Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   FOOTBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/)
-   -   Two boxes of prime and... (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/379588-two-boxes-prime.html)

FanboyOfNone 10-06-2012 07:16 PM

Two boxes of prime and...

...neither had the auto relic. Two standard autos total.

What does Topps normally do to rectify this? I feel pretty screwed here, and it would really piss me off if they found the first two Broyles lying around and sent them to me. I waited a week for this garbage to arrive.. :mad:

zonacats8 10-06-2012 07:34 PM

Classic Topps

They rectify their 2012 mistakes by loading up Prime with some nice hits and finally not completely short printing the top players.

But then their QC is horrendeous and while some people get super lucky in getting multiple luck and griffin autos in the same box, some people get the shaft missing one or both autos.

FanboyOfNone 10-06-2012 07:54 PM

[QUOTE=zonacats8;3432149]Classic Topps

They rectify their 2012 mistakes by loading up Prime with some nice hits and finally not completely short printing the top players.

But then their QC is horrendeous and while some people get super lucky in getting multiple luck and griffin autos in the same box, some people get the shaft missing one or both autos.[/QUOTE]

It's sad because I just haven't had as much fun opening Panini this year and not much luck with them either. I got some value, but my good hits were just ugly cards to me.

Now this is the first time in my short return to the hobby I've been shorted hits. I could stomach getting reamed on Platinum. I just can't see how Topps will almost inevitably send me trash when they're wasting MY time and killing my buzz.

I'm going to be brazen and politely ask for packs or something. I won't settle for two Auto Relics of Toon and Broyles when they damn well know that they essentially stole my money.

zonacats8 10-06-2012 07:57 PM

[QUOTE=FanboyOfNone;3432244]It's sad because I just haven't had as much fun opening Panini this year and not much luck with them either. I got some value, but my good hits were just ugly cards to me.

Now this is the first time in my short return to the hobby I've been shorted hits. I could stomach getting reamed on Platinum. I just can't see how Topps will almost inevitably send me trash when they're wasting MY time and killing my buzz.

I'm going to be brazen and politely ask for packs or something. I won't settle for two Auto Relics of Toon and Broyles when they damn well know that they essentially stole my money.[/QUOTE]

You know they'll send you packs with nothing in them

I'd call them out on twitter, say you were so excited to get your two boxes and didn't get your relic autos in either and are possed at topps as I've heard they respond best to twitter stuff, probably because everyone can see it

FanboyOfNone 10-06-2012 08:00 PM

[QUOTE=zonacats8;3432260]You know they'll send you packs with nothing in them

I'd call them out on twitter, say you were so excited to get your two boxes and didn't get your relic autos in either and are possed at topps as I've heard they respond best to twitter stuff, probably because everyone can see it[/QUOTE]

I have next to no followers on Twitter and I doubt they'd respond directly and give me more spotlight...or would they?

What would you hash tag it? I'm horrible at Twitter. Something like @Topps #shortedhits #screwed #paninirocks?

metsplaya123 10-06-2012 08:06 PM

[QUOTE=zonacats8;3432149]Classic Topps

But then their QC is horrendeous and while some people get super lucky in getting multiple luck and griffin autos in the same box, some people get the shaft missing one or both autos.[/QUOTE]
man did u used to work and they fired u or something, u hate them???

just like the op said, topps is more fun to open and the cards are better looking, panini u get some value, but then u open a box of rookies and stars and get a ray rice relic, a dontari poe auto and some other egnew auto, thats a double wammy, bad value and ugly cards, TOPPS FTW!!!!!

zonacats8 10-06-2012 08:15 PM

[QUOTE=metsplaya123;3432302]man did u used to work and they fired u or something, u hate them???

just like the op said, topps is more fun to open and the cards are better looking, panini u get some value, but then u open a box of rookies and stars and get a ray rice relic, a dontari poe auto and some other egnew auto, thats a double wammy, bad value and ugly cards, TOPPS FTW!!!!![/QUOTE]

I'm just really pissed at how they did Finest and Platinum with the ridiculously high numbered hits for everyone but the stars who were even more ridiculously SP'd in comparison. Then on top of that the way they have handled the kickoff redemptions as well as Topps update in baseball

metsplaya123 10-06-2012 08:21 PM

i understand, panini has to make their cards more valuable because topps does everything else better, thats just how it goes

and still topps has the more highend cards

this is what i like from each company

TOPPS
FINEST
CHROME
TOPPS
PLATINUM

PANINI
PRESTIGE
CERTIFIED

i just dont like panini

FanboyOfNone 10-06-2012 09:14 PM

Anyone with any ideas on how I would hash tag a message to @Topps. Again, I don't really tweet, so I'll take any tips on an effective message. :o

(Adding to the debate, I'd say Platinum was the worst for me so far. Two hobby boxes filled with undrafted jerkoffs. Worst checklist I've seen this year. Seemed like half the boxes posted had a Jacory Harris auto. Ten days on a practice squad in May does not constitute an NFL player. Almost feels illegal when you're buying something marketed as an NFL product with NFL players.)

zonacats8 10-06-2012 09:28 PM

Oh yea, they made Bowman Signatures this year too, first NFL product of the year and unless people forget about it like I always seem to, will be voted worst product of the year

ajscards101 10-06-2012 09:41 PM

Don't tweet Topps. Wasting your time. The guy who runs the social media there is a complete idiot.

Just call them Tuesday morning and ask to speak to the manager. Have everything you need to send in, and I'm sure they'll take care of you somehow.

FanboyOfNone 10-06-2012 10:12 PM

[QUOTE=ajscards101;3432773]Don't tweet Topps. Wasting your time. The guy who runs the social media there is a complete idiot.

Just call them Tuesday morning and ask to speak to the manager. Have everything you need to send in, and I'm sure they'll take care of you somehow.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, suppose I'd rather call. Crossing my fingers on how well they'll take care of me though. :o

Thanks for the advice. :)!

fduran27 10-06-2012 10:17 PM

At least u got your autos - I was shorted both the relic auto and Normal auto

FanboyOfNone 10-06-2012 11:30 PM

[QUOTE=fduran27;3432979]At least u got your autos - I was shorted both the relic auto and Normal auto[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear it. :(

Guess we'll both be calling Topps on Tuesday. I'm getting prepared for a two hour wait that isn't worth my time. :rolleyes:

sdoug76 10-06-2012 11:35 PM

Good luck. I just got back into the hobby too earlier this year. Case of Ginter missing 4 hits, contacted topps and got trash from them.

FanboyOfNone 10-07-2012 04:58 AM

[QUOTE=sdoug76;3433397]Good luck. I just got back into the hobby too earlier this year. Case of Ginter missing 4 hits, contacted topps and got trash from them.[/QUOTE]

Damn, guess a lot of us have been unlucky. Makes me slightly question ordering a case of Chrome or Strata, even if this is my first real problem.

I assume no one has a magical phone number or Topps email contact for situations like this? I don't mind bad hits too much if they're INSIDE THE BOX, but if I get sent anything to rectify this sour taste...it sounds like they'll just add insult to injury. I'm still fuming. :mad:

antrodemus 10-07-2012 07:30 AM

You can email [email]support@topps.com[/email].

I emailed them about a bunch of miscut cards from a jumbo box on September 2. Got an auto reply saying I will get a response in 3 to 5 days. Still haven't heard from them.

FanboyOfNone 10-07-2012 05:36 PM

[QUOTE=antrodemus;3434090]You can email [email]support@topps.com[/email].

I emailed them about a bunch of miscut cards from a jumbo box on September 2. Got an auto reply saying I will get a response in 3 to 5 days. Still haven't heard from them.[/QUOTE]

They're not accredited with the BBB, but you can still file a complaint with the BBB. Not sure if it'll do anything. Though it could expedite your service.