Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ryan Tannehill has won the job!

Of 3rd string quarterback. Someone tell me how to short sell cards and I would really love this hobby.

ESPN report that David Garrard is early leader in QB race makes sense | The Daily Dolphin
caustexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'll buy your tannehill's cheap if you want to guarantee me delivery by friday... LMK
Old 07-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

It's sad that Garrard is the said front runner. If anyone I would want it to go Moore, Tannehill then Garrard. Moore only looked good cause of the defense but atleast he looked good. When was the last time you were impressed with Garrard's playing? I hope either Moore or Tannehill whoops a** in training camp. I'm still lost as to why the released Henne. If they wanted a first rounder to have him ride the pine and not allow Moore to start then what even rationalizes getting rid of Henne? Oh well, maybe Garrard will prove me wrong but my gut says otherwise...
HenneFan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenneFan007 View Post
It's sad that Garrard is the said front runner. If anyone I would want it to go Moore, Tannehill then Garrard. Moore only looked good cause of the defense but atleast he looked good. When was the last time you were impressed with Garrard's playing? I hope either Moore or Tannehill whoops a** in training camp. I'm still lost as to why the released Henne. If they wanted a first rounder to have him ride the pine and not allow Moore to start then what even rationalizes getting rid of Henne? Oh well, maybe Garrard will prove me wrong but my gut says otherwise...
Man David Garrard is light years better than Matt Moore. Matt Moore is as terrible as they come. David Garrard had NO weapons in Jacksonville.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Means nothing. Any team wants to give a rookie QB some time to develop even if it's a few games his rookie year before they throw him to the wolves. Say what you want about Moore and Garrard but they are good enough to warrant letting them lose for a few weeks until they believe Tannenhill is ready.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

As I said I guess we will see but I'm not thinking Garrard is gonna do the team much good. However, that's just my opinion and I may be wrong. All I do know is that give it a bad game or two and the fans will be ready for someone else to give the starting role a go.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
Means nothing. Any team wants to give a rookie QB some time to develop even if it's a few games his rookie year before they throw him to the wolves. Say what you want about Moore and Garrard but they are good enough to warrant letting them lose for a few weeks until they believe Tannenhill is ready.
Agreed. Plus it's July 3rd.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Why would you throw him into fire with out adequate pieces around him? They will bring him along ala Carson Palmer 03'

The best two words to describe this hobby. " CardBoard Crack"
Gore21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

Miami is gonna be downright awful this year. 5-11 at best.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

It's July. This isn't news yet....
Old 07-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyp View Post
Man David Garrard is light years better than Matt Moore. Matt Moore is as terrible as they come. David Garrard had NO weapons in Jacksonville.
Garrard is terrible. He makes bad decisions 4-5 times in a game that would result in interceptions if the AFC South had any decent CB's or safeties in it.

Quote:
As I said I guess we will see but I'm not thinking Garrard is gonna do the team much good. However, that's just my opinion and I may be wrong. All I do know is that give it a bad game or two and the fans will be ready for someone else to give the starting role a go.
Because Henne sucks and he's a horrible leader. ZERO development in 4 years and a bad attitude.
1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite
marinocollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #12 (permalink)

If Garrard can't beat out a rookie in an OTA, he should retire
hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinocollector View Post
Because Henne sucks and he's a horrible leader. ZERO development in 4 years and a bad attitude.
I think saying he sucks or even is terrible is going a little far to be honest. Zero development in four years? He never had a complete season of starting. However, try having development in a place where they already question everything you do reguardless of the position you play and constantly make you question your own playing ability by switching players around like musical chairs. Miami is a zoo and the owners have always cared more about who is in the seats rather having a winning football team. It seems you're a Dolphins fan so you would have to have seen how many times Henne took us down the field and they would pull him out, run 2 wildcat plays for a total of 3 yards if lucky, then send Henne in on 3rd and long to convert. As for the leadership I'm a bit lost. Long and Henne both were the ones who orchestrated the off season workouts during the lockout. May not be enough to say he is the greatest leader in the world but it is enough to say he tries. Henne played like a beast the four games he started this year and the defense never showed to back him up. We wouldn't even have Garrard or Moore to talk about starting if Henne never got hurt. From those 3 1/2 gameshe played it look as if he was gonna have the projected breakout season.

Also as I am a Henne fan I see you must be a Marino fan but in my experience those who are head over heels about Marino will never understand that you can't expect every QB who walks into Miami to become the next Dan. Any QB who get's looked at that way will always be terrible...
Old 07-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #14 (permalink)

I hope everyone knows that Henne is no longer a Dolphin. Rotation goes: Moore Gerrard, and Tannehill.

My perdiction is that the phins win at least 8 games and advance to the first round of the playoffs. With the Pickup of Ocho Cinco it might be the difference in playing the Patriots two games a season. I'm excited to see the new head coach and how he leads a new team.
Hockey PC! Zdeno Chara, Tuukka Rask, Dougie Hamilton
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #15 (permalink)

Agreed. I hope whatever the QB situation it works out for the best and that wasn't the case for Henne in Miami. I will say the Phins stand a good chance to win 8 games if they can play on both sides of the ball every game. They have the afc south this year which will be weak outside of the Texans and possibly the Titans.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
I think saying he sucks or even is terrible is going a little far to be honest. Zero development in four years? He never had a complete season of starting. However, try having development in a place where they already question everything you do reguardless of the position you play and constantly make you question your own playing ability by switching players around like musical chairs. Miami is a zoo and the owners have always cared more about who is in the seats rather having a winning football team. It seems you're a Dolphins fan so you would have to have seen how many times Henne took us down the field and they would pull him out, run 2 wildcat plays for a total of 3 yards if lucky, then send Henne in on 3rd and long to convert. As for the leadership I'm a bit lost. Long and Henne both were the ones who orchestrated the off season workouts during the lockout. May not be enough to say he is the greatest leader in the world but it is enough to say he tries. Henne played like a beast the four games he started this year and the defense never showed to back him up. We wouldn't even have Garrard or Moore to talk about starting if Henne never got hurt. From those 3 1/2 gameshe played it look as if he was gonna have the projected breakout season.

Also as I am a Henne fan I see you must be a Marino fan but in my experience those who are head over heels about Marino will never understand that you can't expect every QB who walks into Miami to become the next Dan. Any QB who get's looked at that way will always be terrible...
They gave the reigns to Chad Henne in 2009, he did decent. For someone airing the ball 30+ times a game, he was not efficient nor was he smart with his throws or how he threw the ball. At no times, when he was QB did I think to myself, "Thank goodness! We have someone under center!" I'd take Pennington over Henne. I'd take Matt Moore over Henne as well. He didn't play with fire. Plain and simple. Without a sense of urgency on offense, the team moves lackadaisically from drive to drive. I do think the offense faltered because of 2009's wonder pick, Pat "Drive Killer" White, but Henne didn't improve in 2010.
Henne's lack of progress even showed in college. He never did better than his freshman year, maybe his junior year... but he was injured his senior year. That shows signs of being injury prone from the get go. I can't have my franchise being led by a QB who gets hurt every year (another reason I pick Moore over Garrard).
My dislike of Henne started in college and never swayed far from that feeling even as a Fin. 2009 was frustrating because the staff kept trying to justify the White pick, when they should have gave up. But 2010, they more than gave the reigns to Henne and the offense did not respond to him.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Agreed. I hope whatever the QB situation it works out for the best and that wasn't the case for Henne in Miami. I will say the Phins stand a good chance to win 8 games if they can play on both sides of the ball every game. They have the afc south this year which will be weak outside of the Texans and possibly the Titans.
I would like to think the Fins will go 9-7, but I doubt that with Buffalo going all in, the Jets still being formidable, and NE. I really could see them going 0-6 in the division. If they adopt a grinding game, they have a chance with that defense, but I don't think that's the offensive coordinators style.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:24 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benshobbies View Post
I hope everyone knows that Henne is no longer a Dolphin. Rotation goes: Moore Gerrard, and Tannehill.
switch Moore and Garrard and you're right
hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #19 (permalink)

it's a real sad day to see old man Garrard is going to be the starter... 8-8 tops... maybe less...