Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #201 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
Ray Rice is gonna be darn near ungettable boys. gonna take 2 firsts (current year and future year) and an HB to replenish my depth.
i can do that + Best and something else,
Old 09-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #202 (permalink)

lol crazy. i must have listed it too low. might have to work out a larger trade (involving 2 trades to complete like I did with the Colts)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #203 (permalink)

and Calvin, you offered me Best for a 3rd rounder- i know what kind of value you put on him already

think up a better deal hahahahaha

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #204 (permalink)

Every reciever is on the block, as is Hernandez. I need an RB or a DE in return
Old 09-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #205 (permalink)
Banned

The Browns have also acquired rookie CB Dre Kirkpatick from the Bengals for Sheldon Brown and a draft pick
blowe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #206 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowe12 View Post
The Browns have also acquired rookie CB Dre Kirkpatick from the Bengals for Sheldon Brown and a draft pick
What is going on with these absolutely stupid trades, smdh
Old 09-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #207 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
What is going on with these absolutely stupid trades, smdh
how are they stupid? remember this is madden not real life. rookie cb with a longer contract and probably cheaper than who he got dealt for.
dustin9900 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #208 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin9900 View Post
how are they stupid? remember this is madden not real life. rookie cb with a longer contract and probably cheaper than who he got dealt for.
Its stupid because it was a rookie for someone who will most likely retire at the end of the season and a draft pick. Thats taking a hell of a chance on the draft being solid enough to make up for losing a top 3 rookie CB
Old 09-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #209 (permalink)

Quote:
Its stupid because it was a rookie for someone who will most likely retire at the end of the season and a draft pick. Thats taking a hell of a chance on the draft being solid enough to make up for losing a top 3 rookie CB
some people play for this year only others play for the future. I mean who's to say this league goes past a season or two? Then who made out better the guy who will probably make the playoffs with a "better" veteran squad or the one trying to build a team. Sooooo many different strategies to play online.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #210 (permalink)

is he updating it right now or something my system has been retrieving data for a while now.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #211 (permalink)

Quote:
some people play for this year only others play for the future. I mean who's to say this league goes past a season or two? Then who made out better the guy who will probably make the playoffs with a "better" veteran squad or the one trying to build a team. Sooooo many different strategies to play online.
I say it IS, but yea I dont understand all these trades either I mean the majority of the guys that are trading had first dibs on the teams so why choose a team you're going to dismantle?

Especially all these 1st round picks getting slung around like it means nothing, just the trading alone is making this feel "arcadey" which is not what i envisioned when creating this league. I just hope all of you who are making all these trades are planning on staying for the long haul and not drop out after the first season because it will be hard for me to find replacements when someone is choosing a team expecting at least the majority of original squad to be there.

Last edited by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD; 09-05-2012 at 10:23 PM.
iBLeeDBaTTLeReD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #212 (permalink)

I do want to make a trade or two to make my team better. I do plan on staying for the longhaul, so no worries on my moves.

With that said I really would like an upgrade at RB. I have BenJarvus I can move with a pick or another player for a better RB
Old 09-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #213 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post
I say it IS, but yea I dont understand all these trades either I mean the majority of the guys that are trading had first dibs on the teams so why choose a team you're going to dismantle?

Especially all these 1st round picks getting slung around like it means nothing, just the trading alone is making this feel "arcadey" which is not what i envisioned when creating this league. I just hope all of you who are making all these trades are planning on staying for the long haul and not drop out after the first season because it will be hard for me to find replacements when someone is choosing a team expecting for at least the majority of original squad to be there.
I am in it for the long haul, which is why I tried to acquire some guys who I know can play and help my youth movement: Dre Kirkpatrick, McMillian at FS. I am the browns, you have to expect me to try to get better.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #214 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post

Especially all these 1st round picks getting slung around like it means nothing, just the trading alone is making this feel "arcadey" which is not what i envisioned when creating this league. I just hope all of you who are making all these trades are planning on staying for the long haul and not drop out after the first season because it will be hard for me to find replacements when someone is choosing a team expecting at least the majority of original squad to be there.
You can count me in for the long haul!
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #215 (permalink)

lol no worries here I have no 1st round picks....honestly I am one of those teams though that will be hurting soon, I have moss and fletcher who will in all likelyhood retire at seasons end. Would love to move them for a pick or young guy I can mold. I am a team builder I love to completely revamp a lineup. I am one of the few who hate the fact there is no more fantasy drafting when it comes to franchise mode. I want the league to last forever too but lets face it thats the way some teams play for this year and this year only. You can always rebuild in the offseason. I am ticked we can't sign free agents, I mean the computer teams are (heck they signed a center for me why the hell they didn't sign a DT is beyond me). OH well carry on. But I am one of those guys I will flip draft picks and veterans all day for good rookies. I don't care to do a lot of scouting so missing draft picks never bothered me.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #216 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason122883 View Post
I do want to make a trade or two to make my team better. I do plan on staying for the longhaul, so no worries on my moves.

With that said I really would like an upgrade at RB. I have BenJarvus I can move with a pick or another player for a better RB
Quote:
I am in it for the long haul, which is why I tried to acquire some guys who I know can play and help my youth movement: Dre Kirkpatrick, McMillian at FS. I am the browns, you have to expect me to try to get better.
I understand you guys making moves you had to just choose the left overs. I'm talking about others who chose teams when everyone was available and now are talking about moving star players around. I cant imagine playing a Lions team with no Megatron,Ravens team with no Ray Rice & Ed Reed,etc. etc. I guess i have a different view on the game, I like to keep it as real to the NFL as possible which is why i usually dont make many trades. I mean i cant see myself trading off AJ,Arian,or Cushing for anyone, thats the face of my franchise and would feel weird,lol.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #217 (permalink)

I hear that. Had I gotten the Lions I wouldnt be moving any big names
Old 09-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #218 (permalink)

now i won't be moving rgIII or anything but someone like hightower, moss or fletcher sure. Hell hightower isn't even on the team anymore. Would I trade megatron or any of the big name guys probably not But reality is this is like a fantasy football league I would rather see activity like we have then no one doing anything other than playing games.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #219 (permalink)

Quote:
now i won't be moving rgIII or anything but someone like hightower, moss or fletcher sure. Hell hightower isn't even on the team anymore. Would I trade megatron or any of the big name guys probably not But reality is this is like a fantasy football league I would rather see activity like we have then no one doing anything other than playing games.
I'm not complaining about the activity, thats awesome I welcome it. I just dont understand some of these moves, if i wanted to play fantasy football I'd play Madden Ultimate TEam not Connected Careers. All good though just stay active man and lets keep this thing going. I will be advancing in the morning when I get off of work...I'm out!
Old 09-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #220 (permalink)

Phins, Cards & Rams the only open teams?
Old 09-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #221 (permalink)

thought there were 4.....take the cards, other than the fact you have no qb the rest of the team ain't bad. Or the rams where you have a qb rb and no wr or defense. dolphins well thats just a damn mess you don't really have much of anything.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #222 (permalink)
Banned

Can someone explain to me why the rams signed Plaxico Burress and Ryan Longwell...? Read the rules of the league man. You can't just go and sign whomever you want.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #223 (permalink)

Quote:
Can someone explain to me why the rams signed Plaxico Burress and Ryan Longwell...? Read the rules of the league man. You can't just go and sign whomever you want.
Thats the computer man, cant control it
Old 09-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #224 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Thats the computer man, cant control it
No its not...its an XBL account- username Blazzed 4 420. Unless those signings were already done a couple of weeks ago? Idk. Someone help me out here.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #225 (permalink)

Quote:
No its not...its an XBL account- username Blazzed 4 420. Unless those signings were already done a couple of weeks ago? Idk. Someone help me out here.
My bad I was going by the OP, it says Rams still available. He might just not know the rules or the computer did it. Either way its an easy fix