Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default The Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2012 Certified Football (Part 1, 66 Image

The Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2012 Certified Football (Part 1, 66 Images)

October 4, 2012 at 3:59 PM

As you read this, 2012 Certified Football — one of the flagship brands in the Panini America NFL portfolio — is in the finishing stages of being revamped for a new season. And judging by the shimmering sheen of the holographic filmboard used to produce this year’s cards, Certified’s future remains bright.

Bolstered by a crisp, clean design and an expansive checklist that includes this season’s best rookies, the NFL’s biggest current superstars and retired legends from both the recent and distant past, 2012 Certified Football begins shipping next week. But the Panini America Product Development began the quality control process for the product this morning.

You can get your first extended look at the product in the massive gallery that follows. We’ll have more glimpses from tomorrow’s second-day QC process in the coming days.

The Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2012 Certified Football (Part 1, 66 Images) The Official Panini America Blog
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Need that Haywood Jeffires card. I assume there is an auto!
2009 National Treasures Retired Signature Autographs
2005 Upper Deck Heroes Header Autographs
joecarterfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

looks cool...hope the cardstock is thick or they will probably roll up in to a "U" shape in a week.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

I really wish they'd stop having runover from product to product. The horizontal FOTG autos are essentially the Limited RPAs without the patches, the Certified Skills jumbo jerseys look like something out of Absolute, and the foil look is the same thing they use in every product. Why would a consumer be compelled to drop money on separate releases that all look the same and are essentially interchangeable? There are some good things that Panini is doing, but there are problems like this that come off as lazy and just make me scratch my head.
gamboooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Why aren't the freshman fabrics on card anymore?
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

I can't believe they still don't have game photos for the rookies who weren't at the rookie premiere. How hard can that be? They're reusing the same pictures over and over again.
rmw10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

Dear Panini,

Serial numbers should go on front. The front is the focus of the card. The back is usually filler. Also, please stop putting serials on non auto'd, non patched inserts out of /999 that no one gives a damn about.

P.S. If anyone from Panini happens to read this for some strange reason, please send me free letterman cards. I want to spell out, "I bought Panini and all I got was recycled cards from the last eight sets." That's a lot of letters to pull myself.
FanboyOfNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Why is the big white box on the freshman fabric cards? Not only does it not need to be there on a silver background, but it looks ridiculous. There is no reason to separate out the sticker on that card, and it turns a cooler design into a horrid one.

Additionally, I have no clue why Panini needs every image and relic trapped in their own little box on the card. Look at the Elway FOTG single and the jumbo FOTG from the rookies. RGIII looks like he is in quarantine on the right side of the design. It looks effing stupid - like someone tried to play tetris with the card's design.

These are almost as bad as the Absolute preview from yesterday.

My Teddy Bridgewater Collection: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Gellman/a/teddy-bridgewater
deltapi1049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

I just threw up in my mouth a little...
Old 10-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #10 (permalink)

Sticker autos across the board this year blows but that Lambert Immortals auto is pretty sweet and a must have for this guy ! Maybe they're trying to cut down on all the redemptions this year after last years rather heavy load in Certified ? Either way, sticker autos on the Frosh Fabs blows.

As someone who puts the Immortals subset together I'm glad to see they added some new blood this year but Rocket Ismial and NFL Immortal don't make much sense to me. College Immortal yes, NFL ? not so much.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Wow what a disappointment. Certified is one of my favorite breaks but this looks terrible. WAY too much foil, all the FOTG variations either look bad or just like other Panini products, and the Freshman Fabrics remind me of Topps Tribute and that product was bleh. Plus back to stickers are you kidding me? It's like they were shocked this product came up you really weren't ready for on-card autos for one of your flagship products?

The Tannehill FF looks a lot like this card just the flip the auto and memorabilia:
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

Good ole panini, are their headquarters in an earthquake zone by any chance?
trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

Some of them remind me of Topps Gold Label.
kl4life2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

I really like the base. Hate the new FOTGs though.....that will prevent me from buying a box.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

Gosh darn it....stop putting Randall Cunningham in your garbage products. I don't even want to slightly feel like I have to acquire them

(Oh and the new FOTG/Freshman Fabric, suck giant donkey balls...why in the hell would you mess with one of the only things you do RIGHT?)
Old 10-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Wheres the pics of the FF gold and emeralds? Wheres the pics of the 1/1 shields? Quality control picture FAIL!
SledMonster76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledMonster76 View Post
Wheres the pics of the FF gold and emeralds? Wheres the pics of the 1/1 shields? Quality control picture FAIL!
The Andrew Luck Mirror Black Shield is being held for replacement cards sent to collectors for missing hits.

My Teddy Bridgewater Collection: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Gellman/a/teddy-bridgewater
deltapi1049 is offline   Reply With Quote