Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
Please don't use his post to justify your stance, his comment isn't even fully thought out based on the facts you've presented.
false. i know exactly what im talking about.

either way, you can't offer a steal of a deal on multiple sites at the same time...you are just asking for trouble. i would be pissed too if i was the OP.

Also looking for Emma Watson and Kat Dennings
dashcounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
How can anyone post a video of a card on youtube and 2 minutes later its sold on youtube? That doesn't sound right to me
None of that matters.

If I ever say I will take a card offered only to be told "it was sold to someone else" then I move on without leaving a neg. There was never a deal- hell the deal never even got off the ground so talks of negs or anything beyond just moving on is silly.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashcounter View Post
false. i know exactly what im talking about.

either way, you can't offer a steal of a deal on multiple sites at the same time...you are just asking for trouble. i would be pissed too if i was the OP.
It's a very common practice, you see threads all the time where people post cards here and on other forums like FCB at the same time. Wherever someone buys it first is who gets it.

The timeline is shady, the seller might even be lying. But without proof it's a plausible story he has. That should be enough to discourage a negative, there's no proof what he said is a lie.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #29 (permalink)

since when is it not ok to say sold or even never mind had second thoughts? there are no legal binding contracts.

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
How can anyone post a video of a card on youtube and 2 minutes later its sold on youtube? That doesn't sound right to me
All im saying he just coming up with BS excuses imo. I posted/PM 2 mins. people after his thread, but card was sold on youtube, AGAIN why make the thread? His youtube video also has no prices listed for said card, and owner claimed the guy said "i'll take it" for what free? So, you worked out a deal with him in the 2 mins I was pm'ing him, again apologize for the premature neg.
crm44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm44 View Post
All im saying he just coming up with BS excuses imo. I posted/PM 2 mins. people after his thread, but card was sold on youtube, AGAIN why make the thread? His youtube video also has no prices listed for said card, and owner claimed the guy said "i'll take it" for what free? So, you worked out a deal with him in the 2 mins I was pm'ing him, again apologize for the premature neg.
I bolded the important part. We can't leave negatives based on opinions we must use facts. Everything else you said is just blah blah blah. You didn't get the card, move on...
Old 09-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm44 View Post
I don't think anyone is arguing that it's a little shady and questionable, but you don't have enough evidence to neg him.

MITM makes a good point above ^^^
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #33 (permalink)

Tampons are in aisle 6 in case anyone wanted to know.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
Tampons are in aisle 6 in case anyone wanted to know.
Will you pick some up when you go grocery shopping in a few minutes?
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #35 (permalink)

Ray you a lie they moved em yesterday to an end cap on aisle 3

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
Old 09-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
Will you pick some up when you go grocery shopping in a few minutes?
Yes sir, free tampon contest upcoming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas View Post
Ray you a lie they moved em yesterday to an end cap on aisle 3
Ah, they are on sale? Even better!
Old 09-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #37 (permalink)

buy one box get two boxes for your followers

Gator you know you're more into jumbo pads with wings as well

Old 09-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
I bolded the important part. We can't leave negatives based on opinions we must use facts. Everything else you said is just blah blah blah. You didn't get the card, move on...
Lesson learned, so the part of me apologizing again for leaving the neg, is me comprehending my mistake, thanks. Not the card i'm concerned with.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #39 (permalink)

backer is right. i thought school was back in session already. The person who was selling the card does not owe you anything. He does not have to give you a reason or a name of who he sold it to. Maybe he didn't like something you did in the past. Maybe he hates your avatar. He is under no obligation to sell you anything or justify the reason why. Why is it that people think they are entitled to something now days? You didn't get what you wanted. boo hoo. move on. Negatives and threads about it? F'n grow up
mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #40 (permalink)

Ok so in other words you guys say its fine for a seller to back out on a deal but its not fine for a buyer to back out? I seen that a few times around here where buyers say they will take something, the seller never receives payment, the seller negs the buyer for backing out. More then a few times I've been the first to post in a thread I wanted to buy a card here and was the first to post but the seller came back to me saying someone pm'd him and he sold it to them here. I move on case closed, sucks for me. Never heard someone once say to me that they sold the card on another site like this. I think the neg is warrented because in many seller posts they will say "posting on other forums be quick" or something to that nature to give fair warning that they are selling elsewhere and no where did I read that's happened here. Sounds more likely to me that the seller had second thoughts about selling so cheap and pulled it off the table, the negative to me is he lied about selling it elsewhere but that's just my two cents. Whatever ya'll do next time you sell something multiple places be sure to give warning that you are posting it elsewhere so this doesn't happen.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #41 (permalink)

CRM just ask for this post to be deleted lol would be best for you IMO

Old 09-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok so in other words you guys say its fine for a seller to back out on a deal but its not fine for a buyer to back out? I seen that a few times around here where buyers say they will take something, the seller never receives payment, the seller negs the buyer for backing out. More then a few times I've been the first to post in a thread I wanted to buy a card here and was the first to post but the seller came back to me saying someone pm'd him and he sold it to them here. I move on case closed, sucks for me. Never heard someone once say to me that they sold the card on another site like this. I think the neg is warrented because in many seller posts they will say "posting on other forums be quick" or something to that nature to give fair warning that they are selling elsewhere and no where did I read that's happened here. Sounds more likely to me that the seller had second thoughts about selling so cheap and pulled it off the table, the negative to me is he lied about selling it elsewhere but that's just my two cents. Whatever ya'll do next time you sell something multiple places be sure to give warning that you are posting it elsewhere so this doesn't happen.
seller never agreed to a deal his first response was sorry sold...how is that backing out?

Old 09-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
backer is right. i thought school was back in session already. The person who was selling the card does not owe you anything. He does not have to give you a reason or a name of who he sold it to. Maybe he didn't like something you did in the past. Maybe he hates your avatar. He is under no obligation to sell you anything or justify the reason why. Why is it that people think they are entitled to something now days? You didn't get what you wanted. boo hoo. move on. Negatives and threads about it? F'n grow up
I didn't say he owed me anything, he is free to respond however he would like...I love all this crying/complaining talk yet everyone is crying/complaining about leaving internet feedback. You don't like it, move along. Nobody is forcing you to respond either.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #44 (permalink)

i agree with the OP. it does seem shady. can't neg this though, since there technically were 2 minutes for it to get sold (however unlikely).

now, if it were to come out that he sold it after you said you'd take it- bam, let the dogs loose.

i've said it 100 times before and i'll say it again. If a buyer is held to "i'll take it" as a deal by the seller, then a seller should be held to an immediate "i'll take it" post from a buyer in their thread.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #45 (permalink)

Bingo. Buyer backs out that means terms of the sale were reached. Person selling the card never accepted the offer from the OP. And who is anyone to say that what the person selling the card said is not 100 percent truth. And no one should have to put disclaimers on threads that they are posting other places. Give me a break.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #46 (permalink)

Sorry, to all of you for wasting your time. Again i just wanted confirmation that I was in wrong and i apologize for the neg. feedback.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #47 (permalink)

thats the only thing you need to apologize for is the feedback can you pm me the seller so i can block them

Old 09-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
i've said it 100 times before and i'll say it again. If a buyer is held to "i'll take it" as a deal by the seller, then a seller should be held to an immediate "i'll take it" post from a buyer in their thread.
Let's say there is a member here you don't like. You may have even dealt with them in the past and it was just alot of trouble. You know dealing with them again would be a headache and you don't want to deal with them. So you post a sales thread and they immediately say they will take a card. You feel that you must automatically sell it to that member? You don't think you have a right to say "no, I don't want to deal with you"?
Old 09-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
Bingo. Buyer backs out that means terms of the sale were reached. Person selling the card never accepted the offer from the OP. And who is anyone to say that what the person selling the card said is not 100 percent truth. And no one should have to put disclaimers on threads that they are posting other places. Give me a break.
He never accepted my offer? I was buying at his full asking price?
Old 09-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
i agree with the OP. it does seem shady. can't neg this though, since there technically were 2 minutes for it to get sold (however unlikely).

now, if it were to come out that he sold it after you said you'd take it- bam, let the dogs loose.

So would you say that if someone with 3 or 4 negs for lets say chargebacks should be able to buy one of your cards just because you posted it for sale? Why does the seller have to sell to the first person who posts? I am quite curious to hear the answer to this