Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/17/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 12:45 AM   #101 (permalink)
Member
 
burke23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 2,841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
Im going to assume you will say yes. Do you also consider Joe Montana elite?
It's fairly obvious you aren't listening to any argument against Cutler being elite. And please don't put him in the same sentence as Montana or Brady...please.
__________________
Bucket -http://s599.photobucket.com/albums/tt72/avrules2000
Looking for rare/low numbered Randy Moss rookies (IE E-X Credentials, Ultra Platinum Medallion, etc)
burke23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #102 (permalink)
Member
 
a-train10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 9,522
Default

I'm sorry, I just stumbled upon this thread. Are people actually comparing Cutler to elite QBs, ala Rodgers, Brady, Eli, etc.?

I'm from IL, and a huge Bears fan... Cutler's not elite. Not close. Over his career, he'd thrown over 3500 yards twice, and never thrown more than 30 TDs.

Once again, Cutler is not elite. His D and running game make him look good.
__________________
I only ship to confirmed US addresses. Sorry to all out of US collectors.

I do require immediate payment when selling.
a-train10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #103 (permalink)
Member
 
IowaCubs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,112
Default

If you are trying to compare Jay Cutler to either of those guys you are mentally challenged. They both have multiple SB Rings and made plays that cutler couldn't dream of making.
__________________
Collecting KC Chiefs, Royals, and Cubs!

Also Collect: Iowa State, Iowa, Kirk Cousins!
IowaCubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:47 AM   #104 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jamestown, NY
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
It is 100% clear to me that you are under 15, and if youre not then, well, thats not good. You use this years stats, because Jay Didnt play the full year last year so you cant Guarentee me he wouldnt throw for 5000+ yards.
You cant use 2 Years ago because Matt didnt play the full year, same with three years ago, Therefore the only fair comparison is this year. Staffords only played one full year, and hes Elite? jay had one incredible Year in 08 as well, So by your standards, Jay Is Elite too?
If this were the case, Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco would be Elite and Rodgers would be considered slightly below elite. Statistics can be easily manipulated.

For example: Here is a blind resume of a starting QB currently in the NFL.

67.5% Comp, 1,111 yards, 8 TD 4 INT and a Passer rating of 103 (which is 5th in the NFL). Before I tell you who this is, are these "Elite stats"?

Also, said person has slightly less comp percentage, more yards and more TDs than Aaron Rodgers. Does that mean he is better, or at least on par with him??


All i'm saying is we can argue statistics left and right. I can throw numbers of players at you all day, but if you're not willing to admit that you were wrong by saying that he is elite, then there is no point in any of this.

Last edited by mikeman7322; 10-08-2012 at 12:49 AM.
mikeman7322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:48 AM   #105 (permalink)
Member
 
MarshallCutler6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke23 View Post
It's fairly obvious you aren't listening to any argument against Cutler being elite. And please don't put him in the same sentence as Montana or Brady...please.
I didnt I was simply trying to point out that there are Different levels of Elite. i will Give way to anyone who gives me better arguments than "Hes a cry baby" or BOOHOO "He yelled at his lineman"(Worlds Smallest Violin).
I gladly Would admit hes not elite to anyone who gives me a good reason as you will see I did so When someone Gave me Big bens stats.
MarshallCutler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:48 AM   #106 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaCubs1 View Post
Someone a little bitter because they called a mediocre QB, elite? Man matt cassel, Brandon weeden, John Skelton... All heAded to the hall of fame.
Those 3 to Canton? You must be on crack! Really seriously??
__________________
S.Y.L.B 1%
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #107 (permalink)
Member
 
IowaCubs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
I didnt I was simply trying to point out that there are Different levels of Elite. i will Give way to anyone who gives me better arguments than "Hes a cry baby" or BOOHOO "He yelled at his lineman"(Worlds Smallest Violin).
I gladly Would admit hes not elite to anyone who gives me a good reason as you will see I did so When someone Gave me Big bens stats.
So he's elite but he's not elite? You make no sense. And you admitted he is not elite compared to roethlisberger? So what is elite to you?
__________________
Collecting KC Chiefs, Royals, and Cubs!

Also Collect: Iowa State, Iowa, Kirk Cousins!
IowaCubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #108 (permalink)
Member
 
IowaCubs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
Those 3 to Canton? You must be on crack! Really seriously??
It was a joke. Jesus you take things too seriously. It's called SARCASM
__________________
Collecting KC Chiefs, Royals, and Cubs!

Also Collect: Iowa State, Iowa, Kirk Cousins!
IowaCubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:51 AM   #109 (permalink)
Member
 
MarshallCutler6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman7322 View Post
If this were the case, Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco would be Elite and Rodgers would be considered slightly below elite. Statistics can be easily manipulated.

For example: Here is a blind resume of a starting QB currently in the NFL.

67.5% Comp, 1,111 yards, 8 TD 4 INT and a Passer rating of 103 (which is 5th in the NFL). Before I tell you who this is, are these "Elite stats"?

Also, said person has slightly less comp percentage, more yards and more TDs than Aaron Rodgers. Does that mean he is better, or at least on par with him??


All i'm saying is we can argue statistics left and right. I can throw numbers of players at you all day, but if you're not willing to admit that you were wrong by saying that he is elite, then there is no point in any of this.
A: Thats andy dalton not counting todays game.
B:All I said was if Stafford is elite for his one good year than Cutler shoud be considered Elite for his one.
MarshallCutler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #110 (permalink)
Member
 
IowaCubs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
I didnt I was simply trying to point out that there are Different levels of Elite. i will Give way to anyone who gives me better arguments than "Hes a cry baby" or BOOHOO "He yelled at his lineman"(Worlds Smallest Violin).
I gladly Would admit hes not elite to anyone who gives me a good reason as you will see I did so When someone Gave me Big bens stats.
Read your post. It wasn't "tell me why he's not elite" it's tell me why you hate him. I hate him because he is a crybaby.
__________________
Collecting KC Chiefs, Royals, and Cubs!

Also Collect: Iowa State, Iowa, Kirk Cousins!
IowaCubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #111 (permalink)
Member
 
MarshallCutler6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaCubs1 View Post
So he's elite but he's not elite? You make no sense. And you admitted he is not elite compared to roethlisberger? So what is elite to you?
Hes not better than Big Ben, ill gladly admit that because I was given Good reasoning and a fair comparison as they both have poor O lines.
MarshallCutler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #112 (permalink)
Member
 
a-train10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 9,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
A: Thats andy dalton not counting todays game.
B:All I said was if Stafford is elite for his one good year than Cutler shoud be considered Elite for his one.
I'm looking at his stats right now. What year would you consider elite? I'm very curious to hear this.

Jay Cutler: Career Stats at NFL.com
__________________
I only ship to confirmed US addresses. Sorry to all out of US collectors.

I do require immediate payment when selling.
a-train10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #113 (permalink)
Member
 
MarshallCutler6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaCubs1 View Post
Read your post. It wasn't "tell me why he's not elite" it's tell me why you hate him. I hate him because he is a crybaby.
I get that but its clearly turned into an argument of wether hes elite or not. and everyone still uses the hes a crybaby for why hes not elite. Im not saying you in particular.
MarshallCutler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #114 (permalink)
Member
 
burke23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 2,841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
A: Thats andy dalton not counting todays game.
B:All I said was if Stafford is elite for his one good year than Cutler shoud be considered Elite for his one.
what has cutler done this year to be considered elite? His team has won, but that isn't because of the 5td's and 6 int's he's thrown.
__________________
Bucket -http://s599.photobucket.com/albums/tt72/avrules2000
Looking for rare/low numbered Randy Moss rookies (IE E-X Credentials, Ultra Platinum Medallion, etc)
burke23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #115 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jamestown, NY
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
A: Thats andy dalton not counting todays game.
B:All I said was if Stafford is elite for his one good year than Cutler shoud be considered Elite for his one.
A: Correct.


B: what makes someone "Elite"? Is it multiple seasons of production? SB Rings? MVPs? Personal achievements or accolades?
mikeman7322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #116 (permalink)
Member
 
IowaCubs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
Hes not better than Big Ben, ill gladly admit that because I was given Good reasoning and a fair comparison as they both have poor O lines.
Instead of having people explain why he's not elite... HOW IS HE ELITE!!!!!!! How can you categorize him with BRADY, BREES, RODGERS. Tell me. I want to hear.
__________________
Collecting KC Chiefs, Royals, and Cubs!

Also Collect: Iowa State, Iowa, Kirk Cousins!
IowaCubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #117 (permalink)
Member
 
MarshallCutler6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-train10 View Post
I'm looking at his stats right now. What year would you consider elite? I'm very curious to hear this.

Jay Cutler: Career Stats at NFL.com
2008 his pro bowl Year in which he was top 5 in all major QB stats.
MarshallCutler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:55 AM   #118 (permalink)
Member
 
MarshallCutler6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman7322 View Post
A: Correct.


B: what makes someone "Elite"? Is it multiple seasons of production? SB Rings? MVPs? Personal achievements or accolades?
The First one IMO. so what Im saying is Stafford cant be considered Elite If Jay isnt. because they both had One larger than life season.
MarshallCutler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:56 AM   #119 (permalink)
Member
 
IowaCubs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
The First one IMO. so what Im saying is Stafford cant be considered Elite If Jay isnt. because they both had One larger than life season.
Ok then neither of them are and you just proved why Cutler isn't.
__________________
Collecting KC Chiefs, Royals, and Cubs!

Also Collect: Iowa State, Iowa, Kirk Cousins!
IowaCubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:56 AM   #120 (permalink)
Member
 
IowaCubs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke23 View Post
what has cutler done this year to be considered elite? His team has won, but that isn't because of the 5td's and 6 int's he's thrown.
Agree.......
__________________
Collecting KC Chiefs, Royals, and Cubs!

Also Collect: Iowa State, Iowa, Kirk Cousins!
IowaCubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:56 AM   #121 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jamestown, NY
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
The First one IMO. so what Im saying is Stafford cant be considered Elite If Jay isnt. because they both had One larger than life season.
Then, by your own standards, neither are "Elite".
mikeman7322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:58 AM   #122 (permalink)
Member
 
SDcardguy24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
2008 his pro bowl Year in which he was top 5 in all major QB stats.
Oh, a Pro Bowler? Yep, he's elite you guys.

MarshallCutler6-I'm curious, which current QBs do you think are better than Cutler?
SDcardguy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:58 AM   #123 (permalink)
Member
 
a-train10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 9,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
2008 his pro bowl Year in which he was top 5 in all major QB stats.
Ok, so that makes him elite?

In this thread, you are saying he's elite because he's winning games. In 2008 he went 8-8, which, judging by your standards does not make him elite.

That doesn't make any sense. You're skewing your beliefs to make it look like Cutler is elite. You keep changing your argument.

There are no different levels of elite, by the way. You either are or you aren't. You're not "kind of elite". Cutler is not elite. I'd compare him to Vick kind of numbers, without the fumbles and rushing yards. I'd also say Vick is an average QB.

Cutler is an average QB.
__________________
I only ship to confirmed US addresses. Sorry to all out of US collectors.

I do require immediate payment when selling.
a-train10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:02 AM   #124 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaCubs1 View Post
It was a joke. Jesus you take things too seriously. It's called SARCASM
Kinda hard to detect on the net without the rolling eyes icon sorry.
__________________
S.Y.L.B 1%
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:04 AM   #125 (permalink)
Member
 
IowaCubs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
Kinda hard to detect on the net without the rolling eyes icon sorry.
It's ok. I meant for it to be sarcastic. Hell no I'm a kc fan, cassel could disappear and I would be jumping up and down happy.
__________________
Collecting KC Chiefs, Royals, and Cubs!

Also Collect: Iowa State, Iowa, Kirk Cousins!
IowaCubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.