Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default has anyone ever had a problem sending a package to panini?

hey was just wondering if any of you have ever had a problem sending something in to panini???

On june 19th i sent in some box topps to panini along with a couple of other things because i had bought 11 boxs of there product and more then one of them was shorted hits. So they told me to send them in. I sent the package in as certified mail!! Luckly i did!! Yesterday i called panini because i had not heard or gotten anything from them in the mail. I spoke with a customer service person on the phone and asked how long it takes to here or get something back she said 4-6 weeks so i asked her then why have i not heard or gotten anything back? She then asks my name and when i tell her she tells me they never got a package from me!!! I then tell her yes you did i sent it certfied mail and i have the receipt to prove it. She puts me on hold for 10 minutes then gets back on the phone, and tells me i made a mistake we got your package in the mail. It is just takeing longer because we allow only 5 boxs a year and u had more then that. I said what do you mean by that and the rep said you as a customer are only allowed to send in 5 hobby boxs a year that have been shorted. And since you sent in more then that it is taking longer to process!! I asked how much longer since it has already been a couple months and the rep told me at least a couple more months!!!!

So what would happen if u bought a case of product from them and it was the worst case of product ever? And more then 5 boxs was shorted a hit?

have any of you guys had this happen?

thanks
248rayment4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 248rayment4343 View Post
hey was just wondering if any of you have ever had a problem sending something in to panini???

On june 19th i sent in some box topps to panini along with a couple of other things because i had bought 11 boxs of there product and more then one of them was shorted hits. So they told me to send them in. I sent the package in as certified mail!! Luckly i did!! Yesterday i called panini because i had not heard or gotten anything from them in the mail. I spoke with a customer service person on the phone and asked how long it takes to here or get something back she said 4-6 weeks so i asked her then why have i not heard or gotten anything back? She then asks my name and when i tell her she tells me they never got a package from me!!! I then tell her yes you did i sent it certfied mail and i have the receipt to prove it. She puts me on hold for 10 minutes then gets back on the phone, and tells me i made a mistake we got your package in the mail. It is just takeing longer because we allow only 5 boxs a year and u had more then that. I said what do you mean by that and the rep said you as a customer are only allowed to send in 5 hobby boxs a year that have been shorted. And since you sent in more then that it is taking longer to process!! I asked how much longer since it has already been a couple months and the rep told me at least a couple more months!!!!

So what would happen if u bought a case of product from them and it was the worst case of product ever? And more then 5 boxs was shorted a hit?

have any of you guys had this happen?

thanks

Did you ask them that question? If so, what did they say?

If I bought a case and I was shorted in 5+ boxes, I would return them and expect them to replace the shorted hits. I would think almost everyone would expect about the same thing. It sounds like they need to change their policy....there are a lot of case breakers out there who wouldn't be happy following that policy.
nephinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

no i did not ask that question because i do not buy by the case!!! it just so happened i found a good deal on some elite,threads and prestige and classic so i bought a total of 12 boxs!!!

i never heard of a rule like that it makes no sense so unless they think there qc is the best in the hobby
Old 08-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

From reading about the breaks of 09 Rookie and Stars on here it seems there are a lot of people getting shorted hits with that product. Not a very good start to the Panini takeover in my opinion. Like "nephinfan" said, what if you get a case and there are more than 5 boxes missing hits? Not a very good rule for Panini to have... looks like they are competing with U.D. for worst quality control. Good luck with your efforts with them.
jusdukky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 248rayment4343 View Post
no i did not ask that question because i do not buy by the case!!! it just so happened i found a good deal on some elite,threads and prestige and classic so i bought a total of 12 boxs!!!

i never heard of a rule like that it makes no sense so unless they think there qc is the best in the hobby
My only guess if that is their rule and not just some bs reason the person was giving you is if they feel like people are taking advantage of the system and claiming missing hits when they actually got all of their hits.
1993 pinnacle Joe dimaggio autograph
2010 topps chipper Jones/ mickey mantle dual gu/50(Got)
crr9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

crr9318 you my be right i could understand that if every couple months someone is making a claim. but i have also seen alot of rookie and stars breaks were people were shorted a auto..

and this is the first time i have made a claim with them and i have bought there product for along time!!!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

This story is not pleasant to hear. I really thought that when Panini purchased DLP that they were going to make their products/customer service better. DLP was really strapped for cash and Panini is a much larger company with a lot more capital...

...the book is still out on Panini, and maybe their products that have already come out were 'already in the works' or kind of already set when they took over. But it's about time that the products they are coming out with directly have Panini's influence on them. I am really begining to wonder if things are really just going to be the same with them at the helm instead of DLP. Not saying that is the worst thing in the world, but I really thought they would improve the products.

...we'll see. I'll give them some more time. In any event, they are still better than UD customer service (I think most people would agree)...
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterPattie View Post
This story is not pleasant to hear. I really thought that when Panini purchased DLP that they were going to make their products/customer service better. DLP was really strapped for cash and Panini is a much larger company with a lot more capital...

...the book is still out on Panini, and maybe their products that have already come out were 'already in the works' or kind of already set when they took over. But it's about time that the products they are coming out with directly have Panini's influence on them. I am really begining to wonder if things are really just going to be the same with them at the helm instead of DLP. Not saying that is the worst thing in the world, but I really thought they would improve the products.

...we'll see. I'll give them some more time. In any event, they are still better than UD customer service (I think most people would agree)...

I agree. I sent in damages inserts and autos from a 2008 SP Rookie Threads. I got a note stating they can not replace cards anymore and game me a dexter jackson triple gu with two other no bodys. Panini has a better customer service.