Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Question on redemptions and serial numbering

So im my relatively short time of collecting cards, I've seen online and come across many redemption cards. Most of them are very descriptive on what the card is. Case and point: refractors. You are told the exact card and if applicable, the color of refractor/parallel.

My understanding of redemptions is that they do it when a card hasnt been created due to signing availability or a specialty card with a short production, etc. But why is it that some specific cards are packed in boxes as a mixture of actual cards and redemption cards. Could it be that only a % were produced due to lack of materials or auto sticker? Some didnt pass quality control?

I'm asking because I have wondered if there are ever cases where a 'base' serial number is produced and any other shorter SN runs ie /50 or /25 are sent via redemption but the card does not specify. As I said before, sometimes chrome refractors are specifically mentioned but for other sets, the numbered variations are of a different form.

Basically is it guaranteed to receive the high print numbering or is there a chance to receive a lower numbered?

Hope this makes sense.