Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posts: 920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioU View Post
Who needs money when you're a Texas FB legend? He can go anywhere in Austin and get free stuff. In all seriousness, how is he not on a team?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
I think most people just don't grasp how big UT is in Austin and how what you said pretty much is true.
And if he cant get it for free he can always dial up some former Horns and go steal whatever he needs. I can recall quite a bit of Horns in the past that continually got in trouble only to have the charges dropped.
ouatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 9,371
Default

Like Dave Ramsey says "Live like no one else, so that later you can live like no one else"


Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,329
Default

You mean another Longhorn couldn't make it in the NFL? D@mn that is surprising, I bet we see Colt & Jordan pretty soon in the same way!
__________________
Trade/Sell list
http://southernsportscards.webs.com/
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,279
Default

is there gonna be a countdown now until JaPorkus Russell is busto as well now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
Well Eddie George just recently filed for bankruptcy. So apparently they had the same person managing their finances.
well...i was going to say in his defense, that i dont think George's contracts were ever close to what Young's was...

but doesnt he have some sort of local (Nashville) tv or radio deal...and doesnt he still have like 3 restaurants in town?
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,732
Default

There's a sh!t ton of morons in Austin, Texas then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioU View Post
Who needs money when you're a Texas FB legend? He can go anywhere in Austin and get free stuff. In all seriousness, how is he not on a team? He has, I think, a 65-70% winning record as a starter. I agree that he is an idiot to be broke at this point. He had the masive rookie contract and didn't he get more money from Philly? These guys must not pay any attention at the rookie symposium. They spend a lot of time talking about finances and how to manage money. Come on man, you can't even put 1mil. in the bank and let it accrue interest? That would still leave over 20mil. to blow as you see fit.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
ManInTheMirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 34,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
There's a sh!t ton of morons in Austin, Texas then...
Actually quite the opposite. If I owned a bar or restaurant or whatever it be I wouldn't mind giving him a free $20 meal if it brings in dozens of people just because he is in there...pretty sure the situation would equal $$$.
__________________
collecting Foles, Garoppolo and Mitchell
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,732
Default

Again...there are dozens of morons in Austin, Texas.

Seriously...who wants to see a washed-up, broke, pathetic, failed-at-life former athlete?!?!?

If Tom Brady's life went to all hell and he was pimping himself at a restaurant would I go to see him? Ahh....no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Actually quite the opposite. If I owned a bar or restaurant or whatever it be I wouldn't mind giving him a free $20 meal if it brings in dozens of people just because he is in there...pretty sure the situation would equal $$$.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 283
Default

Personal finance was question #7 on the wonderlic test...Vince got it wrong.
nomarkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
bigcwd2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 4,737
Default

Wow, $26 million gauranteed contract! $26 million! And it's gone. Unreal.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
natbornkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: bkNY
Posts: 13,891
Default

welcome to mcdonalds may i take your order

__________________
this one goes out to some of the members
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?title=dee-dee-dee-song&videoId=72779

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
HBMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 8,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcwd2000 View Post
Wow, $26 million gauranteed contract! $26 million! And it's gone. Unreal.
Pro rated guaranteed money disappears quickly. The lump sum taxes on that would be almost $13 million.
__________________
I PC: Dallas Cowboys, Arkansas Razorbacks, StL Cards, KC Chiefs
http://s1092.photobucket.com/albums/i413/hogsboysmavscards/
Searching for a 14 UD Chris Smith B&W #'d/10
Andrew Luck
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
bigcwd2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 4,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMC View Post
Pro rated guaranteed money disappears quickly. The lump sum taxes on that would be almost $13 million.
Oh ok, then just $13 million guaranteed. I feel terrible for him.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
WilsonValdez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Temporarily Suspended
Posts: 9,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMC View Post
Pro rated guaranteed money disappears quickly. The lump sum taxes on that would be almost $13 million.
Who cares about the taxes...that is still a CRAP-TON of money to blow through for any person.
__________________
"I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminshes fear." - Rosa Parks
WilsonValdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Again...there are dozens of morons in Austin, Texas.

Seriously...who wants to see a washed-up, broke, pathetic, failed-at-life former athlete?!?!?

If Tom Brady's life went to all hell and he was pimping himself at a restaurant would I go to see him? #@Ahh....no.
You are a moron.

VY brought Texas its first national championship in 35 years. He's kind of a big deal here.

I've been out with him and many other UT players in downtown Austin. I've never once seen him get a comped meal. I've seen fans buy him drinks on many occasions...who cares?

If he WERE to get meals comped somewhere, it'd be good business. Wherever he goes, paying customers follow. You should see how packed places like Spiros get when athletes show up.
JoshHamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
ssbledsoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 7,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Who cares about the taxes...that is still a CRAP-TON of money to blow through for any person.
As noted above, dude had to be spending $7k a day to be broke now... Unreal...
__________________
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
studioU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,120
Default

Attachment 104920

I don't like the looks of this!

Last edited by studioU; 02-25-2014 at 09:26 AM.
studioU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #42 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioU View Post
Attachment 104920

I don't like the looks of this!
That's awesome.
JoshHamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshHamilton View Post
You are a moron.

VY brought Texas its first national championship in 35 years. He's kind of a big deal here.

I've been out with him and many other UT players in downtown Austin. I've never once seen him get a comped meal. I've seen fans buy him drinks on many occasions...who cares?

If he WERE to get meals comped somewhere, it'd be good business. Wherever he goes, paying customers follow. You should see how packed places like Spiros get when athletes show up.
Didn't Young start his own steakhouse here in Texas somewhere? Did that not pan out either or what?
__________________
Trade/Sell list
http://southernsportscards.webs.com/
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
wheeler281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,633
Send a message via AIM to wheeler281
Default

well when you have a mortgage/bills based on a contract then you are unable to obtain the contract that was paying said mortgage and bills I am sure it tends to get tight. You rob peter to pay paul. You do anything hoping to keep the house just waiting for a another pay day and it has not panned out. Then throw in some of the leaches and bam its all gone

I know during the downturn I was doing anything to keep my home when making 70k less then I once was. It all worked out for me and but couldn't imagine the nut he had to cover every month
__________________
Collecting Cardboard of The Black N Gold Variety
Currently Buying Lynn Swanns Graded 8 or Higher by SGC, PSA,BGS/BVG

Last edited by wheeler281; 09-19-2012 at 03:56 PM.
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
Didn't Young start his own steakhouse here in Texas somewhere? Did that not pan out either or what?
It's still open in Austin on San Jacinto. It's one of the better steaks I've had in Austin.

It's my go-to date restaurant I'm, uhh, looking to seal the deal
JoshHamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
ManInTheMirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 34,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
Didn't Young start his own steakhouse here in Texas somewhere? Did that not pan out either or what?
I thought the steakhouse was doing fine. As far as I know it's still open.
__________________
collecting Foles, Garoppolo and Mitchell
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshHamilton View Post
It's still open in Austin on San Jacinto. It's one of the better steaks I've had in Austin.

It's my go-to date restaurant I'm, uhh, looking to seal the deal
Well we all know as Texans that steakhouses thrive here in the Lonestar state so hopefully if he does any bankruptcy that he gets to keep the restaurant unless he isn't the sole proprietor of it.
__________________
Trade/Sell list
http://southernsportscards.webs.com/
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #48 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
is there gonna be a countdown now until JaPorkus Russell is busto as well now?



well...i was going to say in his defense, that i dont think George's contracts were ever close to what Young's was...

but doesnt he have some sort of local (Nashville) tv or radio deal...and doesnt he still have like 3 restaurants in town?
I know he is doing Titan's broadcasting with Keith Bullock.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
I thought the steakhouse was doing fine. As far as I know it's still open.
Yea it probably is. I just haven't heard anymore about it since I read the story of him opening it so I wondered now that this came out.
__________________
Trade/Sell list
http://southernsportscards.webs.com/
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #50 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
Well we all know as Texans that steakhouses thrive here in the Lonestar state so hopefully if he does any bankruptcy that he gets to keep the restaurant unless he isn't the sole proprietor of it.
I'm guessing he'll have to sell it. He took out a $1.8 million dollar unsecured loan from the NFL during the lockout.

I've talked to the owner of the company I work for about buying a minority ownership steak (har har) in it if it comes up for sale.
JoshHamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.