Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default RG3 Finest Superfractor sells for $3,100

Some guy on here was saying there were offers of $4,500 being declined. Either those were inaccurate or the seller waited too long and lost a ton of money. I think the first option is probably most accurate.

Topps Finest Robert Griffin 1/1 Superfractor Washington Redskins Rookie Auto | eBay
pejc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

For $3100 i can buy alot of graded 9.5 cards.But,if thats what the person wants to spend their money on,go for it

I cant let myself in the hype.Every year and every sport you get those 2-4 players with all this hype and people put out crazy money.Whats the success rate of this players long term?

Now on the other hand if i could have that card for say $500,i would go for it cause i know i could make a profit off it easy.

I remember When Flair came out with the first 1/1 cards.And some guy bought one of the Ken Griffey jr one's for like $20,000.Could that guy get that price today?More than likely not.And he had a great career,no rings but a great career.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejc300 View Post
Some guy on here was saying there were offers of $4,500 being declined. Either those were inaccurate or the seller waited too long and lost a ton of money. I think the first option is probably most accurate.

Topps Finest Robert Griffin 1/1 Superfractor Washington Redskins Rookie Auto | eBay

He did decline $4500 off ebay and then we bought it for 3100 on ebay to protect ourselves, he waited to long and needed the money so had to accept. I already know a local guy who will pay 4K, so easy flip.

We never saw this on his auction-"Do not ask me to make a deal away from eBay because It won't happen."

Last edited by ebacardi2; 08-29-2012 at 10:46 AM.
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
He did decline $4500 off ebay and then we bought it for 3100 on ebay to protect ourselves, he waited to long and needed the money so had to accept. I already know a local guy who will pay 4K, so easy flip.

We never saw this on his auction-"Do not ask me to make a deal away from eBay because It won't happen."

If this card sold for this much, how much will the Topps Chome Super auto sell for??? I know it depends on how well he plays in the first couple months of the season, but geeze it could sell for $5k+ IMO.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:

You just contradicted yourself sixteen times.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
I had to read it 3-4 times before I understood him lol, but I am a blonde so that may be why
Old 08-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:

Ya but does your wife know?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

man its deep in here. Have to go put on my crap boots and come back
Old 08-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Why on earth would he decline 4,500 off line if paid as goods? That makes zero sense, post office covers him up to 5k, just make sure address is confirmed. That is the most absurd thing I have read in a while from a seller.

And if you get 4k, make the "easy" flip...it is not a 4k card IMO. Aren't you the guy who has the Cam super supposedly?
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
Why on earth would he decline 4,500 off line if paid as goods? That makes zero sense, post office covers him up to 5k, just make sure address is confirmed. That is the most absurd thing I have read in a while from a seller.

And if you get 4k, make the "easy" flip...it is not a 4k card IMO. Aren't you the guy who has the Cam super supposedly?
Absolutley agree. I think this is the same guy who started a thread about how he was going to win the Demarco super last year. If I remember correctly it was quite comical.

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss

Quote:
I call BS once again. you are always lying about cards you don't have or "pulled" for whatever reason. scumbag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
"We" = ebacardi2 and his imaginary friend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
man its deep in here. Have to go put on my crap boots and come back

Quote:
LOLOLOLOL. what a joke ebacardi is. Thomas Fish owns the Cam.
Jenkinssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #12 (permalink)

Got to admit. I wanted to see that sell for a bit more. Top 15(?) card in the product when you consider the other Griffin/Luck variant superfractors + multi-auto cards.

Wonder which Griffin buyers will deem most valuable. I'd rank:

1) Finest Moment at the bottom due to the sticker placement.
2) Think the top would be either be the Jumbo Relic (least "intrusive sticker IMO + patch) or the Atomic Rookie (on card auto).
FanboyOfNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanboyOfNone View Post
Got to admit. I wanted to see that sell for a bit more. Top 15(?) card in the product when you consider the other Griffin/Luck variant superfractors + multi-auto cards.

Wonder which Griffin buyers will deem most valuable. I'd rank:

1) Finest Moment at the bottom due to the sticker placement.
2) Think the top would be either be the Jumbo Relic (least "intrusive sticker IMO + patch) or the Atomic Rookie (on card auto).
The atomic to me at least is the most valuable, others all run together to much. Variety is the spice of life, the finest moments super is meh...
Old 08-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
The atomic to me at least is the most valuable, others all run together to much. Variety is the spice of life, the finest moments super is meh...
Makes sense to me. I'm sure that'll be an amazing card.

Would you rank the Jumbo Relic superfractor higher than the base at least? Curious because it vaguely applies to me.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanboyOfNone View Post
Makes sense to me. I'm sure that'll be an amazing card.

Would you rank the Jumbo Relic superfractor higher than the base at least? Curious because it vaguely applies to me.
Sure the jumbo relic has more appeal to me personally, but that is my opinion. it would be the atomic, the relic, base super then the finest moments if i were wanting to judge them for my collection, everyone is different though
Old 08-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:

idk man. if everyone called me out for BS i'm pretty sure i would prove i owned the cards i claimed to. can be proven with a simple screen shot of your purchase history in ebay.
bigbensbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:

And does this guy live under a rock and is unable to use ebay for himself?
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Sure the jumbo relic has more appeal to me personally, but that is my opinion. it would be the atomic, the relic, base super then the finest moments if i were wanting to judge them for my collection, everyone is different though
Thanks for your viewpoint! It'll certainly help a little when I try to market my card on eBay.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:

Cool story bro
Andrew Luck
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

the card will be down too a 1000 bucks after he flops this year lol
cardboardkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #21 (permalink)

The seller waited too long? lmao, the seller might want to jump off a bridge if RG3 has one hell of a first game
Cubs_rock21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
The seller waited too long? lmao, the seller might want to jump off a bridge if RG3 has one hell of a first game
big game or not, only a handful of guys going to shell out 3,100 for that card or more IMO
Old 08-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #23 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

He waited to long and needed the money?
Old 08-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #24 (permalink)

Lol@the replies

Tons of sellers always say 'I've declined higher offers of xxxx,' especially after receiving offers on ebay, to entice potential buyers to buy for more.

It's a simple sales strategy. Most likely, he'd never received an offer over 2k before he got that 3100 offer, so he took it up in an instant.

Nobody in their right mind would turn down 4500 only to accept 3100 later...that's just simple logic.

Still think he should have done a 7 day no reserve, probably would have gotten more.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:

But the real question is.....Did you pay for your purchase this time?
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote