Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Let's say there is a member here you don't like. You may have even dealt with them in the past and it was just alot of trouble. You know dealing with them again would be a headache and you don't want to deal with them. So you post a sales thread and they immediately say they will take a card. You feel that you must automatically sell it to that member? You don't think you have a right to say "no, I don't want to deal with you"?
ignore list, does that block them from your threads as well?
crm44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas View Post
seller never agreed to a deal his first response was sorry sold...how is that backing out?
I thought seller said "Sorry sold on Youtube"...if not and that came later forget what I said as that changes things

http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
i've said it 100 times before and i'll say it again. If a buyer is held to "i'll take it" as a deal by the seller, then a seller should be held to an immediate "i'll take it" post from a buyer in their thread.
This^ Well Said

Old 09-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm44 View Post
He never accepted my offer? I was buying at his full asking price?
Nope. He did not accept your offer. You know when you go to business and they have the sign up that they can refuse service to anyone? Same holds true in my mind. I or anyone for that matter, does have to sell anyone anything if they don't want to. You could have offered more than his asking price. That does not mean you get to buy it.
mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
I thought seller said "Sorry sold on Youtube"...if not and that came later forget what I said as that changes things
either way i want the sellers name to block lol they seem shady my only fight is there should have been no negative from either side

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
Bingo. Buyer backs out that means terms of the sale were reached. Person selling the card never accepted the offer from the OP. And who is anyone to say that what the person selling the card said is not 100 percent truth. And no one should have to put disclaimers on threads that they are posting other places. Give me a break.
uh, if the seller lists his cards properly here according to BO rules, they'll have a price. if a buyer posts in your thread and says "I'll take it!" they're taking it for the price listed. that's a deal. The seller posted that price, and by posting that price is willing to let that specific card go for that price. That's setting up their end of the deal. A buyer posting they'll take it is saying "that card will be mine after you give me your payment info and I pay." For a seller to back out after that, that might as well be just as bad as a buyer not paying and neg worthy.

is that the case here, not sure. no real proof, but obviously it's pretty hard to sell a card within 2 minutes of posting it here. Remember the JoeBlasch (sp?) situation a month or so ago?

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
when inquired about the card, seller did say sorry it sold on youtube.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Let's say there is a member here you don't like. You may have even dealt with them in the past and it was just alot of trouble. You know dealing with them again would be a headache and you don't want to deal with them. So you post a sales thread and they immediately say they will take a card. You feel that you must automatically sell it to that member? You don't think you have a right to say "no, I don't want to deal with you"?
Use the block feature and you won't see that post, if he raises hell tell him you blocked him for whatever reason and never saw his message, done deal

Old 09-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Use the block feature and you won't see that post, if he raises hell tell him you blocked him for whatever reason and never saw his message, done deal
How would I know that he is "raising hell" if I have him blocked? How about I just tell him "no thanks, I don't want to sell to you" this way hell will never be raised?
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
uh, if the seller lists his cards properly here according to BO rules, they'll have a price. if a buyer posts in your thread and says "I'll take it!" they're taking it for the price listed. that's a deal. The seller posted that price, and by posting that price is willing to let that specific card go for that price. That's setting up their end of the deal. A buyer posting they'll take it is saying "that card will be mine after you give me your payment info and I pay." For a seller to back out after that, that might as well be just as bad as a buyer not paying and neg worthy.

is that the case here, not sure. no real proof, but obviously it's pretty hard to sell a card within 2 minutes of posting it here. Remember the JoeBlasch (sp?) situation a month or so ago?
Go back and read my post before. I want to hear your response. Just curious is all
mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:

Ty, here is the thread of me posting 2 mins later...
FT/FS R&S Foles Slideshow Claiborne!
Old 09-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
please, I would say to #@#@#@#@-off in my thread and explain why (esp. if the person is on my ignore list). I even did so in my old FS thread (though I think I eventually came to a deal with them after they needled me for a bit and offered more money than I was asking for).

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
please, I would say to #@#@#@#@-off in my thread and explain why (esp. if the person is on my ignore list). I even did so in my old FS thread (though I think I eventually came to a deal with them after they needled me for a bit and offered more money than I was asking for).
Doesn't this go against everything you've said so far?
Old 09-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
How would I know that he is "raising hell" if I have him blocked? How about I just tell him "no thanks, I don't want to sell to you" this way hell will never be raised?
You wouldnt see his post, so you wouldn't know what he said, you can't be held accountable for what you have blocked. Just move on to the next buyer. Easy. Simply saying "I don't want to sell to you" will cause you issues. Use the block list and avoid the drama

Old 09-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #65 (permalink)

thanks for posting his name now blocked, new member doing shady sells already lol.....just ask a mod to remove neg feedback and you both should be good to go

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
Old 09-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
thanks for posting his name now blocked, new member doing shady sells already lol.....just ask a mod to remove neg feedback and you both should be good to go
I feel the gun is being jumped. Let's say the seller is being honest. We are really only hearing one side of the story. It amazes me how quick people are to block people.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
In agreement here. As a "business" I can refuse service to anyone I please for why ever I please.

Now of Paypal info had been exchanged then I believe it is too late to back out. The info solidifies the deal.
bigzig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
So would you say that if someone with 3 or 4 negs for lets say chargebacks should be able to buy one of your cards just because you posted it for sale? Why does the seller have to sell to the first person who posts? I am quite curious to hear the answer to this

a person like that should already be on your ignore list... If they aren't already on that ignore list, put them there.

as for why the seller should sell to the first post, it's because they put it out there for a set price and somebody answered affirmative for that price. to hold it and sell to another member is just a dick move. That's like somebody calling shotgun only to have your dick friend take the front seat anyway. Not cool, and not the way you should do business.

if the first person to post is somebody on your ignore list or given you or your buddies a shady vibe, explain that you aren't selling to them and why. Don't just say "sorry, sold it elsewhere before you".

Chances are, like the joe blasch sitch- the seller got a higher offer via PM after the OP said he'll take it in the thread and they decided to go with the higher offer. It was wrong then, and it's #@#@#@#@ing wrong now. I don't care if the member isn't a part of my "posse" or that a good number of my friends on here are on the other side of the argument, I'll stand by the OP for this one because it's just plain a dick move to do something like this.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
I feel the gun is being jumped. Let's say the seller is being honest. We are really only hearing one side of the story. It amazes me how quick people are to block people.
only fight i had in it was the negative feedback and as far as blocking its my list ill do as a i wish ........booyah

Old 09-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
only fight i had in it was the negative feedback and as far as blocking its my list ill do as a i wish ........booyah
I take it you blocked the OP then as well?
Old 09-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Doesn't this go against everything you've said so far?
nope. if the buyer is on my block list and tries to buy, they're generally SOL and i'll tell them so. if you're on my ignore list, you're dead to me on this site and that post doesn't count. if a member posted that wasn't on my ignore list, they win.

obviously the seller in this case didn't have the OP on their ignore list because they received and replied to the OPs PM.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
nope. if the buyer is on my block list and tries to buy, they're generally SOL and i'll tell them so. if you're on my ignore list, you're dead to me on this site and that post doesn't count. if a member posted that wasn't on my ignore list, they win.

obviously the seller in this case didn't have the OP on their ignore list because they received and replied to the OPs PM.
I was only going off this:

Quote:
If a buyer is held to "i'll take it" as a deal by the seller, then a seller should be held to an immediate "i'll take it" post from a buyer in their thread.
You did not mention anything about ignore lists or anything. Your statement was very specific saying they should be held to an "i'll take it" from the first buyer.

I don't get why you two are so hung up on the "block then explain the situation to them" how about I just explain the situation to them? I really don't see the difference and I still don't see how I even would know a blocked person ever even said anything.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #73 (permalink)

no why would I? as stated before only thing OP did wrong was get premature on the neg...which can be fixed the seller should have went into detail stating the items were on different sites before hand....ill will have to agree with clarka seller probably got a higher offer via PM and took it over original offer by OP

so if you are stating non of this seems fishy than you're wrong as well...it was only a 20 dollar card should have been no neg and no thread period.

you do not find it a little shady at all MITM?

Old 09-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #74 (permalink)

I seriously can't believe a couple of you think that if a seller puts their card(s) on multiple sites then they must have a disclaimer explaining that. Would it be nice? Yes. Required? come on

I will be point blank here- yes I find it shady, but that is just a thought. That is not backed by facts. It's based off of feelings. So while it seemed shady I can't write a person off based off assumptions.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #75 (permalink)

No neg was deserved. No deal was finalized. That being said, it does sound shady to me how it went down. It reminds me of, I think it was joeblatsh or something likke that about a month or 2 ago, where a lot of people were up in arms about that. I don't see any difference.

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote