Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
FanboyOfNone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,477
Default Two boxes of prime and...

...neither had the auto relic. Two standard autos total.

What does Topps normally do to rectify this? I feel pretty screwed here, and it would really piss me off if they found the first two Broyles lying around and sent them to me. I waited a week for this garbage to arrive..
FanboyOfNone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 11,491
Default

Classic Topps

They rectify their 2012 mistakes by loading up Prime with some nice hits and finally not completely short printing the top players.

But then their QC is horrendeous and while some people get super lucky in getting multiple luck and griffin autos in the same box, some people get the shaft missing one or both autos.
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p615/ZonaCats8/Jonathan%20Stewart%20PC/?start=all
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
FanboyOfNone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Classic Topps

They rectify their 2012 mistakes by loading up Prime with some nice hits and finally not completely short printing the top players.

But then their QC is horrendeous and while some people get super lucky in getting multiple luck and griffin autos in the same box, some people get the shaft missing one or both autos.
It's sad because I just haven't had as much fun opening Panini this year and not much luck with them either. I got some value, but my good hits were just ugly cards to me.

Now this is the first time in my short return to the hobby I've been shorted hits. I could stomach getting reamed on Platinum. I just can't see how Topps will almost inevitably send me trash when they're wasting MY time and killing my buzz.

I'm going to be brazen and politely ask for packs or something. I won't settle for two Auto Relics of Toon and Broyles when they damn well know that they essentially stole my money.
FanboyOfNone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanboyOfNone View Post
It's sad because I just haven't had as much fun opening Panini this year and not much luck with them either. I got some value, but my good hits were just ugly cards to me.

Now this is the first time in my short return to the hobby I've been shorted hits. I could stomach getting reamed on Platinum. I just can't see how Topps will almost inevitably send me trash when they're wasting MY time and killing my buzz.

I'm going to be brazen and politely ask for packs or something. I won't settle for two Auto Relics of Toon and Broyles when they damn well know that they essentially stole my money.
You know they'll send you packs with nothing in them

I'd call them out on twitter, say you were so excited to get your two boxes and didn't get your relic autos in either and are possed at topps as I've heard they respond best to twitter stuff, probably because everyone can see it
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p615/ZonaCats8/Jonathan%20Stewart%20PC/?start=all
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
FanboyOfNone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
You know they'll send you packs with nothing in them

I'd call them out on twitter, say you were so excited to get your two boxes and didn't get your relic autos in either and are possed at topps as I've heard they respond best to twitter stuff, probably because everyone can see it
I have next to no followers on Twitter and I doubt they'd respond directly and give me more spotlight...or would they?

What would you hash tag it? I'm horrible at Twitter. Something like @Topps #shortedhits #screwed #paninirocks?
FanboyOfNone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
metsplaya123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Classic Topps

They rectify their 2012 mistakes by loading up Prime with some nice hits and finally not completely short printing the top players.

But then their QC is horrendeous and while some people get super lucky in getting multiple luck and griffin autos in the same box, some people get the shaft missing one or both autos.
man did u used to work and they fired u or something, u hate them???


just like the op said, topps is more fun to open and the cards are better looking, panini u get some value, but then u open a box of rookies and stars and get a ray rice relic, a dontari poe auto and some other egnew auto, thats a double wammy, bad value and ugly cards, TOPPS FTW!!!!!
metsplaya123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsplaya123 View Post
man did u used to work and they fired u or something, u hate them???


just like the op said, topps is more fun to open and the cards are better looking, panini u get some value, but then u open a box of rookies and stars and get a ray rice relic, a dontari poe auto and some other egnew auto, thats a double wammy, bad value and ugly cards, TOPPS FTW!!!!!
I'm just really pissed at how they did Finest and Platinum with the ridiculously high numbered hits for everyone but the stars who were even more ridiculously SP'd in comparison. Then on top of that the way they have handled the kickoff redemptions as well as Topps update in baseball
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p615/ZonaCats8/Jonathan%20Stewart%20PC/?start=all
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
metsplaya123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,040
Default

i understand, panini has to make their cards more valuable because topps does everything else better, thats just how it goes


and still topps has the more highend cards

this is what i like from each company

TOPPS
FINEST
CHROME
TOPPS
PLATINUM


PANINI
PRESTIGE
CERTIFIED

i just dont like panini
metsplaya123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
FanboyOfNone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,477
Default

Anyone with any ideas on how I would hash tag a message to @Topps. Again, I don't really tweet, so I'll take any tips on an effective message.

(Adding to the debate, I'd say Platinum was the worst for me so far. Two hobby boxes filled with undrafted jerkoffs. Worst checklist I've seen this year. Seemed like half the boxes posted had a Jacory Harris auto. Ten days on a practice squad in May does not constitute an NFL player. Almost feels illegal when you're buying something marketed as an NFL product with NFL players.)
FanboyOfNone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 11,491
Default

Oh yea, they made Bowman Signatures this year too, first NFL product of the year and unless people forget about it like I always seem to, will be voted worst product of the year
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p615/ZonaCats8/Jonathan%20Stewart%20PC/?start=all
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6,916
Default

Don't tweet Topps. Wasting your time. The guy who runs the social media there is a complete idiot.

Just call them Tuesday morning and ask to speak to the manager. Have everything you need to send in, and I'm sure they'll take care of you somehow.
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
FanboyOfNone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post
Don't tweet Topps. Wasting your time. The guy who runs the social media there is a complete idiot.

Just call them Tuesday morning and ask to speak to the manager. Have everything you need to send in, and I'm sure they'll take care of you somehow.
Yeah, suppose I'd rather call. Crossing my fingers on how well they'll take care of me though.

Thanks for the advice.
FanboyOfNone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,188
Default

At least u got your autos - I was shorted both the relic auto and Normal auto
fduran27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
FanboyOfNone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fduran27 View Post
At least u got your autos - I was shorted both the relic auto and Normal auto
Sorry to hear it.

Guess we'll both be calling Topps on Tuesday. I'm getting prepared for a two hour wait that isn't worth my time.
FanboyOfNone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,141
Default

Good luck. I just got back into the hobby too earlier this year. Case of Ginter missing 4 hits, contacted topps and got trash from them.
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
FanboyOfNone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
Good luck. I just got back into the hobby too earlier this year. Case of Ginter missing 4 hits, contacted topps and got trash from them.
Damn, guess a lot of us have been unlucky. Makes me slightly question ordering a case of Chrome or Strata, even if this is my first real problem.

I assume no one has a magical phone number or Topps email contact for situations like this? I don't mind bad hits too much if they're INSIDE THE BOX, but if I get sent anything to rectify this sour taste...it sounds like they'll just add insult to injury. I'm still fuming.
FanboyOfNone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
antrodemus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 982
Default

You can email support@topps.com.

I emailed them about a bunch of miscut cards from a jumbo box on September 2. Got an auto reply saying I will get a response in 3 to 5 days. Still haven't heard from them.
antrodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
FanboyOfNone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrodemus View Post
You can email support@topps.com.

I emailed them about a bunch of miscut cards from a jumbo box on September 2. Got an auto reply saying I will get a response in 3 to 5 days. Still haven't heard from them.
They're not accredited with the BBB, but you can still file a complaint with the BBB. Not sure if it'll do anything. Though it could expedite your service.
FanboyOfNone is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.