Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Shady Move? You be the Judge!

So, I see a FS/FT thread and there is a card that I want. I am first to post in the thread saying i'll take it, 2 mins after he posts thread with a PM immediately following; saying i'll take it as well. I receive a PM telling me it's sold on youtube on already, sorry?? Now, he did have a youtube video up first, but my only complaint is why make the thread if the card is already gone. So, he is claiming in that two mins. the card already sold. Not saying it's not possible, just seemed very unlikely.

What i believe happened was that he had listed the card well under ebay and he was aware of it at some pt. as he made the statement how long do you think the card would last %50 under ebay...and now he wants to back out of the deal realizing his mistake. If i'm wrong I do apologize, but he could come up no other proof other than saying that his "friend on youtube" had purchased it. Now I inquired his "friend" about him saying I was trying to work out a deal and he was using him for a ref. His friend replies back yes, we have done many deals and the card was sold to me?!?

First off, I didn't even ask about the card, so obviously they have been going back and forth about it as well. Secondly all I asked for was the conversation between the two of them working out the deal before me...Now he could pm me back and forth and give me the tubers info and what not, but could not give me that conversation saying, "It was too much trouble." I have all PM's and thread saved. You be the judge, is member trying to pull a fast one?
crm44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Um........so you "inquired" to his friend saying he was using him as a reference? Was this true or just a way for you get more information. IMO, who cares? He sold the card or changed his mind. Just because you post that you will buy it and PM him does not make the deal complete. Give up and move on.
mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

ummmm did you leave him a neg? is that how you got yours? he sold the card move on no reason for a neg

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

What is most shady?

"Scammer, Backed out of deal to sell card for more!"

That is your neg to him. He did not deserve a neg. He did not deserve being called a scammer either (based off this situation). You are basing your words on assumptions and that is an incorrect thing to do.

collecting Quarterbacks ---> http://sportscardalbum.com/u/maninthemirror/a/quarterbacks
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

ok, i'll gladly remove it,if i was wrong, i let him that i would be making the thread,I Just felt like he was pulling a fast one, I also told him I apologized if I was wrong, but just asked him why make the FS thread if it was gone, in to which he could not give me an answer just saying sorry your not fast enough.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
Um........so you "inquired" to his friend saying he was using him as a reference? Was this true or just a way for you get more information. IMO, who cares? He sold the card or changed his mind. Just because you post that you will buy it and PM him does not make the deal complete. Give up and move on.
All I asked was if he had dealt with this guy before and if he was of good character, to which he responds, yes i have dealt with him many times and card was sold to me for $20.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas View Post
ummmm did you leave him a neg? is that how you got yours? he sold the card move on no reason for a neg
I see negs left all time for much less...hence your feedback.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

yeah, either way no deal was set in stone bud. just move on to the next card

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
Old 09-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

I made a Shady Move yesterday..

Haiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas View Post
yeah, either way no deal was set in stone bud. just move on to the next card
I've moved on, don't care about the card, it's the principal here peoples...Do we not have any morals anymore just cause it's the interwebs? So if someone lists an ebay listing way under value and you click buy it now, then they back out of the sale...would you leave a neg?
Old 09-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

if he sold it before you pm'd him that is not a scam that is just him being honest,
Old 09-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
I made a Shady Move yesterday..

love, the real mccoy
Old 09-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #13 (permalink)

OP, you deserve that card and the seller deserves a neg. you post a deal like that and the first post always takes it. thats how it works. stupid that these newbs come in and tries to do things differently...not how it works.

Also looking for Emma Watson and Kat Dennings
dashcounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALVINXLIONSX81 View Post
if he sold it before you pm'd him that is not a scam that is just him being honest,
Like I said i let him know that I'd be making the thread and apologized if the sale was legit all I asked was the guy confirming he bought it before me, but it was too much trouble...
Old 09-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashcounter View Post
OP, you deserve that card and the seller deserves a neg. you post a deal like that and the first post always takes it. thats how it works. stupid that these newbs come in and tries to do things differently...not how it works.
You apparently didn't read in detail. There is no proof what the seller is saying is not true. I have a hard time seeing it as okay to leave a neg based on speculation.

The seller might be lying, but you don't know for sure so a neg is a questionable move.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Good thing you aren't a mod...and I love you calling others newbs. When I saw you say that I went to look at your join date expecting 2010.......

collecting Quarterbacks ---> http://sportscardalbum.com/u/maninthemirror/a/quarterbacks
Old 09-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
TY, all i asked him is why make the thread if, card was gone...to which he had no response except be faster next time LOL.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Good thing you aren't a mod...and I love you calling others newbs. When I saw you say that I went to look at your join date expecting 2010.......
difference is, i dont come on the forums and offer something for sale and deny the first person to accept the deal.

Also looking for Emma Watson and Kat Dennings
dashcounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm44 View Post
TY, all i asked him is why make the thread if, card was gone...to which he had no response except be faster next time LOL.
Please don't use his post to justify your stance, his comment isn't even fully thought out based on the facts you've presented.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
Old 09-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #20 (permalink)

Whatever I'm clearly wrong here and all I wanted to do was have the confirmation, tried to remove the neg, but not sure how.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

F-ing crybaby kids. Isn't school back in session yet?
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Whatever I'm clearly wrong here and all I wanted to do was have the confirmation, tried to remove the neg, but not sure how.
PM a mod they will take care of it. Hopefully yours can get removed as well and both sides can move on and just let this one go.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
difference is, i dont come on the forums and offer something for sale and deny the first person to accept the deal.
I have the right to deny the first person to accept, for whatever reason. That does not make me a newb. That makes me a seller in control. They are my cards afterall and I will sell them to whom I please.
Quote:
Exactly- and that is why leaving unwarrented negs is such a no-no. Nice going.

Old 09-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
so be faster i have had people message me when i post a sale and not write on the board, i have also had folks post at the same time having to take the lesser auto because of who posted first. Just dont see where neg. was warranted in opinion.

Old 09-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #25 (permalink)

How can anyone post a video of a card on youtube and 2 minutes later its sold on youtube? That doesn't sound right to me

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote