Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #201 (permalink)
Member
 
CALVINXLIONSX81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
Ray Rice is gonna be darn near ungettable boys. gonna take 2 firsts (current year and future year) and an HB to replenish my depth.
i can do that + Best and something else,
__________________
Dream Card - Purchased!
Ziggy is the Ansah!
CALVINXLIONSX81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #202 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,221
Default

lol crazy. i must have listed it too low. might have to work out a larger trade (involving 2 trades to complete like I did with the Colts)
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #203 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,221
Default

and Calvin, you offered me Best for a 3rd rounder- i know what kind of value you put on him already

think up a better deal hahahahaha
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #204 (permalink)
Member
 
newton615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: boston
Posts: 3,340
Default

Every reciever is on the block, as is Hernandez. I need an RB or a DE in return
__________________
In Bill We Trust
newton615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #205 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North East Ohio/ Pittsburgh Area
Posts: 1,144
Default

The Browns have also acquired rookie CB Dre Kirkpatick from the Bengals for Sheldon Brown and a draft pick
blowe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #206 (permalink)
Member
 
newton615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: boston
Posts: 3,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowe12 View Post
The Browns have also acquired rookie CB Dre Kirkpatick from the Bengals for Sheldon Brown and a draft pick
What is going on with these absolutely stupid trades, smdh
__________________
In Bill We Trust
newton615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #207 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,548
Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
What is going on with these absolutely stupid trades, smdh
how are they stupid? remember this is madden not real life. rookie cb with a longer contract and probably cheaper than who he got dealt for.
__________________
need to update but here's my bucket: s595.photobucket.com/albums/tt37/dustin9900/
Teams I collect: Atlanta Braves, South Carolina Gamecocks
Players I collect: Sidney Rice, Chipper Jones, Cal Ripken Jr., Nolan Ryan
dustin9900 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #208 (permalink)
Member
 
newton615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: boston
Posts: 3,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin9900 View Post
how are they stupid? remember this is madden not real life. rookie cb with a longer contract and probably cheaper than who he got dealt for.
Its stupid because it was a rookie for someone who will most likely retire at the end of the season and a draft pick. Thats taking a hell of a chance on the draft being solid enough to make up for losing a top 3 rookie CB
__________________
In Bill We Trust
newton615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #209 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,548
Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
Its stupid because it was a rookie for someone who will most likely retire at the end of the season and a draft pick. Thats taking a hell of a chance on the draft being solid enough to make up for losing a top 3 rookie CB
some people play for this year only others play for the future. I mean who's to say this league goes past a season or two? Then who made out better the guy who will probably make the playoffs with a "better" veteran squad or the one trying to build a team. Sooooo many different strategies to play online.
__________________
need to update but here's my bucket: s595.photobucket.com/albums/tt37/dustin9900/
Teams I collect: Atlanta Braves, South Carolina Gamecocks
Players I collect: Sidney Rice, Chipper Jones, Cal Ripken Jr., Nolan Ryan
dustin9900 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #210 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,548
Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900
Default

is he updating it right now or something my system has been retrieving data for a while now.
__________________
need to update but here's my bucket: s595.photobucket.com/albums/tt37/dustin9900/
Teams I collect: Atlanta Braves, South Carolina Gamecocks
Players I collect: Sidney Rice, Chipper Jones, Cal Ripken Jr., Nolan Ryan
dustin9900 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #211 (permalink)
Member
 
iBLeeDBaTTLeReD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 6,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin9900 View Post
some people play for this year only others play for the future. I mean who's to say this league goes past a season or two? Then who made out better the guy who will probably make the playoffs with a "better" veteran squad or the one trying to build a team. Sooooo many different strategies to play online.
I say it IS, but yea I dont understand all these trades either I mean the majority of the guys that are trading had first dibs on the teams so why choose a team you're going to dismantle?

Especially all these 1st round picks getting slung around like it means nothing, just the trading alone is making this feel "arcadey" which is not what i envisioned when creating this league. I just hope all of you who are making all these trades are planning on staying for the long haul and not drop out after the first season because it will be hard for me to find replacements when someone is choosing a team expecting at least the majority of original squad to be there.
__________________
TEXANS PC FOR SALE. PM ME FOR DETAILS. LOWBALLERS AND FLIPPERS STAY AWAY, THIS IS NOT A FIRESALE

Last edited by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD; 09-05-2012 at 10:23 PM.
iBLeeDBaTTLeReD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #212 (permalink)
Member
 
jason122883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,986
Default

I do want to make a trade or two to make my team better. I do plan on staying for the longhaul, so no worries on my moves.

With that said I really would like an upgrade at RB. I have BenJarvus I can move with a pick or another player for a better RB
__________________
LOOKING FOR STEFEN ROMERO BOWMAN CHROME
jason122883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #213 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North East Ohio/ Pittsburgh Area
Posts: 1,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post
I say it IS, but yea I dont understand all these trades either I mean the majority of the guys that are trading had first dibs on the teams so why choose a team you're going to dismantle?

Especially all these 1st round picks getting slung around like it means nothing, just the trading alone is making this feel "arcadey" which is not what i envisioned when creating this league. I just hope all of you who are making all these trades are planning on staying for the long haul and not drop out after the first season because it will be hard for me to find replacements when someone is choosing a team expecting for at least the majority of original squad to be there.
I am in it for the long haul, which is why I tried to acquire some guys who I know can play and help my youth movement: Dre Kirkpatrick, McMillian at FS. I am the browns, you have to expect me to try to get better.
blowe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #214 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post
I say it IS, but yea I dont understand all these trades either I mean the majority of the guys that are trading had first dibs on the teams so why choose a team you're going to dismantle?

Especially all these 1st round picks getting slung around like it means nothing, just the trading alone is making this feel "arcadey" which is not what i envisioned when creating this league. I just hope all of you who are making all these trades are planning on staying for the long haul and not drop out after the first season because it will be hard for me to find replacements when someone is choosing a team expecting at least the majority of original squad to be there.
You can count me in for the long haul!
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #215 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,548
Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900
Default

lol no worries here I have no 1st round picks....honestly I am one of those teams though that will be hurting soon, I have moss and fletcher who will in all likelyhood retire at seasons end. Would love to move them for a pick or young guy I can mold. I am a team builder I love to completely revamp a lineup. I am one of the few who hate the fact there is no more fantasy drafting when it comes to franchise mode. I want the league to last forever too but lets face it thats the way some teams play for this year and this year only. You can always rebuild in the offseason. I am ticked we can't sign free agents, I mean the computer teams are (heck they signed a center for me why the hell they didn't sign a DT is beyond me). OH well carry on. But I am one of those guys I will flip draft picks and veterans all day for good rookies. I don't care to do a lot of scouting so missing draft picks never bothered me.
__________________
need to update but here's my bucket: s595.photobucket.com/albums/tt37/dustin9900/
Teams I collect: Atlanta Braves, South Carolina Gamecocks
Players I collect: Sidney Rice, Chipper Jones, Cal Ripken Jr., Nolan Ryan
dustin9900 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #216 (permalink)
Member
 
iBLeeDBaTTLeReD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 6,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason122883 View Post
I do want to make a trade or two to make my team better. I do plan on staying for the longhaul, so no worries on my moves.

With that said I really would like an upgrade at RB. I have BenJarvus I can move with a pick or another player for a better RB
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowe12 View Post
I am in it for the long haul, which is why I tried to acquire some guys who I know can play and help my youth movement: Dre Kirkpatrick, McMillian at FS. I am the browns, you have to expect me to try to get better.
I understand you guys making moves you had to just choose the left overs. I'm talking about others who chose teams when everyone was available and now are talking about moving star players around. I cant imagine playing a Lions team with no Megatron,Ravens team with no Ray Rice & Ed Reed,etc. etc. I guess i have a different view on the game, I like to keep it as real to the NFL as possible which is why i usually dont make many trades. I mean i cant see myself trading off AJ,Arian,or Cushing for anyone, thats the face of my franchise and would feel weird,lol.
__________________
TEXANS PC FOR SALE. PM ME FOR DETAILS. LOWBALLERS AND FLIPPERS STAY AWAY, THIS IS NOT A FIRESALE
iBLeeDBaTTLeReD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #217 (permalink)
Member
 
jason122883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,986
Default

I hear that. Had I gotten the Lions I wouldnt be moving any big names
__________________
LOOKING FOR STEFEN ROMERO BOWMAN CHROME
jason122883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #218 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,548
Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900
Default

now i won't be moving rgIII or anything but someone like hightower, moss or fletcher sure. Hell hightower isn't even on the team anymore. Would I trade megatron or any of the big name guys probably not But reality is this is like a fantasy football league I would rather see activity like we have then no one doing anything other than playing games.
__________________
need to update but here's my bucket: s595.photobucket.com/albums/tt37/dustin9900/
Teams I collect: Atlanta Braves, South Carolina Gamecocks
Players I collect: Sidney Rice, Chipper Jones, Cal Ripken Jr., Nolan Ryan
dustin9900 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #219 (permalink)
Member
 
iBLeeDBaTTLeReD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 6,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin9900 View Post
now i won't be moving rgIII or anything but someone like hightower, moss or fletcher sure. Hell hightower isn't even on the team anymore. Would I trade megatron or any of the big name guys probably not But reality is this is like a fantasy football league I would rather see activity like we have then no one doing anything other than playing games.
I'm not complaining about the activity, thats awesome I welcome it. I just dont understand some of these moves, if i wanted to play fantasy football I'd play Madden Ultimate TEam not Connected Careers. All good though just stay active man and lets keep this thing going. I will be advancing in the morning when I get off of work...I'm out!
__________________
TEXANS PC FOR SALE. PM ME FOR DETAILS. LOWBALLERS AND FLIPPERS STAY AWAY, THIS IS NOT A FIRESALE
iBLeeDBaTTLeReD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #220 (permalink)
Member
 
Phenomenal TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 365
Default

Phins, Cards & Rams the only open teams?
__________________
http://s1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg555/TJ5771/Football/
Phenomenal TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #221 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,548
Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900
Default

thought there were 4.....take the cards, other than the fact you have no qb the rest of the team ain't bad. Or the rams where you have a qb rb and no wr or defense. dolphins well thats just a damn mess you don't really have much of anything.
__________________
need to update but here's my bucket: s595.photobucket.com/albums/tt37/dustin9900/
Teams I collect: Atlanta Braves, South Carolina Gamecocks
Players I collect: Sidney Rice, Chipper Jones, Cal Ripken Jr., Nolan Ryan
dustin9900 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #222 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North East Ohio/ Pittsburgh Area
Posts: 1,144
Default

Can someone explain to me why the rams signed Plaxico Burress and Ryan Longwell...? Read the rules of the league man. You can't just go and sign whomever you want.
blowe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #223 (permalink)
Member
 
newton615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: boston
Posts: 3,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowe12 View Post
Can someone explain to me why the rams signed Plaxico Burress and Ryan Longwell...? Read the rules of the league man. You can't just go and sign whomever you want.
Thats the computer man, cant control it
__________________
In Bill We Trust
newton615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #224 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North East Ohio/ Pittsburgh Area
Posts: 1,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
Thats the computer man, cant control it
No its not...its an XBL account- username Blazzed 4 420. Unless those signings were already done a couple of weeks ago? Idk. Someone help me out here.
blowe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #225 (permalink)
Member
 
newton615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: boston
Posts: 3,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowe12 View Post
No its not...its an XBL account- username Blazzed 4 420. Unless those signings were already done a couple of weeks ago? Idk. Someone help me out here.
My bad I was going by the OP, it says Rams still available. He might just not know the rules or the computer did it. Either way its an easy fix
__________________
In Bill We Trust
newton615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.