Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 01:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default What is the best 2012 product to buy for re sale?

It's been a while since I've checked out these forums and I'm looking for something with some juice that has some value to it, assuming that the 2011 stuff has cooled off or has it? Any way what is the best stuff to buy that will generate some capital just by having it, something with good re sale value.
paydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

None unless you hit RG3 or luck your losing money. Stick with 2011 IMO
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Really, what could I buy from 2011 that has some juice on it? something I could use to make some coin
Old 10-07-2012, 02:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paydirt View Post
Really, what could I buy from 2011 that has some juice on it? something I could use to make some coin
This is kind of like asking what scratch ticket to buy. Your "safest" bet is to pick a cheap player, stock up, and hope for a really good game or two for a flip.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
yea, if you're looking to just make solid money no matter what, don't buy a box

But if you're looking for something that if you get lucky would get you some good money in return, 2011 Crown might be a good option, can get it pretty cheap and there are some real nice hits to be had in there.
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

What or who do you suggest? What should I do buy some refractors of Andy Dalton and hope to sell them for $5 more than what I bought them for? That doesn't sound like too much fun. I was thinking what about buying a box of like 2011 topps chrome and like trying to sell teams or divisions box break style. I've seen other people make some nice cash on some 2011 topps supreme. Is that even a possibility? or is it like frowned upon or something? Because of e bay fees or disgruntled customers or what?
Old 10-07-2012, 04:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

oh boy.................
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

god threads like this kill me lol
trixstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

Preorder 2012 Chrome now and then resell the case when it's released. This is one if the only ways you can possibly make money unless you hit a monster. Also why ask about 2012 when all the products haven't been released yet?
Old 10-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

Everyone makes money guaranteed on every box that they buy. I would suggest buying as much 2003 product as possible as people will pay in excess of $10 for even the simplest of base cards. And the best part about 2003 product is that Blowout practically gives them away. They only charge you to ship them to your house. You will be rolling in the dough by the end of the month.

Hope that helps you on your way to becoming a millionaire.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:24 AM   #11 (permalink)

From now until the end of 2012 people who rip and flip should take a break. Ebay is flooded with people taking advantage of free listings for the rest of the year and nothing is getting a good value. Even if you hit a RG3 and Luck low numbered auto in the same case you will still lose money right now. There is not one product out there that will make you a profit unless you hit a 1/1 of a good player or something else amazing. Market is soft right now, very soft. Your best aproach is to buy singles of players and resell once their value goes up.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
From now until the end of 2012 people who rip and flip should take a break. Ebay is flooded with people taking advantage of free listings for the rest of the year and nothing is getting a good value. Even if you hit a RG3 and Luck low numbered auto in the same case you will still lose money right now. There is not one product out there that will make you a profit unless you hit a 1/1 of a good player or something else amazing. Market is soft right now, very soft. Your best aproach is to buy singles of players and resell once their value goes up.
The reason people are losing money is stupidity. They hit key cards and start them at $.99.

With the free listing, you are better starting at the # you want for the card and just letting it sit there. I've done moderately well with that strategy. Definitely made more than if I had started them at $.99.
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
This is good advice.

To the OP - If you want a fun, fairly cheap break that has a good chance at breaking even, I would suggest a box of 2011 Chrome Football rack packs.

2011 Topps Chrome Football Value Rack Pack Box - $187.95 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store

Newton, Dalton, Green, etc all still sell fairly well. You also have the shot at some nice color and the retail exclusive orange refractors that sell for a premium.

Remember though, although its a fun break its still not a guaranteed money maker. Nothing is. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixstar View Post
god threads like this kill me lol
Took the words right out of my mouth
Old 10-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #15 (permalink)

Is the market on ebay so soft just because so many people are listin b/c of the free fees to list? Please explain Frank or anyone for that matter
broncomanning18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncomanning18 View Post
Is the market on ebay so soft just because so many people are listin b/c of the free fees to list? Please explain Frank or anyone for that matter
I think that is part of it and also because the amount of case breakers busting multiple cases has gone through the roof. Everyone with a credit card is now trying to profit off case breaking and combine that with it being a good time for these new multi case breakers to start with the free listings, and you get a saturated market. This is just my take from what I have seen the last few months.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #17 (permalink)

It's flooded for the very same reason the OP made this thread. Everyone and their flipping mother is doing blog tv and group breaks and buying up #@#@#@#@ products all trying to make a profit in a hobby that was never made for making profits. Companies keep making #@#@#@#@ products b/c they know they will be bought up.
trixstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
What or who do you suggest? What should I do buy some refractors of Andy Dalton and hope to sell them for $5 more than what I bought them for? That doesn't sound like too much fun. I was thinking what about buying a box of like 2011 topps chrome and like trying to sell teams or divisions box break style. I've seen other people make some nice cash on some 2011 topps supreme. Is that even a possibility? or is it like frowned upon or something? Because of e bay fees or disgruntled customers or what?
What? I'll tell you what I did that was very exciting. Put $220 into Turbin for a mix of high and low end auto's at very good prices. I'll be able to do well if there's ever any speculation over him, but if he ever becomes a starter, I triple my money based on where other guy's cards have gone after being named starters. I had fun picking which cards I wanted to invest in.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadWayTooMuch View Post
The reason people are losing money is stupidity. They hit key cards and start them at $.99.

With the free listing, you are better starting at the # you want for the card and just letting it sit there. I've done moderately well with that strategy. Definitely made more than if I had started them at $.99.
This really bugs me too.

Just noticed an Alshon Jeffery Topps 2012 RPA/90 auto sell for 20 bucks on auction. The last three ended at 45 - 60 BIN/BO. The seller could have easily got 35 or so with a BIN, but that's no fun!

Sellers love to devalue any card I own it seems. Though I suppose i could blame myself for not bidding to flip.
FanboyOfNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #20 (permalink)

So it's almost impossible to buy something and make money on it, I've seen it on here before, some guy spends $300 on some totally certified and some triple threads and gets $40 worth of stuff and says that panini sucks and that he will never buy it again. Then some guy buys $400 worth of National Treasures and hits a Cam Newton RPA and claims it is worth $5,000. I know that it is a rare pull. I was thinking along the lines of buying some topps chrome or supreme and doing a team grab bag break and trying to make some cash. I saw a guy buy a hobby box of chrome and he made $200 on it total that would be about a $50 profit. I was thinking a long the lines of doing something like that. Just say you had something of about $25 and you wanted to get into a break, what are some of the products that you would have interest in?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
So it's almost impossible to buy something and make money on it, I've seen it on here before, some guy spends $300 on some totally certified and some triple threads and gets $40 worth of stuff and says that panini sucks and that he will never buy it again. Then some guy buys $400 worth of National Treasures and hits a Cam Newton RPA and claims it is worth $5,000. I know that it is a rare pull. I was thinking along the lines of buying some topps chrome or supreme and doing a team grab bag break and trying to make some cash. I saw a guy buy a hobby box of chrome and he made $200 on it total that would be about a $50 profit. I was thinking a long the lines of doing something like that. Just say you had something of about $25 and you wanted to get into a break, what are some of the products that you would have interest in?
Upper Deck The Cup, Leaf History of Hockey

Be careful if you do ebay group breaks, its against the rules and you could get screwed.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #22 (permalink)

It's against the rules? I wasn't aware of that I guess that's out of the question. So you're saying if I did a box break on e bay I could wind up getting banned? That doesn't sound like it's worth the risk. Other people probably get away with it though. It just seems like such a chore to buy some stuff and hope to sell it back for like half your money it's just too expensive.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

If I were you I would have preordered about 10 deluxe wii u bundles back in september thats an easy 3 grand profit at least come christmas time.

Last edited by rip+flip; 10-07-2012 at 11:04 PM.
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:58 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip+flip View Post
If I were you I would have preordered about 10 deluxe wii u bundles back in september thats an easy 3 grand profit at least come christmas time.
Good advice
Old 10-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #25 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
It's been a while since I've checked out these forums and I'm looking for something with some juice that has some value to it, assuming that the 2011 stuff has cooled off or has it? Any way what is the best stuff to buy that will generate some capital just by having it, something with good re sale value.
Don't you think if it was easy that everyone would be rich off this hobby?