited by monkeymcgee; 05-09-2012 at 03:46 AM.
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:46 AM   #15 (permalink)

As I said when these showed up on the earlier cards... there is no way that signature is signed by the same person. Letters, slant, formation and spacing are all wrong.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:46 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post

My guide are the Rookie Premiere autos since we know for sure he had to sign those.
Bingo. That's the standard.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:18 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasacar86 View Post
Greg Little sig thread inspired this...I noticed this about a month ago but...why does this NT rpa look like his "questionable" sticker autos that surfaced last year when every other /99 auto looks like his I-don't-know-how-to-sign signature that's all over the place?

Questionable sig (NOT MINE)

Normal sig (Mine)

This guy is an overrated douche bag. If he can't even be bothered to sign a few autographs that he agreed to and had to get friends to sign for him, he's not worth the time collecting any of them, real or not. It's bad enough trying to figure out scammers out there without having to question the athlete themselves being one of the scammers.

http://s1127.photobucket.com/albums/l636/jcwatchdog/
jcwatchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwatchdog View Post
This guy is an overrated douche bag. If he can't even be bothered to sign a few autographs that he agreed to and had to get friends to sign for him, he's not worth the time collecting any of them, real or not. It's bad enough trying to figure out scammers out there without having to question the athlete themselves being one of the scammers.
I'm glad you're perfect in every way.
Andrew Luck
Old 05-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMC View Post
Would you be mad if it was his Mom in Lufkin?
*joke must have flew over my head*
Old 05-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdesertcards View Post
*joke must have flew over my head*
No joke, I heard a rumor that his Mom signed a lot of his Contenders autos and some of his other on-card autos. This explains why they are so whacky.

This wouldn't surprise me at all since he got hurt (broken leg) in November of 2010 and both of these products were sending out their cards to be signed.

I have one question for people who are screaming lawsuit: What do we win if we win?
Andrew Luck
Old 05-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #21 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
=

I have one question for people who are screaming lawsuit: What do we win if we win?
IMO- there in lies the problem. You can't be in it for monetary gain. You have to be in it to make a difference and force Panini and others to make sure they do a better job. Lawsuits should be more then just about $$.

However if you could prove you bought a fake one then you could submit that to the class action claim as well as any case/box breakers that kept receipts. All they can say is they bought those boxes on good faith the cards in them were all legit.

There is a case here for sure but would need council versed in class action for that is what it would have to be. Unless you wanted to go small claims with receipts. Then they would have to show up and all you need to prove is the auto is not legit.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
No joke, I heard a rumor that his Mom signed a lot of his Contenders autos and some of his other on-card autos. This explains why they are so whacky.

This wouldn't surprise me at all since he got hurt (broken leg) in November of 2010 and both of these products were sending out their cards to be signed.

Thats unreal, if thats what happend Dez is a clown for sure. Anyone want to chip in funds to sue? Says right on card authentic auto when it isnt? False and misleading?
Old 05-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #23 (permalink)

Maybe Dez signed some with his left hand?
MASNAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:

Okay, so we're going to go ahead and disprove this 'rumor' right now. Here's a Topps Rookie Premiere. Unless his mom was signing these at the Rookie Premiere, the 'whacky' ones are definitely the real ones, not the neatly scribed ones.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
Okay, so we're going to go ahead and disprove this 'rumor' right now. Here's a Topps Rookie Premiere. Unless his mom was signing these at the Rookie Premiere, the 'whacky' ones are definitely the real ones, not the neatly scribed ones.

There we go then, Dez's signature is inconsistent at best.
Andrew Luck