Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickha2 View Post
The difference is lions fan that the packers win championships and are a championship caliber team. We dont think we are going to lose ever.
I don't think Stafford will ever win a championship or ever have more then 5 seasons where he doesn't miss significant time due to injury since the guys made of glass. Aaron Rodgers on the other hand will win 2 more titles before he retires. And they won't start the year off 0-2 that's just cray like those Lions fans

http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #27 (permalink)

Admittedly I am huge Bears fan, and I feel the game will be extremely close. Packers Defense is extremely questionable, Jennings is out, and the Running game is suspect. BUT, I have a feeling the Bears O-line won't hold up against the Pack, and I have a feeling they will sack Cutler 4-5 times and cause 2-3 turnovers.

I see a 28-27 type game.
Ballerskrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #28 (permalink)

packers will win...
jfranks7295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
The difference is lions fan that the packers win championships and are a championship caliber team. We dont think we are going to lose ever.
which means you're DELUSIONAL!!!!!!!!!
bdubs3316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
I don't think Stafford will ever win a championship or ever have more then 5 seasons where he doesn't miss significant time due to injury since the guys made of glass. Aaron Rodgers on the other hand will win 2 more titles before he retires. And they won't start the year off 0-2 that's just cray like those Lions fans

so much wrong here...i dont know where to start
bdubs3316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
packers didn't win last year and everyone might as well have given them the trophy week 1 last year

truth is...the packs defense is barely improved, the offense is about the same, maybe a lil uptick from benson, and everyone knows that if you pressure rodgers early and often, he isn't as dangerous as when you give him time to rip apart your defense!!

the bears made some bold moves this off season, kept the same defense (that was pretty stout) and added michael bush (a #1 back on almost any other team), have forte back, picked up Brandonmarshall (arguably one of the best WR's in the league) drafted alshon jeffreys, and finally got a set of wide receivers to play in the league, the only thing they were missing to be a SB caliber team.

so am I a packers fan.......yes
do I want them to win thursday.........yes!!!!
are they going to win thursday......probably not, the packers struggle against their D, and the bears offense is pretty effing good, against probably the worst d in the league 2.0
bradsholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballerskrip View Post
Admittedly I am huge Bears fan, and I feel the game will be extremely close. Packers Defense is extremely questionable, Jennings is out, and the Running game is suspect. BUT, I have a feeling the Bears O-line won't hold up against the Pack, and I have a feeling they will sack Cutler 4-5 times and cause 2-3 turnovers.

I see a 28-27 type game.
the packers can rush a qb??? when did that start???? I can tell you when it ended, when they got a ring!!
bradsholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

No way the packers offence looks that bad again... Niners are the best d in the league... bears...not so much... packers 28-14
sljock53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Didn't realize you were on the team.
Andrew Luck
HBMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsholly View Post
the packers can rush a qb??? when did that start???? I can tell you when it ended, when they got a ring!!
You can tell they miss Cullen Jenkins
Andrew Luck
HBMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #36 (permalink)

its gonna be close as rivalry games usually are, but I think its the bears that come out on top
kdub0982 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sljock53 View Post
No way the packers offence looks that bad again... Niners are the best d in the league... bears...not so much... packers 28-14
lol there's no way the Packers D is holding the Bears to 14 pionts
trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #38 (permalink)

I think Perry breaks out this game with Matthews...with Defense doing enough to win. Cutler prone to throw us a few picks...
dvstringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

Packers will win by double digiths cover -6 easily
boston77yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #40 (permalink)

Should be a good game; looking forward to it. Hopefully there will be a better officiating crew than Sunday's game at Lambeau...
Old 09-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #41 (permalink)

Will be a great game! I think it will be close till the end. Hopefully the Bears pull out the win!
Old 09-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

As of now the O/U is 51 1/2 and I'm leaning towards over.
Haiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:27 AM   #43 (permalink)

Why do outlets keep referencing Jay Cutler/the Bears' struggles against the Packers in the last few years?

Even Packers' fans know it's been generations (probably) since the Bears had a WR like Brandon Marshall. And Alshon Jeffery's no slouch on the other side at 6'3 either.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:26 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:

A league source tells ESPN's Adam Schefter it "sounds like 50/50" as to whether Greg Jennings (groin, doubtful) suits up for Thursday's game against the Bears.
Jennings is looking to pull a Jason Witten and play despite a "doubtful" tag. Doubtful designations technically mean there's a 25 percent chance a player suits up, but doubtful players almost always end up sitting out. The Packers could just be doing their best to keep the Bears on their toes. If you're an owner, it's still safest to assume Jennings will be out. Even if he does play, owners with depth at receiver might be wise to opt for a healthier option.
Quote:

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel confirms the Packers plan to utilize WR/KR Randall Cobb as an "omnipresent mismatch" on offense.
After playing in the backfield just twice all of last season, Cobb lined up there 20 times in the opener in addition to 15 snaps at receiver. "That package provides some matchup problems," Cobb said. "We don't know if any team is going to have an answer for it." The Packers are using Cobb more like Darren Sproles than Percy Harvin. His impressive run-after-catch ability will become even more evident when he doesn't have to face the 49ers' fast-closing linebackers and safeties. We are starting him with confidence as a WR3 option this week.

ten character rule blows
trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:06 AM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Packers are my bet I just placed packers -6 risking 150
Still have 50 available
boston77yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #46 (permalink)

I'll take the team that looked bad playing against a SB contender over the team that had its "coming out party" at home, against a team with a rookie QB, that's rebuilding, and was the worst team in the league last year.
The Packers Defense may not be elite, but they're miles ahead of the Colts D. They'll have no trouble holding the Bears to 30 or less. Conversely, the Packers offense is miles ahead of the Colts (TY Hilton anyone), and they won't struggle scoring 30+. Pack 38 Bears 30.
Current Needs: Drew Bledsoe 2009 BTL Auto's O,T; Buybacks; Butler Bulldogs (Gordon Hayward, Shelvin Mack, Matt Howard); Looking for the following: Alfonzo Dennard '12 TC Superfractor; Chandler Jones '12 TC and Bowman Sterling Superfractors; Please PM me with details
ssbledsoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
As of now the O/U is 51 1/2 and I'm leaning towards over.

I think the over is a suckers bet. Cutler looked positively awful in game 1. He really did if you saw it from start to finish. Guys open all over the place and overthrowing them where it wasn't even close then that horrendous pick 6 in the shadow of his own endzone.

SF has a much better D than the bears especially in the passing game and pass rush. While they will have a hard time stopping forte it is the 3rd and 2 and 3rd and 5 where the burden and pressure is on Cutler to make the big throw. I see more punts than big plays.

Put me down for 28-21, I honestly couldn't pick a side.

Maybe a teaser of bears and over for the ultimate suckers bet!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricInCT View Post
I think the over is a suckers bet. Cutler looked positively awful in game 1. He really did if you saw it from start to finish. Guys open all over the place and overthrowing them where it wasn't even close then that horrendous pick 6 in the shadow of his own endzone.

SF has a much better D than the bears especially in the passing game and pass rush. While they will have a hard time stopping forte it is the 3rd and 2 and 3rd and 5 where the burden and pressure is on Cutler to make the big throw. I see more punts than big plays.

Put me down for 28-21, I honestly couldn't pick a side.

Maybe a teaser of bears and over for the ultimate suckers bet!
He ended the game throwing 20 of 25 for 2 tds and 320 yards after starting 1 for 10 with the pick six. Started awful. Played the last 50 min of the game unbelievable. I watched the whole game and only saw him overthrow one pass too Kellen Davis who is god awful and apparently ran the wrong route. Most of his incompletions wereiss check does or missed swing passes. Played much better then your saying he did idk of you watched the whole game but from what I saw (watched every play) he played very very well most of the game
Old 09-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

So far took the over 10 on the 1st and
Over 10 1/2 for the bears in the first half.
Haiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #50 (permalink)

Saw now signs the GB pass defense has improved from last year. That opened them up for several back door covers last year. With a pretty good Chicago offense I will Take the Bears +6.
Gator993 is offline   Reply With Quote