Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: Is everyone buying in on Alex Smith or the 49ers as a team?
Alex Smith 8 16.00%
49ers 42 84.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
Yet they still went hard after Manning this offseason. No matter how much Harbaugh wants to spin it.
Peyton Manning is a known quantity--easier to explain than an unproven draft pick.

If I were Harbaugh I would have wanted my organization to go after Peyton as well and have him groom Alex for the future. It's all about making a better team now and if you can prepare for the next season as well then so much the better.
Drdduet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:07 PM   #27 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jbellis74

Nothing against Alex Smith but that defense is incredible and he has some real real nice offensive weapons around him
Old 09-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbellis74 View Post
Nothing against Alex Smith but that defense is incredible and he has some real real nice offensive weapons around him
I'll agree with this.

He has a nice safety blanket in San Francisco. I want to see him without that defense someday. He can keep his offensive weapons. Could he score a couple TDs a game in more frightening circumstances?

The team is tailored to him slowly moving the chains. I don't yet see him as a QB who can semi-consistently take games into his own hands and mount big 4th quarter comebacks if he had to.
FanboyOfNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #29 (permalink)

stop and think about this for a moment......

with the defense that san francisco has (pretty sure the best defense, and almost everyone will agree) you do everything to keep them fresh right??

so when you are trying to do that what do you do...eat the clock, run plays, take your time, west-coast offense style. The longer you keep them off the field the better they are.

So what has alex smith been doing??? short easy passes, high percentage stuff, moving chains, not turning the ball over, not trying to score every play, in an effort to let his defense rest...just look at the time of possesion in all of their games.....

he is playing Flawlessly, if this is in fact what harbaugh is telling him to do!!

Keep in mind, when they were down to the saints in the playoffs last year, he looked good on speedy drives too........

Have we all had our blinders on, and he has been a GREAT QB that doesn't need to put up the numbers, so he doesn't, thus allowing them to be a better team

he could be the most underrated player I've seen in a long time if this is in fact true!!
bradsholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsholly View Post
stop and think about this for a moment......

with the defense that san francisco has (pretty sure the best defense, and almost everyone will agree) you do everything to keep them fresh right??

so when you are trying to do that what do you do...eat the clock, run plays, take your time, west-coast offense style. The longer you keep them off the field the better they are.

So what has alex smith been doing??? short easy passes, high percentage stuff, moving chains, not turning the ball over, not trying to score every play, in an effort to let his defense rest...just look at the time of possesion in all of their games.....

he is playing Flawlessly, if this is in fact what harbaugh is telling him to do!!

Keep in mind, when they were down to the saints in the playoffs last year, he looked good on speedy drives too........

Have we all had our blinders on, and he has been a GREAT QB that doesn't need to put up the numbers, so he doesn't, thus allowing them to be a better team

he could be the most underrated player I've seen in a long time if this is in fact true!!
Rack Brads post, I dont know how his SPA's and Contenders are so affordable. This guy deserves every bit the prices of a Tony Romo or Philip Rivers.

Kevin