Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #76 (permalink)

I didn't read the whole thread so this may not specifically apply to this case but if there is a thread stating X card for $ that is an offer. First person to say I'll take it is an acceptance. Anytime the seller sells it to someone who says they will take it afterwards would be considered a breach of contract (with certain rules and stipulations).

Some people on these forums are to needy. They expect people to be on 24/7 and respond to stuff immediately.

I've had several instances where I say I will buy a card, seller acknowledges (at a point when I am not on the forum) and then the seller ends up selling to someone else because I didn't respond the instant they replied.
Buying all past and present Braves (in a Braves Uniform or in their system when the card was made). Also, looking for Falcons and UGA & GT Football Alumni (A.J. Green, Calvin Johnson, Matt Stafford, etc) http://s1358.photobucket.com/albums/q763/blakesbucketofphotos/ COMC account 800+ cards lowest prices on the site.
btmcrushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #77 (permalink)

lol but i can write them off from a gut feeling or just cuz of OP thread....IMO the ignore list is to be used when you feel necessary and i feel my gut telling me to block seller so i did.

i agree with your points as well MITM, just find it shady and OP had no reason for a thread or neg feedback lol im torn i tell ya

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:33 PM   #78 (permalink)

Boy if some of you people are ignorant enough to actually think its a deal just posting "I'll take it." in a thread let me go search all your old threads for some sweet deals for some cheap Mike Trout cards or that Seahawks QB who wasn;'t worth much a couple months ago.. It makes zero sense. Leaving someone a negative because they didn't sell you the cards when you never actually had an agreement in the first place seems a quite childish. Unless they write you back and give you payment details such as an address, paypal or saying something along the lines confirming its sold to you. You have no deal. I thought something like this was common sense but after reading a few of the responses I guess not.
BGT Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas View Post
lol but i can write them off from a gut feeling or just cuz of OP thread....IMO the ignore list is to be used when you feel necessary and i feel my gut telling me to block seller so i did.

i agree with your points as well MITM, just find it shady and OP had no reason for a thread or neg feedback lol im torn i tell ya
This is what gets me- you say you've blocked him based off this thread but yet you say this thread should have never existed. okkkkkkkkkkk
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
uh, if the seller lists his cards properly here according to BO rules, they'll have a price. if a buyer posts in your thread and says "I'll take it!" they're taking it for the price listed. that's a deal. The seller posted that price, and by posting that price is willing to let that specific card go for that price. That's setting up their end of the deal. A buyer posting they'll take it is saying "that card will be mine after you give me your payment info and I pay." For a seller to back out after that, that might as well be just as bad as a buyer not paying and neg worthy.

is that the case here, not sure. no real proof, but obviously it's pretty hard to sell a card within 2 minutes of posting it here. Remember the JoeBlasch (sp?) situation a month or so ago?
The problem with this is that it makes too many assumptions. It's too easy to misunderstand a person's intentions and implications online, especially given the lack of proper communication on these forums.

Both sellers and buyers need to be clearer in their language in negotiations. "I'll take it" is not enough.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #81 (permalink)

i think a lot of people would be singing a different tune in this thread if it happened to them. i'd be worked up if it happened to me, which is why I'm saying so.

like i said- if we're holding buyers to an "i'll take it" post or PM as setting a deal, we need to do the same to sellers. sure, it's their card to sell, but if they don't want to sell it at that price to anybody, put a higher price on it and take a lower offer from somebody you'd prefer to sell to.

nothing in my FS threads is spoken for unless noted to cover my backside here. there's members I don't like on this board that aren't on my ignore list because they aren't shady, but i'd still sell to them if they posted first.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #82 (permalink)

This seems like a Sandy Vagina Problem to me, nothing worse than SVP, NOTHING.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg2315 View Post
The problem with this is that it makes too many assumptions. It's too easy to misunderstand a person's intentions and implications online, especially given the lack of proper communication on these forums.

Both sellers and buyers need to be clearer in their language in negotiations. "I'll take it" is not enough.
no offense, but if "i'll take it" isn't clear enough that the person wants to buy your card at the price listed, I don't know what you need.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmcrushers View Post
I didn't read the whole thread so this may not specifically apply to this case but if there is a thread stating X card for $ that is an offer. First person to say I'll take it is an acceptance. Anytime the seller sells it to someone who says they will take it afterwards would be considered a breach of contract (with certain rules and stipulations).

Some people on these forums are to needy. They expect people to be on 24/7 and respond to stuff immediately.

I've had several instances where I say I will buy a card, seller acknowledges (at a point when I am not on the forum) and then the seller ends up selling to someone else because I didn't respond the instant they replied.
FS/FT 2010-2011 Bowman RC& Prospect lot Harper (4), Stras, Bundy, Heyward, Sano, Col

I hope I don't have to leave a neg.

this is just a joke btw
Old 09-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
no offense, but if "i'll take it" isn't clear enough that the person wants to buy your card at the price listed, I don't know what you need.
I'm speaking in terms of "I'll take it" not being enough to stop the buck, so to speak. There has to be follow-up PMs exchanging payment info, and agreements as such. Until that happens, there is no deal in place in my opinion.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #86 (permalink)

obviously grave digging an old thread that hasn't been bumped by the seller in a while isn't legit either, but if you want to be childish about it Eric, go for it.

if this situation had happened to you when you were going after Kafkas (or whoever you collect now since it changes quite a bit), I think you'd have been pissed.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #87 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

i was hoping this was gonna be a thread dedicated to lesean mccoy highlights
Old 09-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg2315 View Post
I'm speaking in terms of "I'll take it" not being enough to stop the buck, so to speak. There has to be follow-up PMs exchanging payment info, and agreements as such. Until that happens, there is no deal in place in my opinion.
I can respect that. I just see so much "this buyer said they'll take it and never paid!" going around that we have to do something to keep sellers accountable to stop questionable practices like this from becoming an every-day occurrence.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
obviously grave digging an old thread that hasn't been bumped by the seller in a while isn't legit either, but if you want to be childish about it Eric, go for it.

if this situation had happened to you when you were going after Kafkas (or whoever you collect now since it changes quite a bit), I think you'd have been pissed.
It was just a joke to prove a point. I mean he never noted in the thread that the lot was sold or no longer available right? If you think someone should clarify they are posting on other forums then they should clarify that right?

Your assumption is incorrect. I've actually said the opposite of what you "think" in this very here thread.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
FS/FT 2010-2011 Bowman RC& Prospect lot Harper (4), Stras, Bundy, Heyward, Sano, Col

I hope I don't have to leave a neg.

this is just a joke btw

if you were intelligent you would of noticed the (rules and stipulations) and since that offer was about hmmm 3 months ago it is longgggggggggggggggggg expired my friend.
Buying all past and present Braves (in a Braves Uniform or in their system when the card was made). Also, looking for Falcons and UGA & GT Football Alumni (A.J. Green, Calvin Johnson, Matt Stafford, etc) http://s1358.photobucket.com/albums/q763/blakesbucketofphotos/ COMC account 800+ cards lowest prices on the site.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #91 (permalink)

if it listed it in multiple places I would gather that most of the public post would be time stamped. so you could see who really said they would take it first. If it was via PMs then your SOL
Old 09-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmcrushers View Post
if you were intelligent you would of noticed the (rules and stipulations) and since that offer was about hmmm 3 months ago it is longgggggggggggggggggg expired my friend.
Oh I never saw an expiration date, my bad.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #93 (permalink)

this thread has turned down a dark road now, well off to work

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh I never saw an expiration date, my bad.
Go read the Restatement and laws governing contracts before you speak please
Old 09-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #95 (permalink)

lol looks like Eric picked the wrong thread to prove his point in the most childish way

Old 09-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
lol looks like Eric picked the wrong thread to prove his point in the most childish way
I'm bound to slip up at some point.

But really it was all in fun. I just think it's funny how some people are so strict on some things and lax others.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
I can respect that. I just see so much "this buyer said they'll take it and never paid!" going around that we have to do something to keep sellers accountable to stop questionable practices like this from becoming an every-day occurrence.
Indeed. Too many people have no etiquette these days, whether online or in person. It's only compounded when those same people exercise an unwarranted sense of entitlement to said behavior from others.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm bound to slip up at some point.

But really it was all in fun. I just think it's funny how some people are so strict on some things and lax others.
i agree! we agree on something

Old 09-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #99 (permalink)

Here is the difference between your two points clarka. If a buyer posts they will take something they were given the opportunity to look over the sellers feedback and determine if they want to do business or not. Seller is not given the same opportunity with your "I'll take it" being a deal. Much different to me.
mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #100 (permalink)

These threads hurt not only my head but also my heart.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote