Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 10:43 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles01987 View Post
Good points, but I don't think the Eagles would've signed him if they didn't have confidence in his ability, and let's face it, he has a lot of ability. He may not have been the greatest QB, but a QB rushing for 1,000 yards? There are some RBs that don't even do that.
He has ability, but to be away from the game for 2 years, that is a long time.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:46 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
He has ability, but to be away from the game for 2 years, that is a long time.
True, but his kind of ability you can't teach. He will be rusty of course, but he will be back to form.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:50 PM   #28 (permalink)

Vick got punished severely with his jail sentence. Compare that to the 30 Days that Donte Stallworth got for killing someone when he was driving drunk.

I am willing to give Mike Vick another chance. Hopefully he is up to the media circus that will descend upon him and the Eagles.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
hog
Banned

Ok two years that is crap. I dont want to put this as an example but how long do you think you would be in jail if you all did it?
hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:55 PM   #30 (permalink)

Honestly, with today's justice system + overcrowded jails = probation!! I'm not kidding either brotha, trust me! I've been in the business (good guy side) for over ten years and that's how it is. They made an example out of Vick!
Old 08-13-2009, 10:56 PM   #31 (permalink)

It doesn't matter if we did that and in fact it would not have changed the outcome of the verdict. This was a federal case.....Doesn't matter who did what. The only difference is how much he had for attorney fees and how little you or I would have had. Him being Michael Vick did not create a lesser sentence by any means.
ibleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:57 PM   #32 (permalink)

I LOVE the fact that a kid from New Jersey of all places is calling Philadelphia "Philthy"
Old 08-13-2009, 10:58 PM   #33 (permalink)
hog
Banned

I quess i feel alot diffrent but i hope he gets hurt and is out for the season and longer. Because he does not deserve the right to play the game of football.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:59 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
It doesn't matter if we did that and in fact it would not have changed the outcome of the verdict. This was a federal case.....Doesn't matter who did what. The only difference is how much he had for attorney fees and how little you or I would have had. Him being Michael Vick did not create a lesser sentence by any means.
Yep, another good point. If this had been a state or district court case, he would have done less time.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:01 PM   #35 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Quote:
I LOVE the fact that a kid from New Jersey of all places is calling Philadelphia "Philthy"
Transplanted into Jersey via central NY. Gotta go where the $$ is

As far as the question about what we would get if it were one of us, I think it would be less.

Oh yea, I'm not a kid buddy
Old 08-13-2009, 11:04 PM   #36 (permalink)

Any chance vick has a good year and is named "NFL comeback player of the year"?
mrknife79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:16 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hog View Post
I quess i feel alot diffrent but i hope he gets hurt and is out for the season and longer. Because he does not deserve the right to play the game of football.
He has a right to make a living and football is how Michael Vick makes a living. If they gave him eight years you animal-rights people would've wanted 10, if they gave him 15 you would've wanted 20, you don't care about Michael Vick, and you don't care about his dogs, you just care about the opportunity to get your faces on TV so you can put your issues forward.

You think this helps your cause, this doesn't, the longer you guys go out there and act like fools, the closer you get to damning your cause.

It's all about creating a class of people who have been maligned or in your case the class of animals whose rights have been maligned and then transferred to people who love animals, claim they've been discriminated against, and then demanding tribute from the rest of us who work for a living.

Why don't you crawl under the rock that you came out from under and never post here again? That would be the most humane thing you could do.

Go Eagles!!!
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:22 PM   #38 (permalink)
hog
Banned

I did not come out from a rock. That is how i feel you dont have to post what you did. Go DL for con-vick!!!
No more said from me that is how i feel.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:23 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by washingtonmark View Post
Just Came Accross Espn, as a eagles fan I am thrilled.
So is PETA..
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:37 PM   #40 (permalink)

Hey pskell not arguing or anything and didnt mean to be disrespectful. Its just a good debate topic and everyone is gonna have left and right opinions.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey pskell not arguing or anything and didnt mean to be disrespectful. Its just a good debate topic and everyone is gonna have left and right opinions.
No worries. Just bustin chops a little
Old 08-13-2009, 11:52 PM   #42 (permalink)

I'm happy for Vick I think most forget that these athloetes rap women and some even committ man slaughter and Vick gets one of the more harsher punishments.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:10 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbellis74 View Post
Just heard this......

McNabb has to be pissed
Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Over/under 1.5 years - Vick takes starting job from McNabb.
JB - McNabb supposedly was involved in "recruiting" Vick to come here. Supposedly McNabb showed Vick around Syracuse when Vick was being recruited and they are pretty tight.

PSkell - did you watch Vick throw the football BEFORE he sat out 2 years ? He makes McNabb look Aikman-like accurate. Obviously Kevin Kolb hasn't been the answer to replace an aging McNabb since they wasted a 2nd round pick on him but neither is Vick. No way, no how.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:46 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hog View Post
Well MR. PERFECT. You've never mad a mistake?
Old 08-14-2009, 01:53 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
Well MR. PERFECT. You've never mad a mistake?
Of course not, hes like 12 and his mother moderates every move he makes...including key strokes

Bam - Vick has a tremendous arm, his accuracy is the problem, so I agree with you there. Part of it may be to blame on the crappy teams he played for. He never really had much in terms of a receiving corps and spent most of his time scrambling for his life, much like his dogs (just for you hog ). I could honestly see the Eagles making a McNabb salary dump after this season if Vick shows any promise. Andy Reed may be behind him...but is the ownership group behind Andy?
Old 08-14-2009, 02:00 AM   #46 (permalink)

I don't wanna make another thread but BJ raji signed with the pack for 5 years and 20 something mil. Vick was a good pick up here
Old 08-14-2009, 02:03 AM   #47 (permalink)

Vick will be nothing more then an experiment for Reid in gimmick plays this year because he hasn't a clue about the offense Reid runs. Reid will put in a few plays for Vick and Vick will get a paycheck....whoopie ! They were going to be stacked without him on offense so this is only a big deal for the media.

Barring injury, the Eagles will make another NFC title game and possibly a Super Bowl and lose once again. For as good a coach as Reid has been in Philly he never seems to learn from his mistakes and his arrogance is his downfall.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:16 AM   #48 (permalink)
ND3

Bammer the rate eagles players are getting injured it is going to be a long season. 11 guys injured already. Sure some aren't serious but being that banged up to start the season is a b_tch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Vick will be nothing more then an experiment for Reid in gimmick plays this year because he hasn't a clue about the offense Reid runs. Reid will put in a few plays for Vick and Vick will get a paycheck....whoopie ! They were going to be stacked without him on offense so this is only a big deal for the media.

Barring injury, the Eagles will make another NFC title game and possibly a Super Bowl and lose once again. For as good a coach as Reid has been in Philly he never seems to learn from his mistakes and his arrogance is his downfall.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:43 AM   #49 (permalink)

Default vich paid his dues

no one will ever come close to losing what michael vick lost over dog fighting... his case will be the biggest punishment ever for dog fighting

if anyone of us on this board got charged on the same thing we would not be close 2 years and 100 million plus...

anyways he should play and hope he does great, sometimes the harder you fall the harder you bounce

It was not until 1976 dog fighting that it was outlawed in all states and even then, enforcement was generally lax

also

In 2007 the U.S. Congress passed a federal law against interstate dog fighting activities, providing for felony-level penalties including multi-year prison sentences and large fines for each offense; passage of this law was followed by the involvement of the Inspector General's Office of the U.S. Department of Agriculture in ongoing investigations around the country.
bostonwhaler16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:00 AM   #50 (permalink)
hog
Banned

This just in Con-Vick.
I was watching my espn about 5 minutes ago. I saw the there was a statment made by Wayne Pacelle. He said that he saw Con-Vick at a event with young kids teaching them that dog fighting is wrong. Ok why would he do that i will tell you why because he wants people to look at him diffrent from what he did wrong. He does not care about animals at all. He is just trying to look like the good guy. Con- Vick need to get his head out of his butt. I have no respect for him at all. And 2 years in jail what in the ___ was that judge thinking. Money just the money not his job. What he got was a slap on the hand.
And agian this is what i think about this.

EDIT: And what i said last night was out of line about him getting hurt i dont wish that on anybody. Enough said by me.

Last edited by hog; 08-14-2009 at 09:48 AM.