Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #51 (permalink)

Kyle I think you should seriously consider refraining from soliciting advice here. More often than not certain people will take the opposite side....just because. Also, Freeman had a good point... If you solicit advice you better be prepared for the complete opposite answer you were looking for. And not get pissed, which is hard to do. So go back to my first point and refrain from soliciting advice.

I learned this the hard way.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojallad View Post

I learned this the hard way.
LOL, ya you did
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #53 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojallad View Post
You need more herbal medicine.
I was going to say maybe he needs to skip the herbal medicine and use that money to pay back the other guy in this trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
You are such a whiny B*tch. And, to make matters worse, you have only been on here for around 7 months are have almost 3000 posts.

Here's some advice, be a F***ing ADULT. Handle your #@#@#@#@ and don't get yourself into situations that you can't get out of. That will be difficult for you since you seem to have a new problem every other day.

Best of luck to you, crybaby.
Why is it when I saw "levelheaded advice" and Madbacker that I knew it would be trouble
oldgoldy97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #54 (permalink)

I'm late to this conversation, but I've been buying and selling on eBay since the beginning of 2000..

Generally speaking with eBay, they will usually side with a buyer in almost every case. If your product was not accurately depicted for the specific condition of your autograph problem, I would believe eBay will ultimately side with you no matter what.

Unless your seller/trader has a serious attitude, I would think that you can work things out with them such that you don't have to involve eBay in a dispute.

Not for sports cards, but with both a couple complete vintage motorcycle auctions and a couple situations where I was selling something I have had members create a dispute with me, and I've created a dispute with them. As long as you keep a level head with people, 99% of the people who you deal with on eBay are generally going to be amicable in a situation like this, but if you ask someone nicely to reverse the trade and offer to perhaps pay for the return shipping if he does the same for you, I would think the problem can be resolved easily.

Just remember, you get more with sugar then you do with <insert S word for poop here>. If you start flaming the person on eBay you're working with, chances are they're going to dig their heals in the sand and bark right back at you, but if you approach an issue like this politely, I'll bet they come around...
Moo Strength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
I was good with you for a bit I guess, but the last few days you seem to be back to your annoying ways, and I obviously wasn't trying to win that free card because I didn't explain about why I hated you

And about taking things too seriously and to just have fun because it's the Internet, you do realize that nobody here finds your comments "fun", they're just annoying to have to read
Then put me on the ignore list.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamar3504 View Post
Are they made of leather?
Close. Pleather.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Why is every problem you have...

A) a life or death matter?
B) have to be posted here?

Just handle your business instead of whining about it to all of us.

Is it me or are we seeing more and more of these types of threads?
Thank you! Madbacker your awesome. Seriously I've never frequented a community where every decision, every box break, every trade, every sale has to be validated by the community because the person involved isn't confident enough in themselves to make a decision and stick to it.

As for the OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
You messed up by spending the money before the deal was even complete. That's totally on you man.
I agree with this completely. If you don't like the deal then ship everything back including the money, when you get it. How long would it take for you to come up with $20 in this hobby? My guess is not long. Do the right thing, don't go looking for a partial refund and chalk the deal up to a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by matfanofold View Post
Aside from the unfortunate situation, I think that if someone is going to actively buy, sell, or trade then they should have the means to fix/refund said transactions if an issue arises. This to me is a sort of pet peeve, have the means available to rectify any and all issues before commiting to buying/selling/trading... This goes for both buyer, seller, or either end of a deal.
Completely agree. I think its lame you already spent that money and don't have it anymore. What if you went into a retailer to return something you bought for a refund and they said "Sorry we don't have any money to give you", bet you would be livid

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Hey jackass, if you don't have something worthwhile to post, stay the #@#@#@#@ out of my threads

This is only the second advice thread I've posted and the other was when I first started, have had other issues pop up that were easily dealt with, was just looking for some thoughts on a new situation I had never thought would come up.

There is nothing wrong with these threads, there is no reason someone shouldn't be able to ask for some advice as to how something on here should be handled, if you don't like it, just don't read those threads.

This is why 95% of this board can't stand you
Speak for yourself. I would rather listen to madbacker tell me to piss off and eat cheerios then to listen to half of the regulars around here. He is original, has original thoughts, and is right 99% of the time he speaks.

http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
Thank you! Madbacker your awesome. Seriously I've never frequented a community where every decision, every box break, every trade, every sale has to be validated by the community because the person involved isn't confident enough in themselves to make a decision and stick to it.

As for the OP

I agree with this completely. If you don't like the deal then ship everything back including the money, when you get it. How long would it take for you to come up with $20 in this hobby? My guess is not long. Do the right thing, don't go looking for a partial refund and chalk the deal up to a mistake

Completely agree. I think its lame you already spent that money and don't have it anymore. What if you went into a retailer to return something you bought for a refund and they said "Sorry we don't have any money to give you", bet you would be livid

Speak for yourself. I would rather listen to madbacker tell me to piss off and eat cheerios then to listen to half of the regulars around here. He is original, has original thoughts, and is right 99% of the time he speaks.
Well said Alex, well said.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #59 (permalink)

I have dealt with zonacats8 before with no problems what so ever. Things like this do arise from time to time and thats why when I make sales threads I always disclose any type of imperfection with the card. Even the smallest bit of white on a corner or anything. Sometimes, even with scans there is not much you can do. Even with the big huge scans that COMC provides, with every batch of 100 cards I ship there is at least 5 that have some type of printing line or other issue. I even go back and look at the scan after I have the card in hand and you cannot see the line on thier scan. Unless a card is actually in hand or your seller/trader is 100 % honest and upfront about stuff like this problems like this can and will arise.

Last edited by cking; 10-11-2012 at 12:08 AM.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote