Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 01:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Official MADDEN XBOX 360 Fantasy Draft League

WINNER OF THE SUPERBOWL EACH YEAR WILL GET A $50-$100 CARD OF A PLAYER ON THE TEAM THEY WIN WITH!!!!

I might also give out some smaller prizes for different categories if everything runs smooth and we fill all 32 slots!

I'm getting interest in a new league for Madden 13 on the Xbox 360.

Been a fan of your team for years and cringe at some of the moves they make? Has your team had a losing record for years?

BE A GM/COACH In Madden 13 and draft your WHOLE Roster on your favorite team.

Rules are copied from the BlowOut Gridiron league since it is running very smoothly. I'm having a blast with it but I think teams will be much more fair and even doing the new Fantasy draft option.

Draft will be discussed on by all participents for the best day to do it but as of right now it will be October 6th, Saturday Night at 7P.M. EST

This is just a random date and most likely will be changed so we can get everybody on and ready to draft.

League Name:BLOWOUT FANTASY
League Type: Created Coaches / Fantasy Draft
Salary Cap:On
Skill Level: All-Pro
Qtr Length: 6 mins
Accelerated Clock: On
Injuries/Pre existing injuries: On
Trades and Deadline:On

League Rules (can be adjusted slightly but i want to keep them pretty simple to avoid confusion, as real feel as possible, and keep it fair and fun)

1.HAVE FUN and show SPORTSMANSHIP win or lose
2.No quitting. Take a loss as you would a win....with Pride
3.No cheating- nanos and whatever other glitches pop up this year
4.No NO HUDDLE overuse. Meaning not every play or every other play.
5.MUST punt on 4th and 4 or more if not passed the 50 yrd line unless losing in the 4th qtr.
6. Dont run up the score. If you've got a nice lead and theres no way you will be beat please show sportsmanship.
7. If game disconnects due to EA servers you will have to replay game regardless of what qtr or how big of lead you had UNLESS opponent agrees and doesnt want to replay game then you will be allowed to play vs CPU.

**2 strike rule in effect for regular season/playoffs. If you miss 2 consecutive games AND/OR quit 2 games without notice you will be booted from league. STAYING ACTIVE is a MUST for this league to be successful and QUITTERS WILL NOT be tolerated.**

These are just set in place to keep it competitive and fun for all. If you dont agree with these rules please do not join. Trades and FA signing will be discussed once everyone has joined so please do not make any trades or pick up FAs until rules are set in place.

FA's,Trades,and Advancing Schedule (These are set in place so no one abuses the FA pool or makes bogus trades.If you have a better suggestion for FA's and Trades feel free to bring it to the table for review)

1. FA's are only to be picked up if your starting player at that position gets hurt. (EX. A.Johnson gets hurt so I pick up P.Burress)

2. Trading will be based on Rating points. Players in trade must be within 5 +/- pts. (Ex. Want a 90 Rated player must trade a player between 85-95 Rating)

3. I will be advancing every Monday and Thursday at 9pm EST unless of course all games are played before then,this should give everyone enough time to get your games in. Communication is KEY please message your opponent and coordinate game times. 7pm will be cut-off time on advance day, meaning if by 7pm you have not played your game and your opponent is online you will be set to "auto pilot" so game can be played versus CPU and once week is advanced "auto pilot" will be turned off so you can regain control of team.

Please post your Xbox 360 Gamer Tag and the team you want to draft for. I'm hoping to keep this league going for atleast 6 months and multiple seasons. Between trading/FA's and the Rookie NL Draft, even if you have a crappy first year, you have full control to draft , trade and pickup FA's to improve your teams over the years.

You also have the XP Gained each week to improve players however you wish for your playstyle. I think this will be VERY fun and competitive. If you love Fantasy Football, I think you will love this even more!

1. FreeFlow (Raiders) GT: NFL FreeFlow
2. JohnnyHO82 (49ers) GT: JohnnyHO82
3. git_it_boy_3 (Cardinals) GT: gib4life
4. cfnnb9 (Chiefs) GT: Unknown
5. freethrowtommy (Packers) GT: fttommy
6. CALVINXLIONSX81 (Lions) GT: CALVINXLIONSX81
7. Shinypsptitans (Titans) GT cornswagger
8. hxcdavidjones (Unknown) GT: Jonesy4242
9. newton615 (Patriots) GT: Reign of Shane
10. iBLeeDBaTTLeReD (Texans) GT: iBLeeDBaTTLeReD
11. dustin9900 (Redskins) GT: dustin9900
12. strasburg (Jets) GT: iR_Retro
13. Metsfan1121 (Chargers) GT: Metsfan1121

Looking to Buy- Redskins-Raiders-Bills-Lakers-PelicansRookie Autos

Last edited by FreeFlow; 10-01-2012 at 06:54 PM.
FreeFlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Im in, Ill be the Chiefs
cfnnb9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

4 People in so far, Get your favorite team before they are gone!

I think this will be a lot of fun..... Once we hit 20 members , we'll make it official and work on a solid draft date.

I'm also updating OP...... Winner of the Superbowl each year will get a $50-$100 card of the team they win with!!!!

Old 09-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900

What are the advance days going to be? Please don't say monday thursday we already have 2 of those lol.

anyway put me down for Washington---dustin9900 is gt.
dustin9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

PUt me down for Green Bay right now. GT is fttommy.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Oh prizes?? Ill get it with the Titans!!!

GT: cornswagger

Last edited by Shinypsptitans; 09-29-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Shinypsptitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Jonesy4242 packers please
hxcdavidjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Reign of Shane, Patriots
Old 09-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

iBLeeDBaTTLeReD- Texans

Prizes oh my, let the REAL drama begin
Old 09-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

give me the Lions, same as forum name
Old 09-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

Leif Ender

Panthers

(this way I don't have to fight anybody for Luke)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
Leif Ender

Panthers

(this way I don't have to fight anybody for Luke)
its a draft, Luke is mine unless you draft him 1st round
Old 09-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

actually, while the prizes sound fun, i don't know if I'll have time

i'm gonna back off

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

OP Updated, 22 Teams left!

Old 09-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900

you missed me in post #4.....washington redskins----dustin9900 is gt

And have you done a fantasy draft yet? you are going to have to stay for the whole draft and be willing to pause it for people the screwed up draft setting madden has there is not enough time at 45 seconds. just a thought. we didn't have to the whole draft last time but we were in a party chat and if you couldn't get it done in time you said pause it real quick to let you finish the pick. Specially since not all players are always available they show up at random times for whatever reason and you need time to search.
dustin9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin9900 View Post

And have you done a fantasy draft yet? you are going to have to stay for the whole draft and be willing to pause it for people the screwed up draft setting madden has there is not enough time at 45 seconds. just a thought. we didn't have to the whole draft last time but we were in a party chat and if you couldn't get it done in time you said pause it real quick to let you finish the pick. Specially since not all players are always available they show up at random times for whatever reason and you need time to search.
Not to mention you can't set your draft board if you can't make draft :facepalm:
Old 09-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Strasburg

Jets. Gamertag: iR Retro
Sent from U.S Airways WiFi

Last edited by Strasburg; 09-30-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Strasburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin9900 View Post

Added you.... Thanks for the advice, I only did one with me and a buddy.

I will absolutely be there the whole time and expect everyone to have a microphone on party chat. Is there a limit to how many people can be in xbox party chat?

Also, Nobody should be talking during the draft besides me and the person on the clock so I can know exactly when to pause and un-pause to move the draft along as fast as possible.

How long should we expect the draft to take? I'm thinking 4-6 hours so I will most likely change the draft time to 2P.M. EST on a saturday date we can all agree on.

I am also thinking of changing the Advance days to Thursday and Sunday nights at 10 P.M. EST so you get the extra 1 day during the weekdays for most people that work 9-5's

I know it may seem like a long time to commit for the draft but I'm prepared to keep this league going ll the way to the release of madden 14 and have PLENTY of cards to keep the giveaways going.

I think adding the prizes will make it worth people's time. For me, giving away stuff has always been something I do so being able to take that to something people have to earn through skill on AND off the field will be ton of fun.

Keep the sign-ups coming, we are almost half full! Also remember this is a BLOWOUT MEMBER Only league UNLESS we cannot fill every slot I will allow each person to bring in one real life friend that they can trust to hold up all of the rules. If it comes down to this, if the person you bring in is booted for cheating or you guys make some off-the-wall trades, you will be booted as well so make sure you know this person good!

That is all for now, If anyone has ANY concerns or suggestions, please speak up!

Last edited by FreeFlow; 09-30-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Strasburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeFlow View Post
Added you.... Thanks for the advice, I only did one with me and a buddy.

I will absolutely be there the whole time and expect everyone to have a microphone on party chat. Is there a limit to how many people can be in xbox party chat?

Also, Nobody should be talking during the draft besides me and the person on the clock so I can know exactly when to pause and un-pause to move the draft along as fast as possible.

How long should we expect the draft to take? I'm thinking 4-6 hours so I will most likely change the draft time to 2P.M. EST on a saturday date we can all agree on.

I am also thinking of changing the Advance days to Thursday and Sunday nights at 10 P.M. EST so you get the extra 1 day during the weekdays for most people that work 9-5's

I know it may seem like a long time to commit for the draft but I'm prepared to keep this league going ll the way to the release of madden 14 and have PLENTY of cards to keep the giveaways going.

I think adding the prizes will make it worth people's time. For me, giving away stuff has always been something I do so being able to take that to something people have to earn through skill on AND off the field will be ton of fun.

Keep the sign-ups coming, we are almost half full! Also remember this is a BLOWOUT MEMBER Only league UNLESS we cannot fill every slot I will allow each person to bring in one real life friend that they can trust to hold up all of the rules. If it comes down to this, if the person you bring in is booted for cheating or you guys make some off-the-wall trades, you will be booted as well so make sure you know this person good!

That is all for now, If anyone has ANY concerns or suggestions, please speak up!

Please make the draft on a Saturday or Sunday. And you should probally make the advance times friendly to people who have limited time during the week. and my GT doesn't have an underscore btw, my bad.
Sent from U.S Airways WiFi
Strasburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strasburg View Post
Please make the draft on a Saturday or Sunday. And you should probally make the advance times friendly to people who have limited time during the week. and my GT doesn't have an underscore btw, my bad.
I just said draft would be on saturday, sunday is football so not many would like that.

Also why I said Advance days would be Thursday and Sunday at 10 P.M. EST so people who work 9-5's will get the extra day during the week.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #21 (permalink)

I believe the party cap is either 8 or 12 op, no way everyone is going to be able to be there
Old 09-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #22 (permalink)

chargers are mine, same name as blowout, thanks!
Metsfan1121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:10 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
I believe the party cap is either 8 or 12 op, no way everyone is going to be able to be there
Thanks for the info, I'll have some other options , worst case I'll give my phone number so anyone can just text "pause" and "un-pause"

Old 10-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #24 (permalink)

18 Spots left.

Changed two rules to reflect online ranked games

All Madden changed to All Pro.... I find in the other league the computer is just way better. I'm MUCH better off staying on the d-line then dropping into coverage or playing the run as a MLB like I do in ranked, the CPU is just much better at doing that.

I think user skill is more involved at the All-Pro skill level so that's what we are going with, Online Ranked Settings which also means 7 minute Quarters are now 6 Minutes. This should reduce each game by 15-20 minutes I have found between the ranked games I play and the 7 minute league games.

It will make a big difference committing 30-40 minutes twice a week instead of almost an hour twice a week IMO.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #25 (permalink)

I am not sure if I agree with the All Madden/All Pro thing.

All Madden was cheese in previous years because all it did was cause open WR to drop passes more often. Seems they fixed that.

I find that I can torch a defense on either setting in 13 but that All Madden makes the rest of the team just less stupid and more likely to clean up on a bad choice (hence, a ton more interceptions).

I guess it doesn't really matter. We will see how it goes.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote