Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 08:00 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Vick will be nothing more then an experiment for Reid in gimmick plays this year because he hasn't a clue about the offense Reid runs. Reid will put in a few plays for Vick and Vick will get a paycheck....whoopie ! They were going to be stacked without him on offense so this is only a big deal for the media.

Barring injury, the Eagles will make another NFC title game and possibly a Super Bowl and lose once again. For as good a coach as Reid has been in Philly he never seems to learn from his mistakes and his arrogance is his downfall.
Your right on Bam Bam Vick has come in on the cheap and will run the wildcat. As long as MCnabb stays healthy he is the future of the Eagles. I would not be surprised if Vick is with a different team in 2010
blackandgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hog View Post
This just in Con-Vick.
I was watching my espn about 5 minutes ago. I saw the there was a statment made by Wayne Pacelle. He said that he saw Con-Vick at a event with young kids teaching them that dog fighting is wrong. Ok why would he do that i will tell you why because he wants people to look at him diffrent from what he did wrong. He does not care about animals at all. He is just trying to look like the good guy. Con- Vick need to get his head out of his butt. I have no respect for him at all. And 2 years in jail what in the ___ was that judge thinking. Money just the money not his job. What he got was a slap on the hand.
And agian this is what i think about this.

EDIT: And what i said last night was out of line about him getting hurt i dont wish that on anybody. Enough said by me.

Of course he wants to look like a good guy who spent the last two years in jail. If I'm his PR guy was the first thing I do. I don't call two years of jail slap on the hand, especially when Dante Stallworth gets less than 30 days for killing another human being.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:16 AM   #53 (permalink)
hog
Banned

He sould have got more time alot more time than Con-Vick. I think he should have got the 15 years but he didnt.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:48 AM   #54 (permalink)

as an eagles fan, I have no idea what to think. I believe he deserves a chance, but I don't want him starting in front of McNabb

11.27.09 The REAL day Blowout Blewup
buckeyefan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:12 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan32 View Post
as an eagles fan, I have no idea what to think. I believe he deserves a chance, but I don't want him starting in front of McNabb
There's no way that'll happen, unless McNabb goes down.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:50 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hog View Post
He sould have got more time alot more time than Con-Vick. I think he should have got the 15 years but he didnt.
i hope you dont ever do anything to end up in prison i have a brother and a step father who both did time in prison and everything i have been told is that it is probley the worst place to be and 2 years is a very long time in prison especially for what he did...so like i said i hope you never go cause to me it seems like you think it is a walk in the park and it is far from it. prison doesnt change everyone but it does some folks. the whole thing about him teaching kids about the wrong in dog fighting that is something that peta and many people wanted to see him do is try to educate the youth and teach them not to make the same mistakes he has...just the same as a ex gang member talikng to kids about not joining gangs. kids tend to listen more to a person who had personal involvement in the situation they are trying to preach about.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #57 (permalink)

guys i hate to say it, but arguin with this moron will get you nowhere...

he obviosuly has no clue and im hoping for his sake is young...he cant form complete sentences or thoughts, much less put together a whole argument and spell things correctly.

I look at the situation this way (and i am a dog lover and have had several in my life) what he did to the dogs was downright cruel, and i do not like the actions...HOWEVER...unlike Hogs mentality, dogs are not like humans and to think that is absolutely absurd...because follow me here...if thats your thinking are you a vegetarian?? because dogs should be treated the same as cats as treated the same as cows as treated the same as pigs etc etc..anddont try and use the whole but those animals were meant to be killed for food....because if you follow that mentality(as well as the dogs have rights to thing) who said they were meant to be killed for food? were you around when God (or whoever your religous leader is) made Earth and all the animals and it was commanded these animals must be eaten?

anyways hopefully you can see the fault in your thinking

as far as my original point-i think his case had more to do with the whole illegal interstate gambling ring than the actual killing of the dogs..but then again i could be wrong

he paid his price and hopefully he has truly learned his lesson..but to say he shouldnt be allowed to play football...why not? as pointed out on FSN radio last night i believe-football is a game for entertainment purposes...yeah thepoepl who play it get paid a ton of money..but its still just a hobby/entertainment thing so why should we stop him from doing what he loves..thatd be like telling a card dealer that he can no longer buy/sell/trade or make a living dealing with cards because they were in jail for however long...i think most of the negativity is aimed that hes making "big time" money again, not that hesplaying a game he obviously loves
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #58 (permalink)
hog
Banned

I see you point. Thanks for putting it out there.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #59 (permalink)

good points cdub
Old 08-14-2009, 05:12 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Vick got punished severely with his jail sentence. Compare that to the 30 Days that Donte Stallworth got for killing someone when he was driving drunk.

I am willing to give Mike Vick another chance. Hopefully he is up to the media circus that will descend upon him and the Eagles.
Classy well thought out post 37Jetson

Vick did his time let him play. There are worst still walking around free.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:11 PM   #61 (permalink)

Its a good day. I wont celebrate yet though, lets see if they keep him first. Then Go Eagles.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:41 AM   #62 (permalink)

I've always liked Vick. He is what the league should be about... explosive and fun-to-watch action! His legal matters have made everything a PR disaster, but I'm glad to see him back in the league. Im ready to be entertained once more