Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 01:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fantasy Draft Results..Tell Me What You Think!

QB - Matt Cassel
WR - Greg Jennings
WR - Steve Breaston
RB - Steve Slaton
RB - Jonathan Stewart
TE - Brent Celek
K - Garret Hartley
DEF - Minnesota

Bench:
RB - TJ Duckett
WR - Bobby Engram
QB - Jason Campbell, Luke McCown
1 Empty Spot

How is my team? and anyone want to guess how many teams are in this league?
Lebron2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:23 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron2010 View Post
QB - Matt Cassel
WR - Greg Jennings
WR - Steve Breaston
RB - Steve Slaton
RB - Jonathan Stewart
TE - Brent Celek
K - Garret Hartley
DEF - Minnesota

Bench:
RB - TJ Duckett
WR - Bobby Engram
QB - Jason Campbell, Luke McCown
1 Empty Spot

How is my team? and anyone want to guess how many teams are in this league?
I think you're in trouble at QB. Matt Cassel had Randy Moss, Wes Welker, etc. to throw to in NE, now he has...Dwayne Bowe. And Jason Campbell isn't known for great numbers either. At RB, not sure how much work Stewart gets, but Slaton should be involved in the offense quite a bit. Your best pick is the Minnesota defense. They should be one of the top units again in the NFC...
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Gotta be at least a 16 team league if Breaston is your 2nd WR
Old 08-14-2009, 01:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

20 teams...i thought i did well considering the # of teams there were...
Old 08-14-2009, 01:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

and i had 15th pick
Old 08-14-2009, 01:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron2010 View Post
20 teams...i thought i did well considering the # of teams there were...
I was gonna say...if it were say a 10-team league that's a bad roster but with 20 I guess I can understand...
Old 08-14-2009, 02:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
I think you're in trouble at QB. Matt Cassel had Randy Moss, Wes Welker, etc. to throw to in NE, now he has...Dwayne Bowe. And Jason Campbell isn't known for great numbers either. At RB, not sure how much work Stewart gets, but Slaton should be involved in the offense quite a bit. Your best pick is the Minnesota defense. They should be one of the top units again in the NFC...

Cassel as of right now doesn't even have Bowe. According to espn Bowe is doing so bad in camp he is a third string wr right now. Hopefully he will get his act together.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

ok before i get to your team..i have 1 question..why would anybody want to be in such a saturated league to begin with? i would think that 12 would be max, maybe 14 but that would be pushing it...theres no way for the lower drafting teams to get a remote chance of anybody solid, but thats just my opinion...

cant really say 2 much about your team without knowing who you took whre and what other options there were. but

im guessing and hoping you went Slaton, Stewart in the first 2 Rounds..cuz if not im pretty sure you couldve gotten plenty of better WRs in either round than what your stuck with

i think you might work out ok given the number of teams in your league though

Cassel-while not the best option is either gonna be boom or bust..KC is garbage again this year and odds are hes gonna be like Brees-ie down almost every game so have to just sling and sling and sling..not too fond of Campbell as a back up though

RBs while not studs, are solid...Slaton has plenty of potential as the feature back, and JStew will gt plenty of touches in Carolina..Duckett might be a sleeper as ive read hes shown up intense in camp and lost weight and eyeing more playing time

WRs-ouch..definately your weak point...Jennings should be decent, but Breaston as a number 2 could be risky..and Engram as back-up is just ugly

Kicker is a Kicker...and Defense as long as the Williams Towers are good to go should be one of the top Ds again this year

TE is kind of a toss up..you usually have your top 3-4 and everybody else is just ehh..long as you get 5 yards, or a TD, or combo thats bout average...but have read that Celek is highly improved, and Ingram is out for the season so should see plenty of action...

good luck
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Ouch too many teams in that league bro!
Old 08-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

I do a 14 & a 16 team league.

Makes you actually have to think when you draft,instead of more or less going with no brainers throughout alot of the draft
Old 08-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
I do a 14 & a 16 team league.

Makes you actually have to think when you draft,instead of more or less going with no brainers throughout alot of the draft
Even with 10 teams you're still going to have some lesser names on there. Not like you could have a team of Pro Bowlers...
Old 08-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

10 team leagues are a joke. Everyone is guaranteed at least 1 stud per position. No thought process is involved
Old 08-14-2009, 03:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

ok as to the last responses about 10 man leagues...

first of all, isnt it why this is called "fantasy football"? key word being fantasy...when this first started on the net-or hell even in the yearly Madden NFL football game (although more in depth) that was the whole point...you could have whoever you wanted on your team

why does there neccessarily have to be thinking involved? your logic doesnt make much sense...you still have to rely on your "stud at every position" to produce...just because they are big name players or what not doesnt gaurantee them theyll put up the numbers, not get injured etc...thats what waiver wires, trades etc are for...if your doing a "money" league wouldnt you want less teams in a sense, that way you get said stud players and have a better shot at winning, instead of "thinking about every selection" and having so many teams you end up with second/third tier players and hoping for the best? doesnt make much sense to me
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

My leagues are both money leagues, and it's alot more of a sweet victory putting a team together that requires some thought, as opposed to having a ton of studs sitting on the board in say round 6 of a 10 team league.

The bigger the league, the smarter you have to be. A smaller league does not involve nearly the amount of thinking a larger does.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

Arguments sake,the top 40 or so players,in no particular order

AP,Forte,MJD,DeAngelo Williams,S.Jackson,LT,Chris Johnson,Gore,M.Turner,Westbrook,Slaton,M.Barber,B.Jacobs,Portis,R.Grant

Fitz,Andre Johnson,Calvin Johnson,Moss,TO,Wayne,Greg Jennings,Roddy White,Coslton,Steve Smith,Welker,Brandon Marshall,Boldin,Housh,Ochocino

Brady,Brees,Manning,Rodgers,Warner,Rivers.

Where's the competition if every team has say 3-4 of these players? There is none

It's easy to flip a coin between TO & Brandon Marshall,not that much thought required

Alot more goes into it when you HAVE to choos between say a Kevin Walter or a Josh Morgan for a 3rd WR in a 14 team league where you HAVE to start 3 WR's
Old 08-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #16 (permalink)

Horrible, just horrible...
jdb34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:47 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
My leagues are both money leagues, and it's alot more of a sweet victory putting a team together that requires some thought, as opposed to having a ton of studs sitting on the board in say round 6 of a 10 team league.

The bigger the league, the smarter you have to be. A smaller league does not involve nearly the amount of thinking a larger does.
There aren't "a ton of studs" left in the sixth round of a 10-team league...
Old 08-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #18 (permalink)

You've got a better shot at getting a top 50 player in round 6 with 10 teams,especially the way some people draft
Old 08-14-2009, 05:18 PM   #19 (permalink)

Do some of you really find it fun to have someone like McNabb as your backup QB? Where is the fun in that? My drafts have always been 12 people, but I decided to try something new and create a league with the maximum number of participants. Knowing which backup WR to take in the 13th round, when 50 of them are already gone, now that takes strategy. It is a lot more gratifying to see someone like Steve Breaston, or T.J. Duckett perform well, because then it was all on you for taking a chance with them, as oppose to knowing what you are going to get out of "studs" week in and week out.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Shoot, 14 team leagues are for beginners, too. I'm in a 26 team league. Now THAT takes some homework!!
oldgoldy97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:55 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

I like 12 team leagues just as much as I like 20 team leagues. Very different style drafting but both types require a lot of attention in season
bdtoole05 is offline   Reply With Quote