Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to zepzoso Send a message via Yahoo to zepzoso
Default COMC Nationals Special for ALL

Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere but it is such a good deal it needs to be posted twice.

2012 National Collectors Convention Processing Special

COMC has been around for 5 full years now, so we thought folks might appreciate this deal.
-Give us your cards in a 550 Count Box. We’ll give you 5 Week processing, starting from the day we receive it at the show, for only $55. Maximum of 5 Boxes per customer.
Don’t cram cards into boxes, please; if it’s so full we’ll worry about card damage we’ll ask you to take some cards out. We’ll have a limited supply of boxes at the show to give out, or you can bring your own.
Please make sure your account is funded with store credit before dropping off. If you’ve got more than five boxes of cards you’d like to hand off, you can also use One Month service at $0.25/card, $5 minimum, no batch fee (One Week, One Day, and all other services will not be available for items dropped off at the National).
• The $55 flat rate is in place of what would have been the normal $0.20/card fee – it does not cover extra fees such as toploader removal charge, oversize/special size item charges (poker chips or coins for example), or condition notes.

GOOD THING #2

This deal is available to you even if you aren’t attending the National.
Not everyone can go to Baltimore. Postmark your shipment of up to five 550 count boxes during the National week (August 1-5) and when we receive them we’ll get to work for $55 a box, 5 Week processing time.
• Please clearly label the boxes “5th Anniversary Special” and write your username on the box
• Limit five 550 count boxes per household
• Any submitted cards exceeding five 550 count boxes will be processed as requested with our normal services
• The $55 flat rate is in place of what would have been the normal $0.20/card fee – it does not cover extra fees such as toploader removal charge, oversize/special size item charges (poker chips or coins for example), or condition notes.
zepzoso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Definitely plan on taking advantage of this. I've got a $20 off coupon for first time submitters, too, so hoping to combine!
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Definitely plan on taking advantage of this. I've got a $20 off coupon for first time submitters, too, so hoping to combine!
Where did you get that coupon? I am thinking of submitting for the first time, also.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
Where did you get that coupon? I am thinking of submitting for the first time, also.
Not sure if they'll combine offers, but I'm not going to ask, just do. It does say ANY processing service, so this should qualify.

tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you!
Old 07-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #6 (permalink)

What kind of stuff would sell well on COMC? Like base, numbered, auto/gu....
Old 07-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Couple questions if anyone can help:

1) Do the cards have to be sent in a 550 count box? I mean if you didn't send 550 are they still gonna charge $55?

2) Am I missing anything here, if you sent 550 cards for $55 special, it is basically 10 cents a card right? No other tricks I am missing here?

Also interested in Blaine Gabbert or Maurice Drew cards.
Sports2882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pats4dawin View Post
What kind of stuff would sell well on COMC? Like base, numbered, auto/gu....
autos/gu and numbered cards would sell well on there especially if they are a hot player at the moment or something a set collector would need.
patchgenie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to zepzoso Send a message via Yahoo to zepzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports2882 View Post

1) Do the cards have to be sent in a 550 count box? I mean if you didn't send 550 are they still gonna charge $55?

2) Am I missing anything here, if you sent 550 cards for $55 special, it is basically 10 cents a card right? No other tricks I am missing here?
1) No you just use there regular pricing per card.

2)$.10 per card is correct.
zepzoso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports2882 View Post

Hi, Sports2882. I'm Jeremy and I work for COMC.
The special is intended for 550-count boxes, not for "550 cards". You can send us a 550ct box that isn't full and we'll still give you the $55 flat rate, but if you just send us 550 cards (in a 660ct box, for example) we will charge you the normal processing rate of $0.20/card.
Thanks!
Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Not sure if they'll combine offers, but I'm not going to ask, just do. It does say ANY processing service, so this should qualify.

How do we print this out? Just click the pic on ths SCD website?
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hi, Sports2882. I'm Jeremy and I work for COMC.
The special is intended for 550-count boxes, not for "550 cards". You can send us a 550ct box that isn't full and we'll still give you the $55 flat rate, but if you just send us 550 cards (in a 660ct box, for example) we will charge you the normal processing rate of $0.20/card.
Thanks!
Jeremy
So basically it would have to be 550 35-pt cards in a 550 count box to get that price.

It actually might be more expensive if you plan on filling a 550-ct box with all jersey/patch cards between 75-120pt

Looking to Buy- Redskins-Raiders-Bills-Lakers-PelicansRookie Autos
FreeFlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #13 (permalink)

Here's the url with the coupon: Check Out My Cards Gaining Attention as Online Alternative | Sports Collectors Digest
77ncaachamps is offline   Reply With Quote