Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Default Good Sections to sit in during the game?

Hey guys, was hoping to go to my first game soon and noticed the Giants will be playing against the Redskins on the 21st, which happens to be 1 day before my B-Day. So I'm thinking of taking myself as a present for myself.

Anyways any suggestions on good seats? Hoping to see everything easily without having to look up at the screen all the time if that's possible. Also any tips for having a chance to possibly meet some players? Any other tips/advice appreciated.

Not looking to spend more than $250 on a ticket if possible, thanks for any help.

New York Giants Tickets - The Official Ticket Exchange of the NFL
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
Hey guys, was hoping to go to my first game soon and noticed the Giants will be playing against the Redskins on the 21st, which happens to be 1 day before my B-Day. So I'm thinking of taking myself as a present for myself.

Anyways any suggestions on good seats? Hoping to see everything easily without having to look up at the screen all the time if that's possible. Also any tips for having a chance to possibly meet some players? Any other tips/advice appreciated.

Not looking to spend more than $250 on a ticket if possible, thanks for any help.

New York Giants Tickets - The Official Ticket Exchange of the NFL

check out club seats. i go to a packer game every year and get club seats. with the club seats i get a free autograph from the guest signer of that game. last year was Ahman Green. i got a fist bump and he signed the photo 'Batman'. i got a fist bump and auto and nickname auto from the Packers all time leading rusher on Xmas! also the club seats are high up and if you get a good angle you can see everything!!! people with box seats routinely sit in our seats at halftime because 'its not the same as being outside with everyone else'.
we have primo food selections like pastas and fish and fruit and roast beef!i also have seen the miller highlife guy in our area and got his auto and apparently Bart Starr has been spotted more than once down the hall in the building. i pay face value $215 ish. its not common to get that price. worth every penny. you have leg room and they wait on us so we dont have to go inside for drinks or food! bathrooms are right around the corner and theres never a line.

mine and my dads autograph collections get bigger with every game. sometimes there is 2 signers. all Packers HOF players. Not NFL HOF but Packer HOF. we dont get to know who the signer is until 7 days or less before the game

'the confrontation with god is the confrontation with the unconscious'
carl jung
phreak9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

i havent found anyhting that says whether or not you get an auto with giants club seats. i found tix on ebay starting at $200 and this site but no mention of autos. at the packer games they let people in the stadium just over an hour or so before the game starts and the player/s sign in the restaurant area upstairs for 45 minutes. line is about 100-200 people and they stop about 10 minutes before kickoff and some are left in line with no autograph. i think they stop early cuz the player signing also is introduced on the field before the game or sometimes at halftime.

so if you dont find any mention of the autos still get there early and look around upstairs and feel free to ask questions to workers and other people so you dont miss out.

also the earlier you go the closer and cheaper you can park. but its likely Green Bay yard or church parking or free side street parking is a luxury you dont have.

Official PSL Marketplace of the New York Giants Buy Sell Personal Seat Licenses
Old 10-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Bump for more info!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak9 View Post
check out club seats. i go to a packer game every year and get club seats. with the club seats i get a free autograph from the guest signer of that game. last year was Ahman Green. i got a fist bump and he signed the photo 'Batman'. i got a fist bump and auto and nickname auto from the Packers all time leading rusher on Xmas! also the club seats are high up and if you get a good angle you can see everything!!! people with box seats routinely sit in our seats at halftime because 'its not the same as being outside with everyone else'.
we have primo food selections like pastas and fish and fruit and roast beef!i also have seen the miller highlife guy in our area and got his auto and apparently Bart Starr has been spotted more than once down the hall in the building. i pay face value $215 ish. its not common to get that price. worth every penny. you have leg room and they wait on us so we dont have to go inside for drinks or food! bathrooms are right around the corner and theres never a line.

mine and my dads autograph collections get bigger with every game. sometimes there is 2 signers. all Packers HOF players. Not NFL HOF but Packer HOF. we dont get to know who the signer is until 7 days or less before the game

'the confrontation with god is the confrontation with the unconscious'
carl jung
you must love that quote

ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

I actually prefer upper end zone. It's a different angle than tv and you can watch the play develop.
nickha2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickha2 View Post
I actually prefer upper end zone. It's a different angle than tv and you can watch the play develop.
you get a bit of that in the club seats as well. i remember my 1st game with these seats. the pack had vernand morency and he was handed the ball 7-12 yards from the end zone and i saw him juke 1 lion and the next guy was 1 yard away and the next guy was 2 yards away and all he had to do was juke and juke. i was already on my feet yelling touchdown when he was still finishing juking the 2nd guy at the 5. juke juke TD. club seats and the height they are at gives you that vision but only when the team is on your end of the field. i get 1-3 of those per game but still can see everthying and where the ball is. except that snowglobe playoff game. that was the sickest thing ever! they started with shovels, then big shovels, then a small mower/tractor, then a massive tractor. got autos of winters and freeman at that one

'the confrontation with god is the confrontation with the unconscious' carl jung
Old 10-05-2012, 02:51 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post
you must love that quote

its quite a profound statement about what powers us. what is really in control. search 'conscious,subconscious, unconscious' and read. its deep and possibly the most important thing ive ever read besides understanding 'ID,ego and superego' and how they work. i think every person should understand these very basic things. definitely read up on them

you a MJD fan? ME TOO!!!!!! my most recent buy is the press pass BEAST. ive got most the other awesome rookies. exquisite, contenders 9.5, chrome auto psa10, new nike jersey. im hoping the jags move to L.A. not having a football team here sucks. lakers raiders 49ers dodgers and weather blah boring. but for the most part nobody talks sports. i think ive had as many soccer conversations with my foreign friends

'the confrontation with god is the confrontation with the unconscious' carl jung
Old 10-05-2012, 07:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

Save your money and stay home from the game
gatordeve86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

i bought tix in the 80s to see the Cowboys vs Bengals in Cincy...the NFL had a strike and the game got cancelled. Years later i went to see the Cowboys vs Falcons in like 93 or so...one of the years they won the super bowl...Emmitt got hurt, was the first time he'd ever been injured..figures...i decided i was jinxed lol.

I did go see the Browns vs Bengals in the old Cleveland Stadium in 92 and got field level tix about 5 rows off the sidelines...sat next to Tommy Vardell's room mate from Stanford. I was trying to get tix, he was picking his up from will call and had an extra so he just gave it to me.

I liked sitting down near the sidelines the best...been to a few other pro/college games and I think anywhere near the 50 yard line in the lower levels is where i'd want to be.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #11 (permalink)

Try this. I know it's not the best or most accurate thing in the workd but I think it helps some.

MetLife Stadium Seating Views - Section Views - Seating Chart - SeatHound.com
HenneFan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenneFan007 View Post
Try this. I know it's not the best or most accurate thing in the workd but I think it helps some.

MetLife Stadium Seating Views - Section Views - Seating Chart - SeatHound.com
Thanks, this is helpful in giving me a good idea of where I'd like to sit.

Now for those of you who got autos at a game, what did you get signed and how'd you go about getting it signed
Old 10-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
Thanks, this is helpful in giving me a good idea of where I'd like to sit.

Now for those of you who got autos at a game, what did you get signed and how'd you go about getting it signed
autos at games? once in awhile there is a tent outside and a player signing but that takes forever in line because everyone gets one. whereas with the club seats its complimentary and theres only 500-1,000 people that sit up there and many already have the auto or are late or dont care. i have also heard paul hornung and someone else sign at a bar/restaurant down the road for $40 but i have not looked in to that. so i would research online. if you get low level seats maybe just showing up as soon as they open the stadium to fans and get as close to the field as you can. otherwise find out if an auto is complimentary with club seats and DO IT!

here is just a repeat of what i posted earlier
at the packer games they let people in the stadium just over an hour or so before the game starts and the player/s sign in the restaurant area upstairs for 45 minutes. line is about 100-200 people and they stop about 10 minutes before kickoff and some are left in line with no autograph. i think they stop early cuz the player signing also is introduced on the field before the game or sometimes at halftime.

so if you dont find any mention of the autos still get there early and look around upstairs and feel free to ask questions to workers and other people so you dont miss out.

also the earlier you go the closer and cheaper you can park. but its likely Green Bay yard or church parking or free side street parking is a luxury you dont have.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #14 (permalink)

50 yard line, row 1.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote