Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 10:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Edge to Seattle

Seahawks agreed to terms with RB Edgerrin James on a one-year, $2 million contract.

This is what happens when you watch Julius Jones and T.J. Duckett for too long. We suspect James won't start immediately, but it could happen in time. Initially, he'll be a role player that will cut deeply into Jones' workload. James can still get what's blocked and is effective on passing downs, but he's an ordinary player now. This makes all three Seattle committee backs late-round fodder. Aug. 24 - 5:31 pm et
Source: PFT on NBCSports.com
Old 08-25-2009, 01:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

I think this deserves a bump. That's fairly big News considering what Edge is still capable of and how much publicity Jones/Duckett were getting by some experts as sleeper picks.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

It makes all three waiver wire picks in fantasy leagues til week 3 when we see who will actually be getting carries or see how bad the Seahawks offense is.

PS Forget Strasburg... Jordan Zimmermann is the Next Big thing in DC in 2009 and Beyond!
DadofTwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

Sounds like three times the mediocrity to me. I doubt any of them will make an impact.

Running Back by Committee only sounds good when you have multiple studs like Jonathan Stewart and MJ Drew.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

I would agree, but the top ESPN fantasy guy is on record as saying he expects Julius Jones to outperform Marion Barber in 2009, AND for T.J. Duckett to have at least 10 touchdowns. If the Seahawks backfield was capable of doing that, and Edge end up being the feature back before long, it could mean big numbers for him.

Now that the Seahawks actually have a healthy core of 3 legit receivers, it will be tougher for teams to just load up their defense to stop the run like they have the last 2 years. Before that, Shaun Alexander ran wild in largely the same system.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

Well Duckett got released last night,so it adds a little more value to Edge now

Profootballtalk.com reports that the Seahawks have informed T.J. Duckett of his release.

Duckett wasn't worth his $2M salary, but the move is surprising after Seattle paid him a $2.5M bonus this offseason. Paying Duckett, then cutting him for 31-year-old Edgerrin James is another in a long line of GM Tim Ruskell's forgettable moves. Duckett was also easily the club's best short-yardage option. James, Julius Jones, and camp star Justin Forsett are left to battle for touches. It remains to be seen which back will get goal-line carries. Aug. 24 - 11:25 pm et
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports
Old 08-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #7 (permalink)

No one is mentioning what this will do to Hightower and Beanie Wells cards/stock? Hightower's touches out to double right?
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
No one is mentioning what this will do to Hightower and Beanie Wells cards/stock? Hightower's touches out to double right?
And Hightower's huge average of 2.8 yards/carry will go up to 2.9. They are not a running team and don't know how to block for the run...Edge blew the past few years.

That being said, when Hasselback is healthy he is a very good QB. If he can stay healthy he will easily be a top 10 QB and probably higher.

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

Seahawks are on the way DOWN !!! The O-Line is mediocre at best. Time for the Birds to start rebuilding with youth,not aged players.

Kent
Kent Clements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

I like that the Seahawks got Edge but why did they cut Duckett. he was our third and goal line back. he was a tackle breaker. Jones should have been cut after only a two touchdown season last year. Go Seahawks.
Seahawks838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

wish justin forsett would get a chance to start
Casebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote