Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 11:54 AM   #26 (permalink)

i called topps about some of the fake autos on there cards the guy told me they did not care that it was secondary market and it it what it is i said so you guys dont care if people do this he said they do but once they sell the product to some one it is out of there hands ? stupid i know on the other hand that upper deck has a fraud department and the guy at upper deck told me that any time u see a fake or think something is fake to call upper deck right away and they will get down to the bottom of it!!!
248rayment4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:20 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 248rayment4343 View Post
i called topps about some of the fake autos on there cards the guy told me they did not care that it was secondary market and it it what it is i said so you guys dont care if people do this he said they do but once they sell the product to some one it is out of there hands ? stupid i know on the other hand that upper deck has a fraud department and the guy at upper deck told me that any time u see a fake or think something is fake to call upper deck right away and they will get down to the bottom of it!!!
You mean uppderdeck would actually do something? Don't call them, then I will NEVER see my spa replacements. Gives them more excuses NOT to close my case and ship the cards.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #28 (permalink)

I posted on this a while ago, these people are awful.

Sports Cards Uncensored: More Updates On The Growing Epidemic Of Fake Auto Stickers

Sports Cards Uncensored: Have We Reached A New Level Of Douchebaggery?

Sports Cards Uncensored: Dammit!! This Is Now A Freaking Epidemic

Sports Cards Uncensored: The Fake Autos Have Been Around Longer Than Once Expected...

My Teddy Bridgewater Collection: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Gellman/a/teddy-bridgewater
deltapi1049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:06 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willcvincent View Post
Wow. I recognized one name from the list. This dude - bigboydsportscards3 - sold me some tampered wax on ebay 3 years ago (that was before I found BO). I am scared as hell now to buy high end autos after reading this thread.

Good work guys.
I got a box of Sage Hit 3 years ago from bigboydsportscards to didn't have all the Auto's. I got on him about it and he said wouldn't do anything then was told problems with drop shippers. Well I sent everything to Sage and was promised a couple Auto's and even one I wanted at the time. Sage never called me back or sent my Auto's after I spent another $6 or $7 mailing it to them priority mail with DC. I got screwed twice on one box so I haven't bought anymore Sage boxes just singles. I've been thinking about buying some from BO but the way Sage did still pisses me off. I also just bought some Press Pass Auto's from cardboardpimping lastnight off ebay. I sure hope they aren't fake they looked fine to me and he had 100% positive is the reason I bought from him. I wouldn't have if I'd saw this in time.
icemansg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:16 PM   #30 (permalink)

from what i hear cardboardpimping has been on the do not buy from list for a long time so be careful
248rayment4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:25 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 248rayment4343 View Post
from what i hear cardboardpimping has been on the do not buy from list for a long time so be careful
I don't understand how they've been on ebay 3 years and have 100% positive feedback if they are selling alot of fake Auto's. I'd think something is wrong somewhere maybe ebay lets it go because they get all those fees. Fees screwed up my buying boxes owed ebay so much this month. I've also wondered with all the replacements and these sticker auto's if companies don't just slap them on regular cards and send them out as replacements at times. I've seen alot of Auto's that look fake and a few that look ok.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:11 AM   #32 (permalink)

Wow that one is really bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
Not to detract from your AP post, but the third link that goes to Mr. Cardboardpimping? Take a look at his "alleged" Chris Johnson Topps Chrome RC Auto. I didn't notice the lack of ghosting on the AP cards so good catch on that. I was going to blame products like Topps Signature Basketball for flooding the market w/ cheap autographs and making it easy to get ahold of authentic Topps autograph stickers, but after looking at some of my personal cards I guess they could have gotten that style of sticker from all sorts of recent and older Topps products. Wow...

Chris Johnson comparison:

LIKELY GENUINE 08 TOPPS CHROME CHRIS JOHNSON AUTOGRAPH ROOKIE CARD - eBay (item 290324348883 end time Jul-14-09 17:18:22 PDT)

DEFINITELY FAKE CHRIS JOHNSON 2008 08 TOPPS CHROME TITANS RC AUTO - eBay (item 150353710372 end time Jun-28-09 19:31:00 PDT)
Old 07-01-2009, 02:02 AM   #33 (permalink)

I looked and cardboardpimping on ebay right now has a Matt Ryan Topps Chrome RC Auto but it doesn't have the white out Autograph spot for the sticker just a sticker.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:41 AM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

I just reported the Matt Ryan auto, I suggest you all do the same. Scroll to the bottom and hit report this item.
Rogue15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:22 AM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

have a question then what do you guys think. i bough this ap from one of those sellers i believe is this ap real? im a little worried now...

russellmg76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:29 AM   #36 (permalink)

I don't follow bowman chromes, but I'm fairly sure yours is legit.
pfb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:35 AM   #37 (permalink)

Fake, theres no white area behind the sticker

anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:41 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellmg76 View Post
have a question then what do you guys think. i bough this ap from one of those sellers i believe is this ap real? im a little worried now...

Edit: Looking at again, it does look a bit faded behind the sticker. Do you have a better picture of the AP?

Last edited by freethrowtommy; 04-08-2012 at 04:23 PM.
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:58 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusinha View Post
Fake, theres no white area behind the sticker
it definitely fades near the point of the ball. none of the players i've seen have a completely solid white area.

for example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110847622371
pfb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:06 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTHCi View Post
Trading Card Central - Collector Zone -> Fake Sticker Autos | forums, message boards, blogs, chat

Here's a list of people who have been doing this:

elkridgesportscards, t.wall, cardboardgems1, cardcontractor, onlytherare, unknownquarterback7, borninouterspace , bigboydsportscards3, dmarcus8, exquisite-baybuys,supercollectibles77, jns518, papakon51, xxbadabing, modernbreaks, little_victories, cccupps420, jmvariety09, cardboardpimping, eightieschick505, finestcard519.

I see several names on this list that I tend to see on about every negative ebay thread...and they are on the lists for good reasons from what I can conclude....its sad that after all the evidence found against these people they still have hundreds and thousands of cards selling at any given time.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:40 AM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoHOF View Post
I see several names on this list that I tend to see on about every negative ebay thread...and they are on the lists for good reasons from what I can conclude....its sad that after all the evidence found against these people they still have hundreds and thousands of cards selling at any given time.
send the list to ebay fraud dept and the FBI
510mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:24 AM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

Wondering if this one is real 1998 Bowman's Best PEYTON MANNING RC Autograph BGS 9.5 | eBay also see his completed items

Last edited by 510mikey; 04-08-2012 at 04:29 AM.
510mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:35 AM   #43 (permalink)

Need a better scan of the AP. There should be a slight border break above and below the sticker area. If there isn't one, it's fake.
Mattspalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:35 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoHOF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTHCi
Trading Card Central - Collector Zone -> Fake Sticker Autos | forums, message boards, blogs, chat

Here's a list of people who have been doing this:

elkridgesportscards, t.wall, cardboardgems1, cardcontractor, onlytherare, unknownquarterback7, borninouterspace , bigboydsportscards3, dmarcus8, exquisite-baybuys,supercollectibles77, jns518, papakon51, xxbadabing, modernbreaks, little_victories, cccupps420, jmvariety09, cardboardpimping, eightieschick505, finestcard519.
funny how 2 from this list bbsc & cbp have been on more and more current threads about scams, shills, fakes, etc, but every freaking thread gets deleted so people keep buying from them, and they keep pumping out bad cards into the market whether they are reselling from someone else. google is great to do searches on the names but if threads get deleted then they don't show up in searches.

I'd love to know what happened to the last bbsc shilling thread that luck15shop made. I know it turned into a pissing match between luck and the seller in question.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellmg76 View Post

Sorry Russell, but I'm pretty sure your card is fake, as others have said before. There is no faded/window area behind the auto, leading me to believe that it was just a base AP ref that they put a sticker on. Sorry man
Old 04-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #46 (permalink)

Gellman is definitely a good source to find out about fakes. He's a huge AP collector and has seen a ton on Ebay. Along with those articles, he's got a good post about fake patches called SCU Scam School.

SCU Scam School

If you're anti-Panini you'll probably like most of his rants against them.

"He went from sacking quarterbacks to tackling crime" - NFL Superpro #1
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/
LBSB333 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Sorry Russell, but I'm pretty sure your card is fake, as others have said before. There is no faded/window area behind the auto, leading me to believe that it was just a base AP ref that they put a sticker on. Sorry man
Nope, that one is real. Fakes are very obvious, and the pen, signature and other factors like slant and pen pressure indicate it is real - on the auto. Not sure if it was meant to be a Peterson signature card, but the auto itself is real.

Sometimes the faded window doesnt come through well on the scans. This would be the first time I have been fooled if its fake.

My Teddy Bridgewater Collection: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Gellman/a/teddy-bridgewater

Last edited by deltapi1049; 04-08-2012 at 04:26 PM.
deltapi1049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapi1049 View Post
Nope, that one is real. Fakes are very obvious, and the pen, signature and other factors like slant and pen pressure indicate it is real - on the auto. Not sure if it was meant to be a Peterson signature card, but the auto itself is real.

Sometimes the faded window doesnt come through well on the scans. This would be the first time I have been fooled if its fake.
Yeah, the auto didn't look bad to me (although admittedly I do not study AP's auto like yours), but I was just basing my opinion off of the lack of "window" on the card. Maybe a better scan would prove it more definitely. Also the fact that he bought it from one of these sellers makes me instantly skeptical (but not a definite that it's fake).
Old 04-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

yes im looking at it and it does have a fade barely noticable ill post a scan here for you to take a look
Old 04-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

ok this scan isnt picking it up for some reason. must be the lighting but where the sticker is its faded like lighter coloring stars just above the sticker and ends just below the red line