Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
How many open looks did he miss when he had time ? I remember the one where he had man coverage on Fitz and he didn't see it BUT he still hit Doucet right between both hands and he dropped it. Without watching games from the press box or the game film the next day how can anyone who watched the game last night say he's missing open receivers all game long ? The t.v. broadcast doesn't show most of the routes on most plays unless it's an obvious replay like the Fitz was.

Again, I'm not saying Kolb is Manning but he isn't Romo either. Kolb could win a bunch of games in the NFL with their core of weapons if he had a line because he doesn't force things and make the same mistakes like a Tony Romo or even Mike Vick tend to do.
How about when he was running for his life in the third and hit Fitz across the field with a lazer for about 30+ yards ? He can make the throws, just needs some help up front. Tough for ANYONE to stand in there without peeking at the rush when you're getting pounded like he is game after game.
Off the top of my head... missed a wide open Fitz in the end zone when he threw a pass to Doucet... bad read. Overthrew Fitz when he had a corner beat ( Fitz tried to one hand it). Had Andre Roberts open down the center of the field and threw to his wrong shoulder. Had the TE on a LB up the middle that he under threw. That is 4 possible TD passes he missed on top of a few other shorter passes he flat out botched. I wonder if some people were watching this game...
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #52 (permalink)

Kolb is most definitely not THE problem. He is not a gamebreaker, but he is more than serviceable if he has protection.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Kolb is most definitely not THE problem. He is not a gamebreaker, but he is more than serviceable if he has protection.
I don't think he is the top problem... but I don't think he is a serviceable solution either. There is a reason he wasn't pegged to be the starter until Skelton got hurt.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
How many open looks did he miss when he had time ? I remember the one where he had man coverage on Fitz and he didn't see it BUT he still hit Doucet right between both hands and he dropped it. Without watching games from the press box or the game film the next day how can anyone who watched the game last night say he's missing open receivers all game long ? The t.v. broadcast doesn't show most of the routes on most plays unless it's an obvious replay like the Fitz was.

Again, I'm not saying Kolb is Manning but he isn't Romo either. Kolb could win a bunch of games in the NFL with their core of weapons if he had a line because he doesn't force things and make the same mistakes like a Tony Romo or even Mike Vick tend to do.
How about when he was running for his life in the third and hit Fitz across the field with a lazer for about 30+ yards ? He can make the throws, just needs some help up front. Tough for ANYONE to stand in there without peeking at the rush when you're getting pounded like he is game after game.
Excellent post.
jusdukky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
I freaking hate it when my team is 4-1! This is the lowest point in the Cardinals long and glorious history as an elite NFL team!
I laughed. Well played sir. Well played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippins View Post
Hey now, I'm a huge Cardinals fan -- born and raised in AZ -- and while last night was bad no way in the world was this the most embarrassing moment. Lest we forget all the blowouts we'd be on the receiving end during the Dave McGinnis era. Or how about all of the empty seats at Sun Devil stadium and the endless blackouts we endured. Or the whole "Bears are who we thought we were" fiasco when we gave up just 3 offensive points to the Bears on MNF and still find a way to lose the game. Pretty much anything going back to the beginning of when the Cardinals moved here, other than the 1998 season when we made the playoffs and since Wisenhunt became our coach, has been more of an embarrassment than what occurred last night.
What about your 2008 Super Bowl run? I was rooting for Warner and Fitz. But alas, the Steelers did have a more...complete team.

I'd say losing to the Steelers by 3 in a Super Bowl is a bigger accomplishment than most teams have had in the last 5 years. Maybe you could pull Warner out of retirement. Think he'd be more accurate at 44(?) than the rest of your current QBs combined.
FanboyOfNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #56 (permalink)

Considering Kolb was sacked 9 times and hit numerous other times, he still managed to complete 28/50 passes for 289 yds. Yes he missed some open looks but also had some drops. Just not that bad. Would really help him if that O-line could open some holes for the running game which would also help to take pressure off of Kolb.
jusdukky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanboyOfNone View Post
I laughed. Well played sir. Well played.

What about your 2008 Super Bowl run? I was rooting for Warner and Fitz. But alas, the Steelers did have a more...complete team.

I'd say losing to the Steelers by 3 in a Super Bowl is a bigger accomplishment than most teams have had in the last 5 years. Maybe you could pull Warner out of retirement. Think he'd be more accurate at 44(?) than the rest of your current QBs combined.
I heard that Favre is available as well.