Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 12:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2007 Ud Exquisite Football Case Break (help!?!)

I'm new to this and really really want to host some sort of 1-2 case break of 07 Exquisite football. For each case, there are 18 cards to be distributed. I have a 100% seller rating on ebay so you can definitely trust me to send your cards out quickly and securely.

1) What would the best way to divide the slots/teams amongst all people interested?
2) What would a good price be per slot?
3) How do you factor in shipping costs, paypal fees and packaging supplies?

PLEASE HELP!
goggletan215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I moved this thread for you so you can get the answers you need and then resubmit.

For Exquisite youd be best off doing a per card allotment and randomizing the base (as its tends to be a minimal hit and I for one would avoid any break that I was spending very good money at a chance at a 2-10 buck hit (which may be a generous selling price).

For a price per slot the best way to figure this out is to factor in the your costs. For example, if you've got 10 slots and 1000 bucks into the case, and 100 bucks into shipping, and 100 bucks into paypal fees, then your total costs are 1200 bucks. given 10 slot holders, each slot would cost 120 bucks (keep in mind group breaks hosted here should not be configured for profit).

Factoring in the supply costs, you need to figure out what its going to cost you. Each product has different costs. For example Razor letterman was fairly easy for me to configure since I knew the cards were encased, but due to that, I used the weight of a Razor Letterman Card which was 3 oz when inside a padded mailer). Using this I could figure out what it was going to cost to ship knowing I've got 11 cents in each bubble mailer and 28 cents into my printing labels and paypal's e-delivery confirmation. Then factor in 2.9% and .30 per paypal transaction as these are the fees paypal takes. If you use a spreadsheet it makes this much easier not only confriguring the pricing, but also to keep track of all the slot holders information as it maybe a few weeks between ordering, recieving the case, breaking it, and shipping everything off so tracking down peoples addresses can be fun.

I also would recommend using video equipment and recording the break. Weither its a high or low case break, if you get shorted a card or forget the configuration of a pack, this helps. Also helps avoid anyone questioning the intregirty of the breaker when the case is to blame and not the host.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
I moved this thread for you so you can get the answers you need and then resubmit.

For Exquisite youd be best off doing a per card allotment and randomizing the base (as its tends to be a minimal hit and I for one would avoid any break that I was spending very good money at a chance at a 2-10 buck hit (which may be a generous selling price).

For a price per slot the best way to figure this out is to factor in the your costs. For example, if you've got 10 slots and 1000 bucks into the case, and 100 bucks into shipping, and 100 bucks into paypal fees, then your total costs are 1200 bucks. given 10 slot holders, each slot would cost 120 bucks (keep in mind group breaks hosted here should not be configured for profit).

Factoring in the supply costs, you need to figure out what its going to cost you. Each product has different costs. For example Razor letterman was fairly easy for me to configure since I knew the cards were encased, but due to that, I used the weight of a Razor Letterman Card which was 3 oz when inside a padded mailer). Using this I could figure out what it was going to cost to ship knowing I've got 11 cents in each bubble mailer and 28 cents into my printing labels and paypal's e-delivery confirmation. Then factor in 2.9% and .30 per paypal transaction as these are the fees paypal takes. If you use a spreadsheet it makes this much easier not only confriguring the pricing, but also to keep track of all the slot holders information as it maybe a few weeks between ordering, recieving the case, breaking it, and shipping everything off so tracking down peoples addresses can be fun.

I also would recommend using video equipment and recording the break. Weither its a high or low case break, if you get shorted a card or forget the configuration of a pack, this helps. Also helps avoid anyone questioning the intregirty of the breaker when the case is to blame and not the host.
Excellent post Fish. This should be stickied somewhere for everyone's easy reference.