Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   FOOTBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/)
-   -   Post your favorite player and why (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/379599-post-your-favorite-player-why.html)

tnarg 10-06-2012 07:33 PM

Post your favorite player and why

Curious minds want to know. Current NFL players.

My favorite current NFL player is Charles Tillman. I've collected him since 03. I just love the way he plays the game and forces turnovers. Has definitely given the Bears a chance to win quite a few times. They usually don't, but at least he gives them a chance.

So who's your favorite nfl player and why?

PDawson21 10-06-2012 07:35 PM

Desean Jackson

He is short and is often a "punk" per se but he talks trash sometimes but he backs it up (Especially on MNF against the Redskins) One of the most electrifying players in the game. Been following him ever since he came into the NFL.

D-JACCPOT baby as he would say, or Miracle at the Meadowlands #2

MasterPattie 10-06-2012 07:36 PM

AJ Green.

He's carrying my fantasy team right now.

MrNineteen 10-06-2012 07:37 PM

Brandon Marshall, loved watching him when he played in Denver and to my luck he got traded to the Dolphins which really got me into collecting him and picking up every little thing I could.

ajscards101 10-06-2012 07:37 PM

Bernard Pierce

He went to Temple U (Go Owls!) and I'm a big Temple fan having many of my relatives go there plus they are in Philly, and I'm an Eagles fan. I think he is gonna be a beast, probably one of the best RB's from this years class. Back up to Ray Rice, one of the best currently :D

freethrowtommy 10-06-2012 07:38 PM

Jordy Nelson

Have to be honest, didn't really know about him until the Packers picked him in 2008. After I saw some college clips, I was hooked. Been collecting him heavily since he was picked. Love the way he has progressed and become one of the top WR in the league. Plus he is down to earth and not a diva.

Here is my fairly solid Jordy collection: [URL="http://s795.photobucket.com/albums/yy234/freethrowtommy/Jordy%20Nelson/?start=all"]http://s795.photobucket.com/albums/yy234/freethrowtommy/Jordy%20Nelson/?start=all[/URL]

MI Rob 10-06-2012 07:44 PM

Calvin Johnson. Best receiver in the game at the moment. The guy can do anything and is so exciting to watch.

cromartie3145 10-06-2012 07:45 PM

John Skelton

I remember when I was watching the draft back in 2010 when the Cardinals picked him and just being amazed with his arm, height, and QB tools. With the Cardinals QB situation soon to be in transition with Warner retiring, I believed that Skelton would be their QB of the future. He also seems to be a high character guy and a player that makes his team as a whole play better because they like playing with him. My favorite moment from his career so far was his comeback win in Philly last year. Hopefully he is given a chance to succeed in Arizona or for some NFL team as a starter. I began collecting him last year, and have really enjoyed adding to my pc. It is up to almost 75 autographed rookie cards and 30 or so numbered rcs :)

theautographkid 10-06-2012 07:45 PM

Beanie Wells

He went to Ohio St. and I'm a HUGE Ohio St. fan. He would be really good if he didn't get injured all the time :(

zonacats8 10-06-2012 07:47 PM

Jonathan Stewart

He would be a top 5 RB if he was by himself in the backfield, he's just such a beast out there, been my favorite player since the Panthers drafted him.

Favorite non-Panther is Gronk, Bear Down Wildcats

MrNineteen 10-06-2012 07:51 PM

[QUOTE=zonacats8;3432213]Jonathan Stewart

He would be a top 5 RB if he was by himself in the backfield, he's just such a beast out there, been my favorite player since the Panthers drafted him.

Favorite non-Panther is Gronk, Bear Down Wildcats[/QUOTE]

Gronk is the man! I met him at a Bar in CT in Brookfield. His best friend plays division three at Western Connecticut and they went out one night. He had no problem socializing and drinking with everyone there lol

brose61 10-06-2012 07:51 PM

Tim Tebow. He holds a clipboard like nobody else can.

HighEndHits 10-06-2012 07:58 PM

Colin Kaepernick, the next great 49ers QB!

10,000+ passing yards with 4,000+ rushing yards in college.
3 Consecutive Seasons with 2,000+ passing and 1,000+ rushing.
Only person ever to accomplish these feats in Division 1A ball.
Lightning Fast + Crazy Strong Arm + Highly Intelligent + Super Motivated + Jim Harbaugh Coaching

yankeesfan24 10-06-2012 08:00 PM

DeMarco Murray

When he was drafted in the third round in 2011, I knew he would be a star in the NFL, just based on his performance and statistics at Oklahoma (has virtually every record for a RB from there, the same school that produced AP, Billy Sims, Marcus Dupree, Tommy McDonald, etc).

Through 17 games in his career (8 of which he had minor impact due to PT or injury), he has 1,134 rushing yards and 297 receiving yards. Those are top RB numbers, and those are through 9 starts. Pretty amazing if you ask me. As long as his O-line can get blocking this year, he will continue to get huge chunks of yardage, break tackles, and injure the opposing tacklers.

My "addiction" of him as now turned into a serious disease. Any penny I have I tend to put toward a card of his that I don't have. Plus, I got to meet him which is pretty cool.

Here is the PC so far, with 4 cards in hand to scan yet, and 5 incoming (not counting the 2 pending redemptions)

pmannings#1fan 10-06-2012 08:03 PM

Peyton Manning-Because I've watched him play since he took the field in Knoxville in '94.

Strasburg 10-06-2012 08:05 PM

Well probally greg mcelroy.

I wanted for him to be drafted really bad as a possible replacement for sanchez. I was at the game when he threw his first TD. I really hope he has more to offer to the jets this season..still my favorite qb on the team.

HaystaK760 10-06-2012 08:07 PM

Chad henne
Was a fan while he was in college, when he got drafted by my favorite team I started buying whatever I could afford. To this day still collecting not a bad pc.

Haiku 10-06-2012 08:09 PM

Ray Lewis

Probably one of the best ILB/MLB to ever play the game.
Never gives up on a play and it seems like he makes the people around him better as well.

cking 10-06-2012 08:10 PM

[QUOTE=MasterPattie;3432161]AJ Green.

He's carrying my fantasy team right now.[/QUOTE]
AJ Green is gonna be a superstar for a long time. He is a phenomenal talent.
[QUOTE=brose61;3432227]Tim Tebow. He holds a clipboard like nobody else can.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez will be holding it after the Jets get hammered by Houston monday:mad:

sljock53 10-06-2012 08:15 PM

Tim Tebow because hes a good person....

Matt Ryan... not sure why

phreak9 10-06-2012 08:20 PM

[QUOTE=tnarg;3432146]Curious minds want to know. Current NFL players.

My favorite current NFL player is Charles Tillman. I've collected him since 03. I just love the way he plays the game and forces turnovers. Has definitely given the Bears a chance to win quite a few times. They usually don't, but at least he gives them a chance.

So who's your favorite nfl player and why?[/QUOTE]

ties- Aaron Rodgers Charles Woodson Maurice Jones Drew. all are outstanding players, Aaron Rodgers QB's my favorite team and he has a good sharp mind on and off the field. Rodgers called those accusations of his friend Ryan Braun's steroid use false and was proven right. Woodson is also a great player and amazing at stripping the ball and getting the RB in the back field for a CB. He has also shown support for unions an issue not many other players would openly do except for their own. He was also one of the first to lay into the replacement refs. Both players peak their minds and do a very good job of it. They also quickly brought GB a SB within a timely manner after Favres departure.

Maurice Jones Drew-i like his vigor. to me he is the next barry sanders. a short iron ball you cant tackle on a team that cant win. his ypg average is always solid and he can catch out of the backfield. one of my favorite things about him is that he wears no32. he wears no. 32 because every team passed on him in the first round. so there's a 'i remember/vengeance' thing there and i like that. its like demanding satisfaction and then slapping yourself in the face with the glove and then going after the person as a result. i love it and i have his jersey and the idea of demanding satisfaction is in my mind when i wear it.

honorable mention-Nick Collins, seriously look at the defense without him. not the same. nowhere close. WE MISS YOU NICK!!!! HOPE YOU DO YOUR AUTOGRAPH FOOD DRIVE AGAIN IN NEW BERLIN THIS YEAR

jpitten 10-06-2012 08:20 PM

[QUOTE=Haiku;3432320]Ray Lewis

Probably one of the best ILB/MLB to ever play the game.
Never gives up on a play and it seems like he makes the people around him better as well.[/QUOTE]

i agree 100% i absolutely love watching him play and change the game all by himself. I also love to watch Peyton direct the whole offense at the line. that being said i'm a Dolphins fan ;)

bmuelle21 10-06-2012 08:25 PM

Calvin Johnson - Best receiver in the league, he's a superstar but he doesn't have the "superstar bad attitude." I like to think of him as the KD of the NFL.

iBLeeDBaTTLeReD 10-06-2012 08:36 PM

Andre Johnson/Brian Cushing

AJ because he has been face of the Franchise since he was drafted. Never gives up on a play and one of the best receivers in the game. Very humble/stand up athlete not a diva like alot of WR's in the NFL. Definitely a role model for younger athletes to look up to.

Cush is just a BEAST :flex: Goes hard every play!! Need I say more:
[IMG]http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii505/xxhtownutzxx/Texans%20PC/Brian%20Cushing/cushingBL.jpg[/IMG]

Bars and Bar 10-06-2012 08:39 PM

Andre Johnson. At training camp a few years ago, he signed 4 items for me. AND!!! He beat Finnegan's ass