Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 17,396
Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default Trent Richardson

So is everyone else super pumped he's already having an MRI on his knee this week - and probably won't play Friday night...

Always a good sign for a rookie running back that already had issues with this knee.
__________________
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/ohiosundevils
Want to save 5-15% on your purchase? Check my feedback and pay via Check/MO/Cash
I do not ACCEPT or SEND Gift Payments - Thanks

Last edited by asujbl; 08-08-2012 at 09:49 AM.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
popmaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,028
Default

What can you say? The Browns really know how to draft!
__________________
"It's all interpretation, to find the truth you have to read between the lines" -DR

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 236
Default

Reason #1 for not drafting an RB in the top 5! Highest risk for injury.
runrickyrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
yankeesfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Middle Of Nowhere, PA
Posts: 16,310
Default

I wouldnt worry. Claiborne already had an MRI on his knee as well. Injuries are a part of the game
__________________
Blowout's Resident DeMarco Murray Supercollector
DM PC Stats: 1035/1781. 121 1/1's, 205 Autos, 225 Gu, 274 #ed, 207 Base/RC's
http://demarcomurraysupercollector.webs.com/index.htm
Also want your Brook Lopez, Mason Plumlee and Deron Williams
yankeesfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 9,371
Default

dude been overhyped from day one...i agree with jim brown, "if Richardson couldn’t start ahead of Ingram when they both played at Alabama, that means Richardson can’t be better than Ingram."

Jim Brown not impressed with “ordinary” Trent Richardson | ProFootballTalk
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 217
Default

It reminds me alot of thoroughbred racing. These athletes that are the best of the best are often the most fragile. Meanwhile you have workhorse backs like Lynch and Green-Ellis that aren't the most talented but just get up and keep trucking hit after hit.

The Saints do it right, your most explosive back plays 3rd downs, your bruiser comes in on short yardage and goalline, and your best all around back takes snap on 1st and 2nd down. It's only a matter of time before we see all teams use 3 backs and the RB position becomes as diverse as the WR position.
SKelley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 17,396
Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
dude been overhyped from day one...i agree with jim brown, "if Richardson couldn’t start ahead of Ingram when they both played at Alabama, that means Richardson can’t be better than Ingram."

Jim Brown not impressed with “ordinary” Trent Richardson | ProFootballTalk
That quote is one of the dumbest things Jim Brown has ever said – whether you like Richardson or not is different – but the quote is asinine.
__________________
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/ohiosundevils
Want to save 5-15% on your purchase? Check my feedback and pay via Check/MO/Cash
I do not ACCEPT or SEND Gift Payments - Thanks
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 9,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
That quote is one of the dumbest things Jim Brown has ever said – whether you like Richardson or not is different – but the quote is asinine.
i like him, seems like a great kid. Only time will tell, TR will get more action than Ingram so opinions will be made quickly to see who is right or wrong.

TR's minor surgery in the spring on his knee and now soreness could be a sign of a larger problem. This is one reason you do not take a RB #3 overall IMO.
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 17,396
Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
i like him, seems like a great kid. Only time will tell, TR will get more action than Ingram so opinions will be made quickly to see who is right or wrong.

TR's minor surgery in the spring on his knee and now soreness could be a sign of a larger problem. This is one reason you do not take a RB #3 overall IMO.
All that I agree with - as a Browns fan I wanted Claiborne personally - but Jim Brown is just pissy with Mike Holmgren still. Once he's out the door (which is soon) Brown will make nice with the team again.
__________________
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/ohiosundevils
Want to save 5-15% on your purchase? Check my feedback and pay via Check/MO/Cash
I do not ACCEPT or SEND Gift Payments - Thanks
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
MasterPattie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio (but originally from Michigan)
Posts: 7,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
All that I agree with - as a Browns fan I wanted Claiborne personally - but Jim Brown is just pissy with Mike Holmgren still. Once he's out the door (which is soon) Brown will make nice with the team again.
Yeah, Claiborne would have been a better pick - elite cornerbacks are tougher to find than elite running backs. The toughest positions to find elite players are quarterback, left tackle, defensive end, and cornerback. The top running backs in the league are (with Peterson being injured right now) Foster (undrafted), Rice (2nd round pick), McCoy (2nd round pick) and MJD (2nd round pick). You don't need to spend a high pick on a RB in this age of the NFL (we all know this is a passing league now anyway).

As far as Jim Brown, we'll see what happens. A lot of damage has been done between his relationship with the Browns and the fans (not showing up to the Ring of Honor last season was a disgrace on his part). We'll see just how much the new owner and team (whomever the new GM and president will be) reaches out to Brown.
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,114
Default

This is a non-story. Players have post-surgery MRI's all the time that don't get reported to the media for this very reason. Anyone who has ever had surgery here knows how many scans, MRI's, etc. are required both pre and post opt, and the soreness that follows a surgery can go on for years.

If he misses Friday's game, it's not because he can't play...it's because the Browns would rather not take any chances in a preseason game. Let the guy rest after 12 days of practice and know that this is not the first or last MRI he will have in his life, especially if the Browns want to be preventative with his knee.
auctionjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
MasterPattie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio (but originally from Michigan)
Posts: 7,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
This is a non-story. Players have post-surgery MRI's all the time that don't get reported to the media for this very reason. Anyone who has ever had surgery here knows how many scans, MRI's, etc. are required both pre and post opt, and the soreness that follows a surgery can go on for years.

If he misses Friday's game, it's not because he can't play...it's because the Browns would rather not take any chances in a preseason game. Let the guy rest after 12 days of practice and know that this is not the first or last MRI he will have in his life, especially if the Browns want to be preventative with his knee.
Yeah it's not that big of a deal. The only concern is that he is a rookie, and he needs to see some action in a game before the regular season starts. I agree, you keep him out if there is any question at all. But if this thing prolongs itself into 2 weeks, 3 weeks, the entire preseason, that's not good.

We'll keep on eye on it.
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
MasterPattie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio (but originally from Michigan)
Posts: 7,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterPattie View Post
Yeah it's not that big of a deal. The only concern is that he is a rookie, and he needs to see some action in a game before the regular season starts. I agree, you keep him out if there is any question at all. But if this thing prolongs itself into 2 weeks, 3 weeks, the entire preseason, that's not good.

We'll keep on eye on it.
Wow, what a difference from earlier today until now.

Not to sound like Joe Biden, but now this is a big F-ing deal.
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
bkovach06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 3,956
Default

hmmm sounds about right, and haden fails a drug test, great start fellas!
bkovach06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
miller45452003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,675
Default

heard he's goin back under the knife for some minor clean up work. Set to return by Week 1 regular season
__________________
Buying Jason Kipnis from 2010 Bowman Chrome....any and all!!
miller45452003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterPattie View Post
Yeah it's not that big of a deal. The only concern is that he is a rookie, and he needs to see some action in a game before the regular season starts. I agree, you keep him out if there is any question at all. But if this thing prolongs itself into 2 weeks, 3 weeks, the entire preseason, that's not good.

We'll keep on eye on it.
Luckily running back is the easiest skill position to learn. It won't take much to get up to speed.
jamuser304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.