Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #26 (permalink)

Ehhh Idol didn't handle it the way I would have...but then again, I just babied a customer (practically gave him a reach-around, I was so nice) and gave him a full refund, and got the same end result, a big FAT negative.

That "ARCHITECTURAL ENGINEER" is clearly a part of the big % that has no business using ebay...or the internet, for that matter.
WilsonValdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idol View Post
Honestly...why should I give him back his money?!?! Even if I know there is a good chance I'm going to lose I should at least put up a fight. Nowadays sellers give up too easily and just refund. If I did that in the past I would've lost $500 on a PSA 10 Tom Brady 2000 UD Graded card I sold. Buyer had buyers remorse on and requested a refund. A simple phone call to eBay and I was able to keep the money and the buyer could not file a dispute against me for buyers remorse.. I'm sure a few of you remember that thread.

In a fairness I didn't do anything wrong. Card is what it is and in the condition stated. Just like Wheeler said...he probably got cold feet.

Nuff said..moving on
Pictures and descriptions go hand in hand. The picture looks fine and you used a blanket statement for the condition. If you're not going to show the back of the card, you should have at least described the white corners (posting the picture would have been easier - posting the picture AND making a specific mention of any perceived condition issue would have done you wonders, 99% chance of no problem).

Also, read Qwasian's response about how you handled the situation. We are just pointing out what you did wrong and what you could have done to a) avoid the negative and b) avoid any issues with the buyer by accurately describing the condition in detail (if there is ever anything noticeably wrong with the condition, make sure it's visible in the picture and/or MENTION it).
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #28 (permalink)

that is one fugly card

:Peyton:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:39 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
that is one fugly card
Looks better in person LOL
Old 09-26-2012, 11:42 PM   #30 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to DieHardCowboyFan33

All you had to do was say I'm sorry your not happy with your purchase, send it back and ill give you a refund. End of story. It is interesting though seeing two grown men fight like school girls

Edit: Also read your own sig, after all it is just a piece of cardboard

*Taking a break from the hobby until early May when I finish school*
Pending Deals: jryan_711, jason122883 x2 , hanstess, calvarycrazies, raw5060, Heroicdeck, nfin8e x2, 1yunggun

Last edited by DieHardCowboyFan33; 09-26-2012 at 11:45 PM.
DieHardCowboyFan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:50 PM   #31 (permalink)

Good thing e.e. cummings never became an architectural engineer, he wouldn't have lasted.
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:50 PM   #32 (permalink)

I have more cards than you dammit.
ZappBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:53 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsnsox07 View Post
Good thing e.e. cummings never became an architectural engineer, he wouldn't have lasted.
Ha. I see what you did there.
(Disclaimer: I'm a straight male, not a pedophile, and I do not find the ponies sexually attractive.)
AKHMERICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #34 (permalink)

"Resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die."
- Anonymous
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #35 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
Sounds like I just read a who has a bigger epenis thread... wow!

While the buyer sounds like a dick, you didn't show any restraint at all. I know it sucks, but with eBay's return policy, you need to take it with a smile and a possible negative.
Are you tired of the Jordy Nelson Magic Chrome Autograph yet? Its a sticker autograph, how lame. I thought everyone on here hated sticker autographs.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:03 AM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Honestly...why should I give him back his money?!?! Even if I know there is a good chance I'm going to lose I should at least put up a fight. Nowadays sellers give up too easily and just refund. If I did that in the past I would've lost $500 on a PSA 10 Tom Brady 2000 UD Graded card I sold. Buyer had buyers remorse on and requested a refund. A simple phone call to eBay and I was able to keep the money and the buyer could not file a dispute against me for buyers remorse.. I'm sure a few of you remember that thread.

In a fairness I didn't do anything wrong. Card is what it is and in the condition stated. Just like Wheeler said...he probably got cold feet.

Nuff said..moving on
Because you allowed it (from reading the emails, I couldn't find it on the auction) You seemed to have started to be more of a problem than the buyer, just let him return it and move on no need for all the other piss match BS.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:31 AM   #37 (permalink)

OP shows you a great example on how to not act professional. Please learn how to respond to your customers in a better manner.

When writing reports and field reports, engineers and architects of the sorts are told to write in CAPS. Only someone who studied in the field would have understood that comment.

Last edited by suki24; 09-27-2012 at 12:41 AM.
suki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:37 AM   #38 (permalink)

Idol, grow a pair bro. Alway complaining, way making yourself out to be better than everyone........getting old.
fishdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:58 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki24 View Post
OP shows you a great example on how to not act professional. Please learn how to respond to your customers in a better manner.

When writing reports and field reports, engineers and architects of the sorts are told to write in CAPS. Only someone who studied in the field would have understood that comment.
Well I just learned something today
Old 09-27-2012, 01:44 AM   #40 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss

Lol op. Got what you deserved.
Jenkinssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:10 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
In a fairness I didn't do anything wrong. Card is what it is and in the condition stated.
That's the thing though--you didn't really describe the condition. You didn't provide a photo of the back or describe the flaws with the card. Maybe doing that works out for you most of the time, but you can't really fault the buyer if they want to return a card for issues they had no way knowing were there when they bought the card.

Not trying to beat up on you, but why do you not show back scans of your cards? That would probably save you some problems.

[Inactive]
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:40 AM   #42 (permalink)

Buyers know they have the power wrt ebay dealings, so you're better off just refunding his money and moving along. I have also received cards that looked good on the front, but not so much on the back, and that's just part of doing biz on ebay.

As far as the buyer goes. First, he obviously doesn't have a half-mil dollar collection of Gem Mint cards, or that's all he would be buying, especially on Ebay. I don't think anyone EVER expects to receive a gem mint condition card in a penny sleeve and top loader. Or if it is, they will likely post scans of the front and back, and suggest that the card is 'grade worthy', which to me means the card is probably at least MINT.

Lesson learned for the seller - just refund the money and move along. Given it's a Jordan, I would scan both the front and back, especially if you know the buyer is going to be disappointed once he flips the card over himself.

Lesson learned for the buyer - want GEM MINT? Then friggin buy GEM MINT.
Mattspalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:55 AM   #43 (permalink)

I wanna see a large scan of the back of the card. Lets check out them corners!

Kevin

Psalm 23: 1-6
KevJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:56 AM   #44 (permalink)

Whenever you have a reputation to hold up and sell on a marketplace where feedback is everything, the customer is ALWAYS right. You got the card back. Refund him his money and just relist the card. It might not be right for him to do so but its something that happens in the business world. Not everyone can be pleased. By the inventory on your ebay store I dont think you need the couple hundred that bad. Ive had to deal with people far worse than this in the past. Its what happens on ebay everyday
KEARYCOLBERT83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:05 AM   #45 (permalink)

How hard is it to scan the back of a card??
purejd86p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:17 AM   #46 (permalink)

that is a good idea, since you have the card back why don't you scan the back of the card so that we can see the card like the buyer did??? If there are touches to the corners then there is no way that a card like that would be given an 8 when graded or classified as NRMT-MINT condition
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattspalace View Post
Lesson learned for the buyer - want GEM MINT? Then friggin buy GEM MINT.
I buy and sell on eBay and I see both sides of this. I've returned cards before due to conveniently cropped photos not showing corner issues. Know why? Because it sucks to buy a card for your PC, pay top dollar for it, and then find that it has a flaw that could have easily been noted by the seller either in the scan or in the description and wasn't. I'm talking about condition issues that would have had a big effect on how much you paid for the card.

I'm pretty tolerant about the realities of card condition, but when I see that a seller has obviously avoided showing condition problems, that tolerance goes down significantly. I'm not saying the OP did this since from what I see he never puts up the back scans of cards.

[Inactive]

Last edited by monkeymcgee; 09-27-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: by/buy
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #48 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

I never in 11 years have posted the back of a card and have not had any issues. Sometimes you just bump into that guy. However once you respond in a frustrated fashion as a seller it is destined to go downhill fast. As we all know buyers have all the leverage
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:27 AM   #49 (permalink)

- Never put your customer on the defensive.
- Never talk down to your customer.
- Never belittle your customer.
- Never criticize your customer.
- Never judge your customer.
- Never embarrass your customer.

the following is from http://www.job-interview-site.com/cu...-examples.html

"What are Top Customer Service Skills?

Here is a list of essential skills:

•Patience – Before any other skill is possible, a company representative must be patient and able to listen attentively.
•Tact – Customers are easily displeased or disappointed; a company representative should always be tactful, never aggressive or defensive, and never blame the customer.
•Empathy – This is the ability to understand the customers, his/her needs and mood. Let’s say a customer expresses feeling cheated or disappointed — a company representative with effective customer skills will respond in a tone and manner that will appease and reassure the customer.
•Assessment – Good assessment works together with effective empathy. To assess is to ask questions and gather customer-related information through observation to gauge the needs and potential of a customer.
•Negotiation – All of these skills come together in effective negotiation. To negotiate well, you need patience and tact, empathy and assessment. You need to be able to make quick and shrewd decisions regarding customer needs and company policy to satisfy both ends."

Last edited by HighEndHits; 09-27-2012 at 08:31 AM.
HighEndHits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #50 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
sounds like you both were being idiots.
And don't laugh at the bolded with him talking about his collection because you kind of did the same thing when you said you have 90 9.5.

It was definitely a measuring contest
I agree and I am saying this as someone who sounds like an idiot a lot.

OP should have shown the back.
OP should NOT have put a condition in the listing.
OP should not have thrown out the Power seller blurb.

Buyer sounds like someone who wants BGS 9.5 for BGS 8.5 prices.

2 fails here
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote