Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #26 (permalink)

I find it funny that some of you blame Kolb for that game last night. Pretty tough to complete passes from flat on your back or with DEs hanging around your neck. Factor in the beating he took from Miami last week and it's a wonder he finished the game or at least didn't go all Jay Cutler on those stiffs. Being fair, I thought he played pretty well considering he got the p*ss beat out of him every game this year but the Philly one. Coaches didn't help much either with the calls but I guess they can't even call screens with those stiffs up front ?

Cards need a major offensive line make-over and another DB and they'd be legit. I thought Kolb was a system QB in college and would be more Arena QB than NFL QB but he's better than I thought. Not saying he's top tier, pro-bowl material but he can win games in this league if given time. I don't think any QB in the league could have won that game for the Cards last night behind that line.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #27 (permalink)

Not sure how you could be less embarrassed about this stat:

"The Cardinals did not win more than seven games in any season between 1999 and
2006"
Old 10-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajlaxmn View Post
I can't imagine the Cards not falling from contention for the rest of the season. With O-line play like that, no chance.
It doesn't help that Kolb can't hit the broadside of a barn door.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
I find it funny that some of you blame Kolb for that game last night. Pretty tough to complete passes from flat on your back or with DEs hanging around your neck. Factor in the beating he took from Miami last week and it's a wonder he finished the game or at least didn't go all Jay Cutler on those stiffs. Being fair, I thought he played pretty well considering he got the p*ss beat out of him every game this year but the Philly one. Coaches didn't help much either with the calls but I guess they can't even call screens with those stiffs up front ?

Cards need a major offensive line make-over and another DB and they'd be legit. I thought Kolb was a system QB in college and would be more Arena QB than NFL QB but he's better than I thought. Not saying he's top tier, pro-bowl material but he can win games in this league if given time. I don't think any QB in the league could have won that game for the Cards last night behind that line.
When he had time to complete passes earlier in the game, he missed players completely. He looked horrible.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #30 (permalink)

The amount of football knowledge on here is incredible.

Kolb stinks.

Wells and Williams stink.

The O-line stinks is the correct answer. Everything starts with the O-line. If there are no holes to run thru it doesn't matter who your running back is. If your QB gets sacked 9 times it doesn't matter who the QB is.

If Kolb is holding the ball too long, that could be because of the pass play called. Some plays take a long time to develop.

Even if the O-line is not good, the coaches need to adjust the offensive calls to fit what they have to work with line wise. They still won't be an offensive power but at least they have a better chance of not dealing the negative yardage plays making first downs difficult.
jusdukky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codyfinesse View Post
I can spell just fine. I'm on a cell phone and I type to fast. Usually my auto correct catches is but I guess it can't spell .
I call #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@

tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusdukky View Post

Kolb stinks.

The O-line stinks is the correct answer. Everything starts with the O-line. If there are no holes to run thru it doesn't matter who your running back is. If your QB gets sacked 9 times it doesn't matter who the QB is.

If Kolb is holding the ball too long, that could be because of the pass play called. Some plays take a long time to develop.

Even if the O-line is not good, the coaches need to adjust the offensive calls to fit what they have to work with line wise. They still won't be an offensive power but at least they have a better chance of not dealing the negative yardage plays making first downs difficult.
But Kolb not seeing open WRs, throwing behind WRs and just flat out missing WRs last night is on the O-line? Right...

Kolb had a few good shots at the end zone that he just flat out blew... without any pressure.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
I call #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@

Because you don't need 64 gigs bif

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/detox1515/
detox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #34 (permalink)

And they should have lost to New England as well....so really...the Cards are 1-3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
Cheer up, they should have lost last week too. They were absolutely dominated by the Dolphins, who are a competent kicker away from 3-1.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #35 (permalink)

And they should have lost to New England as well....so really...the Cards are 2-3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
Cheer up, they should have lost last week too. They were absolutely dominated by the Dolphins, who are a competent kicker away from 3-1.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
Cards will finish last in the division, I said it earlier this year.

They are overachieving for sure.

ZERO run game, terrible O-line...and Kolb!
says the fan of the team they just lost too

when Kolb is fairly protected, they win. *cough* see that 4th and 10 pass vs your precious Dolphins for the TD

when they don't protect Kolb.........well.......we all saw what happened

Kolb surely missed some throws last night, but after the 1st quarter, O-Line didnt even give him a chance to make a comeback like they had been doing
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusdukky View Post

Kolb stinks.

this guy gets it
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
I call #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@

Wow man your trying really hard to show a spelling error on my part..who gives a Damn. That's not what this thread is about.

And btw what are you getting at with that picture? That I'm lying? You think I just said damn auto correct I think your wrong and I'm right? Get lost.

I'm upset with my team. Just like everyone else when their team drops a stinker.
Codyfinesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post

when Kolb is fairly protected and the defense plays well/makes stops/forces turnovers, they win. *cough* see that 4th and 10 pass vs your precious Dolphins for the TD

Kolb surely missed some throws last night, but after the 1st quarter, O-Line didnt even give him a chance to make a comeback like they had been doing
Fixed it for ya.

I never said Miami was any better - our squad is striped and rebuilding under the boneheads of Ireland and Ross. We have a rookie QB for crying out loud! One who threw for over 400+ vs that soft secondary! Without a clear cut #1 WR in my eyes. The way they have been playing, Miami COULD be 3-1. But I realize they are not and I am frustrated too.

Upfront ther Cards are very good with Washington, Campbell etc. Other than, I'll say it for the second time - their running game is ZERO, their O-line sucks (most important positions in football) and Kolb - who you can't say he is the answer to this team right??

Incoming -
Outgoing -

Last edited by DetectiveChrome; 10-05-2012 at 02:20 PM.
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post

when Kolb is fairly protected, they win. *cough* see that 4th and 10 pass vs your precious Dolphins for the TD

If he hits his throws like any decent QB would, they don't need to make a comeback. Sure, the O-line was bad, but you make it sound like Kolb is actually a serviceable QB... he is not.

It was 10-3 for a majority of the game... and the Rams only scored a TD on their first series outside of the 4th quarter. There wasn't much to come back from. Even if he hits one of those TD throws in the first quarter, the game is tied until the 4th. You make it sound like he was clawing from 21 points down.

When you are overthrowing Fitz, you know that something is wrong... good god.

Last edited by freethrowtommy; 10-05-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #41 (permalink)

I freaking hate it when my team is 4-1! This is the lowest point in the Cardinals long and glorious history as an elite NFL team!
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Wow man your trying really hard to show a spelling error on my part..who gives a Damn. That's not what this thread is about.

And btw what are you getting at with that picture? That I'm lying? You think I just said damn auto correct I think your wrong and I'm right? Get lost.

I'm upset with my team. Just like everyone else when their team drops a stinker.
No. Autocorrect is amazing and I was upset when you accused it of not being able to spell. That was rude and I feel you owe autocorrect an apology
Old 10-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
No. Autocorrect is amazing and I was upset when you accused it of not being able to spell. That was rude and I feel you owe autocorrect an apology
Haha I see...it was uncalled for

Sorry Verizon auto correct.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
It doesn't help that Kolb can't hit the broadside of a barn door.
Quote:
When he had time to complete passes earlier in the game, he missed players completely. He looked horrible.
Why I agree....

Signed
Tony Romo
Pine Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #45 (permalink)

Hey now, I'm a huge Cardinals fan -- born and raised in AZ -- and while last night was bad no way in the world was this the most embarrassing moment. Lest we forget all the blowouts we'd be on the receiving end during the Dave McGinnis era. Or how about all of the empty seats at Sun Devil stadium and the endless blackouts we endured. Or the whole "Bears are who we thought we were" fiasco when we gave up just 3 offensive points to the Bears on MNF and still find a way to lose the game. Pretty much anything going back to the beginning of when the Cardinals moved here, other than the 1998 season when we made the playoffs and since Wisenhunt became our coach, has been more of an embarrassment than what occurred last night.
Clippins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
But Kolb not seeing open WRs, throwing behind WRs and just flat out missing WRs last night is on the O-line? Right...

Kolb had a few good shots at the end zone that he just flat out blew... without any pressure.
To early to tell if Kolb rates as a serviceable QB but they sure spent a lot of money on him if he's not. If a QB is getting sacked/hit/pressured almost every time he drops back it starts to affect him both mentally and mechanically. Even on the rare occasion when he has time, he is expecting and wondering where or when the next hit is coming from which can change a lot about his reads and delivery. If I had never heard anything about Aaron Rodgers or seen him play and I watched him in the Seahawks game I would have not thought he was an elite QB which we all know he is.

I have no Kolb autos so I am not making a case for him due to that.
jusdukky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
How many open looks did he miss when he had time ? I remember the one where he had man coverage on Fitz and he didn't see it BUT he still hit Doucet right between both hands and he dropped it. Without watching games from the press box or the game film the next day how can anyone who watched the game last night say he's missing open receivers all game long ? The t.v. broadcast doesn't show most of the routes on most plays unless it's an obvious replay like the Fitz was.

Again, I'm not saying Kolb is Manning but he isn't Romo either. Kolb could win a bunch of games in the NFL with their core of weapons if he had a line because he doesn't force things and make the same mistakes like a Tony Romo or even Mike Vick tend to do.
How about when he was running for his life in the third and hit Fitz across the field with a lazer for about 30+ yards ? He can make the throws, just needs some help up front. Tough for ANYONE to stand in there without peeking at the rush when you're getting pounded like he is game after game.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #48 (permalink)

How about Michael Floyd? - he can't catch a beach ball

Incoming -
Outgoing -
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Haha I see...it was uncalled for

Sorry Verizon auto correct.
Actually no. I apologize to you. You can curse Verizon all you want. I'm an AT&T boi
Old 10-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippins View Post
Hey now, I'm a huge Cardinals fan -- born and raised in AZ -- and while last night was bad no way in the world was this the most embarrassing moment. Lest we forget all the blowouts we'd be on the receiving end during the Dave McGinnis era. Or how about all of the empty seats at Sun Devil stadium and the endless blackouts we endured. Or the whole "Bears are who we thought we were" fiasco when we gave up just 3 offensive points to the Bears on MNF and still find a way to lose the game. Pretty much anything going back to the beginning of when the Cardinals moved here, other than the 1998 season when we made the playoffs and since Wisenhunt became our coach, has been more of an embarrassment than what occurred last night.
I understand That we have been legendary bad in past years..but we were who we thought we were. We knew how bad we were. To start 4-0 a d have people saying it's a fluke and we still suck then getting a chance to show the world what we were made of on national tv and playing like that??? We are the butt of many people's jokes today and that's the saddest part