Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 08:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jbellis74
Default You are all pretty up to date but...

What does everyone think about Shonn Green from the Jets?

"Recent reports suggest that the Jets might consider trading Thomas Jones, but sources also suggest that the team would only consider such a move if Shonn Greene proves he is everything the team thought he was. The Jets had Greene listed as their number one ranked running back on draft day, so the opportunity is there for the rookie, especially for the future. Greene couldn’t have landed in a better spot for the long-term.

In 2008, he hit the 100-yard mark during every single 2008 contest. He scored in every single game but one and scored 14 times in his final six outings. He has all the measurables and is the perfect size for the NFL at 5-11, 235 pounds and is in the ideal long-term situation with the Jets. The Jets couldn’t have had a more powerful draft moving up to select quarterback Mark Sanchez, and landing Greene was absolutely ridiculous. Both are the future of that Jets franchise and everyone in New York knows it! According to NJ.com, the Jets "could hardly contain themselves" when RB Shonn Greene was still on the board after day one of the 2009 NFL Draft. Last Saturday night, after rounds one and two of the 2009 NFL Draft, and into Sunday morning, the Jets organization reportedly determined by a unanimous vote that they had to do whatever needed to be done to land Greene.

They actually traded up to get him with the very first pick of day two (which was the start of round three). Jets running back coach Anthony Lynn had Greene rated as his top running back prospect out of all of the 2009 running back class. Jets coach Rex Ryan reportedly praised Greene’s vision and compared him Curtis Martin. "This is a special talent," Ryan said. "We want to run the football and this guy gives us that kind of ‘ground and pound’ that we’re looking for." This running back looks like Ronnie Brown in-the-making (before his ACL tear). He might just be this year’s Chris Johnson, meaning when all is said and done he could be the biggest steal from 2009 fantasy football rookie drafts."

Player Comparison: Ronnie Brown

Forty Time: 4.50 Pro Day | 4.63 Combine time View Times
Old 08-27-2009, 08:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

Everyone's been saying good things about Leon Washington as well. With both T. Jones and Washington still above him on the depth chart, I don't know how much carries Shonn Green will get. Probably next year Jones will be gone, and Washington and Green will be in some kind of committee system.
sebe-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

Leon Washington is the man!!! I was watching the 2008 Jets recap that I DVR'ed and He is one fast MoFo!!!!

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jbellis74

I know but I dont think the Jets see him as an everday back

Remember Dave Meggett was pretty fast also but the Giants only seemed to use him on 3rd downs
Old 08-27-2009, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbellis74 View Post
I know but I dont think the Jets see him as an everday back

Remember Dave Meggett was pretty fast also but the Giants only seemed to use him on 3rd downs
Its because he is soo small. I would keep him as an option back as well as kick off and punt returner!

I think he is worth it!

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote